when i leave my wireless network at home BIS disconnects instead of defaulting back to the 3G network to connect to BIS. When i leave my wireless connection i still have full 3G coverage but im just not connected to BIS anymore. The only way to get BIS back is to turn off all connections then turn them on again. I am on the Bell network in toronto and i am running 6.0.0.706. Any solutions? thanks in advance.
    01-11-12 08:07 PM
    I have the same issue, the information I have gathered from this forum and another, as well as speaking to Bell is as follows:

Factory reset - didn't fix the issue

Delete all srvice books and have Bell resend them - didn't fix.

Before the Factory reset I was told to delete all apps and reload them 1 by 1 to see if one of them is causing issue - didn't fix.

Bell is now telling me to send my phone in for repair.

I have noticed several people with the same issue on this forum. I think ditching the 9800 is the solution, maybe Blackberry altogether, as you cannot even get in touch with them when you have an issue.

I wish you better luck than I had, I am still dealing with the issue 3-10 times per day and am absolutely infuriated....
    01-17-12 08:44 AM
    Is this issue something that just started happening? How long have you had the phone before this started happening?

I'm running .706 and go back and forth from wifi at home to mobile network all the time and have no such issues (on AT&T). It could be the carrier is having problems with the hand-off getting you back on BIS over their network.
    01-17-12 09:58 AM
    Myself, I have had my 9800 for 9 months now. Issue appeared 3 months ago.
    01-17-12 10:07 AM
    Myself, I have had my 9800 for 9 months now. Issue appeared 3 months ago.
    I noticed this issue irregularly on my 9300. I think it's the software build of the OS in my own case.

Virgin mobile Canada: OS build 6.6.0.241 (platform 6.0.0.666 2921)

A soft reset always clears it up though.

01-17-12 10:13 AM
    I've been experiencing this problem for at least a month or so now. Also on Bell. I haven't done a factory reset or anything yet, though it seems that won't help either.

It's really annoying to have to turn off my mobile connection and turn it back on to get BIS back. But I don't want to send my phone in for repair, either. If anyone finds a solution, I'd love to hear it!
    01-19-12 03:24 PM
    I went into my local Bell store to send mine in. They charge you $42 to process the return, $45 to rent a loaner phone, $300 deposit for the loaner phone and they only had a 4yr old Nokia Flip phone to loan me .... WTF? Bell can shove it up their A$%.

I will buy a used phone on kijiji before I do that... I am not paying them $69.40/mo for a dumbphone, even if it is only for 2-6 weeks. $35 to switch my service over to the used phone is preferrable.

There is no solution I can find anywhere, not one that worked for me.
    01-21-12 09:25 AM
    Heck, for that trouble I'll just deal with it. I can wait until it's time to replace this phone and hope for an OS update in the meantime that might settle things (even though this is really feeling like a bell issue).
    01-21-12 09:04 PM
    No issue with my 9800 w/.706 on AT&T. I also have a 9000 on TMO and don't have this either.
    01-21-12 10:26 PM
    i am having the same issue started about 4 months ago i have to pull the battery every morning when i leave the house. I am tired of this pile of junk cant wait to get a new phone my first and last blackberry.
    01-23-12 02:24 PM
    Considering the only ones reporting the issue are on Bell Mobility, I'd have to say it's a carrier problem, and not the fault of the phone.
    01-23-12 02:51 PM
    not a problem for me. I'm on att and never a issue. Maybe its not the phone but the carrier or software issue on the phone
    01-24-12 08:32 PM
    Same problem for me, running on Bell as well.
    01-25-12 10:17 AM
    I have the same issue with a 9700 on OS 6 with Bell. I think it is a Bell issue, not the phone. My mobile connection to our BES is dropped when I leave a wifi network. Turning off my Mobile Network connection and turning it back on always works but it is a pain to always have to remember to do that.

Everything worked fine on my home wifi, but the problem started when I set up a work wifi connection. Suddently neither of them would switch over. I have checked that the wifi option to allow inter-access point handover is selected, but that doesn't seem to help.
    01-25-12 11:31 AM
    Upgraded to 9810, still on bell, no issue.
    01-26-12 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD