Okay, I know that BIS is currently down and I know that the WiFi isn't as stellar on the Storm2 as it could be. I've also read up on turning the browser settings to Internet Hotspot when connected to WiFi.

Now, if I turn my VZW network connection, switch to the Hotspot setting, and have a steady internet connection, shouldn't I have some sort of connection? I have followed these steps and I still can't connect to anything.

Am I missing something or is this thing not going to connect no matter what I do? Does anyone have any tips on haw to make my life a little easier?
    12-22-09 08:13 PM
    Okay, I know that BIS is currently down and I know that the WiFi isn't as stellar on the Storm2 as it could be. I've also read up on turning the browser settings to Internet Hotspot when connected to WiFi.

Now, if I turn my VZW network connection, switch to the Hotspot setting, and have a steady internet connection, shouldn't I have some sort of connection? I have followed these steps and I still can't connect to anything.

Am I missing something or is this thing not going to connect no matter what I do? Does anyone have any tips on haw to make my life a little easier?
    No you won't all data for internet and apps and email go through BIS so when its down it wont work regardless of WIFI or 3G connection.
    12-22-09 08:26 PM
    Damn that sucks. I wish I could at least use my WiFi.

The thing that I don't understand is, before I activated my S2 on the network, I was able to set it up on my home network and use most of my apps. I guess that was BIS and not VZW.
    12-22-09 08:34 PM
    No you won't all data for internet and apps and email go through BIS so when its down it wont work regardless of WIFI or 3G connection.
    BS! you can use the browser in hotspot mode and surf using the default broswer!

I just downloaded the new BBM in fact.

stillborn86 - it should work just fine on your home or WIFI elsewhere. Not sure why you cant get yours to run
    12-22-09 08:50 PM
    Actually, I just disconnected from my WiFi and guess what... I now have MAGIC BIS! I don't know if it's just a perfect coincidence or if I actually fixed something but I'm now running just fine without my WiFi.
    12-22-09 09:15 PM
    I am running on wifi and have no bis service, I am posting from phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 09:21 PM
    Can anyone tell me why I can enter a web address and surf the internet, yet, when I use my bookmarks, it won't load the page. But I can manually enter it and go to the page.
    12-22-09 09:23 PM
    I have maybe a dumb question. Being that BIS is down. Is this why my "wifi" logo won't turn white? I've never had a problem with it before. My "wifi logo always turned white. Is this related?

12-22-09 09:28 PM
    the bookmarks are using the "internet browser" and not the "hotspot browser"
    12-22-09 09:32 PM
    I have maybe a dumb question. Being that BIS is down. Is this why my "wifi" logo won't turn white? I've never had a problem with it before. My "wifi logo always turned white. Is this related?

correct, it will be gray until BIS is back up
    12-22-09 09:33 PM
    correct, it will be gray until BIS is back up
    Thanks for your help.

12-22-09 09:34 PM
    Damn, there is a lot to learn. Where in the world are all the message indicators and symbols for this device listed?
    12-22-09 09:36 PM
    in the nice packet you got with your phone....
    12-22-09 09:40 PM
    in the nice packet you got with your phone....
    Hahahahahahahaha, now that's funny. Weird, why would anyone look at the others things that came in the box.
    12-22-09 09:43 PM
    [QUOTE=howarmat;4359383]BS! you can use the browser in hotspot mode and surf using the default broswer!

I just downloaded the new BBM in fact.

Thanks! You rock! I figured I was just SOL and didn't even try until now. And it works so far.
    12-22-09 09:45 PM
    This is really getting annoying...no twitter, no facebook, no bbscanner, no nothin...
    12-22-09 09:50 PM
    Seems to be happening more lately than ever. I can't remember outages early on in the year, just the last couple months or so. Strange.
    12-22-09 09:56 PM
    I am glad I switched to the 9550. I would be hurting without my blackberry. I can at least do some things

12-22-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD