Why is it so difficult for it to get the address fields right? I'm using the new BIS sync and after filling out the address on the Blackberry device, it will process it and then put the data all one one field the next time you go into contacts on your phone. Great huh.

Don't you just wish that the address field for work/home with Blackberry devices were just one big box with six lines or so, and you add the address how you like? Can't we all hold Rim's feet to the fire or something?
    10-06-10 05:56 PM
    Here's what I do:

Turn off contact sync in your GMail account on your BB
    Set Google Sync to Manual
    Ensure all your contacts are up to date on GMail web (and backup just in case)
    Backup your contacts on your BB using Desktop Manager
    Delete all your contacts on your BB
    Launch Google Sync and sync your contacts

From now on, use Google Sync only. This works perfectly for me and all fields on the BB are populated exactly as they should be.
    10-06-10 08:08 PM
    I understand your frustrations. I don't use Google sync for contacts anymore. It was unbearable. I found it to be particularly problematic when I wanted to use GPS to drive to a contact's house and the navigator would tell me that the address was invalid because the entire address was on one line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 09:03 PM
    Here's what I do:

From now on, use Google Sync only. This works perfectly for me and all fields on the BB are populated exactly as they should be.

I did what you said and it works much better. It sometimes puts the city name on address line 2, but that's not really a problem.

I would advise anyone having problems with sync to try this.

Thanks!!!
    10-07-10 06:52 AM
    Same thing here, its the best way to go for syncing google contacts.
    I have a coworker who also has a torch and gmail and I'm trying to get him to see the bennies of google sync

Here's what I do:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD