When will BB finally join the other platforms and support IMAP for BIS? I know this was brought up in 2009 but give me a break here we are in 2012 and Apple and Android both support IMAP. How could RIM just support an in box in this day and age?

I miss RIM but I need those subfolders to get work done on the BIS Side so I carry both the iPhone 4S and Samsung Skyrocket. Which both support IMAP. If RIM would support it I would come back to RIm.

Does anyone have any information n this?
    11-23-11 01:15 PM
    BIS supposts IMAP. Gmail is on IMAP. It does not, however, support my works IMAP only because of the extra security it incurs on the exchange server. I'd have to route all that crap through BES which I don't because I don't check it that often anyways, I keep telling these yahoos to phone me.
    elvin1983 likes this.
    11-23-11 01:40 PM
    When will BB finally join the other platforms and support IMAP for BIS? I know this was brought up in 2009 but give me a break here we are in 2012 and Apple and Android both support IMAP. How could RIM just support an in box in this day and age?

I miss RIM but I need those subfolders to get work done on the BIS Side so I carry both the iPhone 4S and Samsung Skyrocket. Which both support IMAP. If RIM would support it I would come back to RIm.

Does anyone have any information n this?
    One word, Logicmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 02:31 PM
    It's laughable that a phone that made it's a name as an email device is now probably among the worst at handling email anything other than gmail and soon enough the gmail support will shrink.

As has been said other platforms support full imap, blackberry still only pushes new inbox messages. Farcical!
    11-24-11 07:31 AM
    It's laughable that a phone that made it's a name as an email device is now probably among the worst at handling email anything other than gmail and soon enough the gmail support will shrink.

As has been said other platforms support full imap, blackberry still only pushes new inbox messages. Farcical!
    Couldn't agree more. Thank god someone else see's this as well and not totally blind. I've brought this up Before and got destroyed by BB loyalist which I used to be until the OS got way to old to be loyal too.

I'm just surprised that not more people aren't upset over this as much as I am. I use sub folders all day long to keep things organized. I don't see how RIM can go this long without supporting IMAP when windows the newest player on the block (at least in smartphones) supports IMAP along with Apple and Google. BB fans just tell me "oh we'll, I just use my inbox" how the **** is this considered a true business device on the BIS without IMAP? You can't be serious!

I'm starting to think BB fans are just blind.
    Last edited by wayneholbrook; 11-24-11 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
    11-24-11 08:37 AM
    Couldn't agree more. Thank god someone else see's this as well and not totally blind. I've brought this up Before and got destroyed by BB loyalist which I used to be until the OS got way to old to be loyal too.

I'm just surprised that not more people aren't upset over this as much as I am. I use sub folders all day long to keep things organized. I don't see how RIM can go this long without supporting IMAP when windows the newest player on the block (at least in smartphones) supports IMAP along with Apple and Google. BB fans just tell me "oh we'll, I just use my inbox" how the **** is this considered a true business device on the BIS without IMAP? You can't be serious!

Again, there's an app for that, isn't that what apple tells you?

I have thousands of emails in my imap account, I don't want them all on my phone.

11-24-11 08:45 AM
    Again, there's an app for that, isn't that what apple tells you?

I have thousands of emails in my imap account, I don't want them all on my phone.

No that's not what Apple tells you. You need an app to handle basic email functions? Really? On a Blackberry?

I think on a BB you shoud expect native email functionality that includes IMAP.
    11-24-11 08:54 AM
  8. T
    I like it the way it is. I don't use folders for anything. There are filers, and there are pilers. Filing is such a menial chore. I'm a piler. I just let them all pile up, and every few days, I'll save what I want on my phone and delete the rest from the device (or device and server if it's junk). As for "order," it can all just sit there on google's, aol's, hotmail's, and yahoo's servers in the inboxes.
    11-24-11 08:59 AM
    No that's not what Apple tells you. You need an app to handle basic email functions? Really? On a Blackberry?

I think on a BB you shoud expect native email functionality that includes IMAP.
    I never looked at a blackberry as a complete replacement of a computer or outlook, more an extension to the office.
    Getting email fast is what I need and with imap iddle any email account on a blackberry is instant push, without exchange.

How's the push for your imap account on the iphone or android without exchange?

Non existant.

11-24-11 09:00 AM
    I never looked at a blackberry as a complete replacement of a computer or outlook, more an extension to the office.
    Getting email fast is what I need and with imap iddle any email account on a blackberry is instant push, without exchange.

Non existant.

Don't get me wrong, I do value your opinion and everyone else's, that's how we all learn and see what else is out there. It's funny when you say my imap is not push, in the apple 4S my email such as (me.com) is listed as push. I also have the 9900 and when I have them side by side not only my me.com address comes in faster on the Apple but also my work exchange account comes in faster on the Apple. So I really don't get it when some people say that BB is the king for emails. One thing for sure is the fantastic keyboard, I will never have an argument for that.

I'm not saying your wrong, to each his own, I'm just saying why cant we have the option like all the other platforms. If you don't like the full IMAP support then you can choose not to use it, but not to have the option on the o called "king of email" device just disturbs me.

Just my opinion.
    11-24-11 09:18 AM
    I also don't need my folders on my phone. I can look at the folders on my
    computer in most cases. However, if I really needed to get to a folder, I'd
    just sign into the mobile site for my email. Its no big deal to me, but I only
    need to do it once a year.

BTW, you've brought up your complaints before, so why begin a redundant
    thread?
    11-24-11 09:54 AM
    Full imap is not what BB email is all about, never was.

11-24-11 10:34 AM

First BIS is for consumers it is not geared towards business use. For that Rim offers BES.

But I agree with you in that they should do more for BIS business users who don't have access to BES through their business.

Second Windows Mobile is not the new kid on the block Windows mobile is in fact one of the oldest Smartphone OS's (beginning with Pocket PC 2002 smartphone OS) after Rim's blackberry OS.
    11-24-11 10:37 AM

Non existant.
    I agree with the way you look at and use the BB. Initially, the lack of IMAP file management (I know it is buried in menu though) bothered me, but I now use my BB mainly as an "email reader". Quick check (and response) of emails, and once I decided to consider my BB that way, nothing really bothered me any more. However, I do not appreciate truncated mails or lack of proper display of HTML mails etc. Nevertheless, as an email reader, BB is fine.

Re your comment on push email on iPhone without exchange, I use gmail accounts with ActiveSync (it's set up as an exchange account in iPhone) and I get push gmails faster than BB.
    wayneholbrook likes this.
    11-24-11 11:32 AM
    Re your comment on push email on iPhone without exchange, I use gmail accounts with ActiveSync (it's set up as an exchange account in iPhone) and I get push gmails faster than BB.
    I was refering to hosted imap accounts, not gmail/hotmail/yahoo

11-24-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD