Can someone explain how this is supposed to work? I've been so fed up with Google sync's one-way-only bug lately (fix: delete facebook) I came across the native BIS sync feature and have tried it. I find that events/contacts created on bberry appear immediately in google, but those created in google don't appear, or take a while to appear, on bberry. Can someone tell me how long they are intended to take to show up, and if BIS google sync is working seamlessly for them with contacts and calendar in the way the Google Sync app was supposed to?
    06-24-11 04:54 AM
    Same thing here. Works perfectly from PC to Berry but not the other way.

Someone help please.

Edit: I actually meant that it works perfectly from my phone to my PC but not from my PC to my phone.
    Last edited by Theme; 11-11-11 at 02:07 AM.
    11-11-11 01:57 AM
    Theme, there seem to be a variety of different fixes, that work (or don't) for different people. My latest problems were fixed by deleting the email account from the bberry and recreating it. All my calendar entries are now under the name of that account, and no 'Default' entry appears. Prior to this I think I deleted all CICAL service books, and resent only the one pertaining to the account I'm now syncing with.

Does this help for you?
    11-11-11 08:22 AM
    Can someone explain how this is supposed to work? I've been so fed up with Google sync's one-way-only bug lately (fix: delete facebook) I came across the native BIS sync feature and have tried it. I find that events/contacts created on bberry appear immediately in google, but those created in google don't appear, or take a while to appear, on bberry. Can someone tell me how long they are intended to take to show up, and if BIS google sync is working seamlessly for them with contacts and calendar in the way the Google Sync app was supposed to?
    If you poke around the google documentation/help pages, you'll find that what you're seeing is standard. Changes made on device are synchronized almost instantly with google. Changes made to google (via browser) can take a few hours to land on the device.
    11-14-11 03:51 PM
    Regardless of what I say below, I'm still using BIS to sync with Google:

At times, when I make changes to a calendar event on my Storm2, it doesn't reflect the change on the Google Calendar.

Contact address file gets completely hosed. the zip, city, state all get bunched together in the street field on my Storm after it sync.

If you have a name in the company field on the device, and no name in the first name or last name field, the name in the company field gets copied into the first name field.

Apparently this is a known issue and nothing's been done to fix it.

Good Luck
    11-14-11 07:10 PM
    As a follow-on to TurboTiger's post, I was VERY careful about how I added contacts for syncing because I had over 1200 to begin with.

I have a google apps domain, and I have one address for all my biz correspondence. When IMAP and BIS sync didn't get along so well, I created a new account solely for syncing.

I meticulously adhered to the google contact format when importing my existing contacts. I cleared all databases from my BlackBerry and started from zero on both sides of the sync.

I imported my contacts into google, set up the sync, and saw the same ridiculous mashing of field values after a sync.

I am ignoring it for now, but I really wish this stuff would just work already. I mean, contact fields are not exactly a brand new nut to crack.
    11-17-11 11:10 PM
    Ok guys, I was able to clean up my contacts file in one respect:
    As you know, when data was in the company field only and not in the first name and last name fields, the company data would also appear in the first and last name fields.

It took some time but the way I cleaned it up was to delete the data in the first and last name fields several time (some times as many as 3 times since the info would show up again after the every sync went through. But eventually, it stuck and my contacts on my device are clean.

Now the only challenge is to attempt to clean up the address issue where the zip, state and city all are thrown in the street field. When I get the time I might attempt it and report back.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck
    11-27-11 01:20 PM
    Yes the steps I described above in the previous post will also clean up the address field screw-up.

I test a couple addresses. Not sure I'm gonna go through my entire address book (800+ contacts.

Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 12-17-11 at 08:43 PM.
    11-28-11 09:11 PM
    Well I take back what I said above about cleaning up the address. After a few syncs the address field on the device is screwed up again.

I am curious if those using the Torch 9850 have the same issue of the address field on the device messing up after syncing with Google using BIS Sync. That may be my next device.

TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 12-23-11 at 09:05 PM.
    12-17-11 08:51 PM
    Well I take back what I said above about cleaning up the address. After a few syncs the address field on the device is screwed up again.

I am curious if those using the Torch 9850 have the same issue of the address field on the device messing up after syncing with Google using BIS Sync. That may be my next device.

TIA
    Bump. Anyone having this issue with their 9850?
    12-23-11 09:08 PM
    Bump. Anyone having this issue with their 9850?
    yes I have the same problem with my former BB9850, so i turn to use the apple device fortunately it works well for me so far.
    02-14-12 08:37 PM
    yes I have the same problem with my former BB9850, so i turn to use the apple device fortunately it works well for me so far.
    As did I.
    iPhone 4S

Syncing calendar and contacts with Google and using the iPhone native email to access my gmail. All works great.

Good Luck
    02-14-12 09:09 PM
    It also screws up when you have a "&" - like when I want to have spouses name together in first name. And yes, frequent screw ups for address in Blackberry - I must have deleted 4 different times and keeps coming back.

I will try to slowly do it from PC and see what happens.
    05-19-12 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD