Was having troubles getting connected with my Tour this morning, I just got off the phone with Sprint Tech. Support and they exclaimed that BIS is down in Central WI>....Anyone else here in WI have the issue???
    08-21-09 10:37 AM
    I'm in Nashville on Verizon, and I'm not receiving any emails since last night on the BB.
    08-21-09 11:54 AM
    gggrrrrr....this really pisses me off, I'm about to throw a f*in fit.
    08-21-09 11:59 AM
    I noticed that I was having issues yesterday afternoon not receiving email to my BlackBerry. Then just moments ago I noticed I had an email from "[email protected]" notifying me that an action was required and I needed to update my password.

However, when I go into the Email Settings setup and input the proper password for the email account, it says that if failed with the reason "The application has encountered an error and cannot continue".

The strange thing: I have a Gmail account connected to the same device and it sends and receives email just fine!
    08-21-09 12:04 PM
    Mine will not even send/receive from my gmail account...I am going through BB withdrawal really bad
    08-21-09 12:17 PM
    Oh no. This can't be happening. RIM never has any infrastructure problems. They are perfect in everyway. I can't believe this.
    08-21-09 12:21 PM
    In Chicago on VZW, no problems here.
    08-21-09 12:22 PM
    Oh no. This can't be happening. RIM never has any infrastructure problems. They are perfect in everyway. I can't believe this.
    OH...MY...GOD

That is absolutely HEADLINE breaking news...I am going to shoot an email directly to CNN!

I didn't ask for sarcasm, nor was I "bashing" RIM...I just wanted to know if this is an issue in my area so I can troubleshoot if it isn't.

No need to be a d*ck about it...I'm not saying...I'm just saying!
    Last edited by mfldmike; 08-21-09 at 12:30 PM.
    08-21-09 12:27 PM
    In Chicago on VZW, no problems here.
    That's a little weird, I'm probably about 4hrs north of you on Sprint. I wonder if that makes any difference...or are "RIM'S" servers "universal" with every carrier?
    08-21-09 12:29 PM
    BIS not working with gmail account... funny thing is i have two gmail accounts setup. one is working, the other isnt. This is on Rogers in Canada.
    08-22-09 05:07 PM
    I've heard the BIS was down for a few hours this morning for maintainence. But my BB is working great. I'd suggest updating service books and register now. If anyone needs instructions. PM me.
    08-22-09 05:11 PM
    it's back up it seems...
    08-22-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD