I'm using my first BB, and was wondering what would happen, if I were to have two different sim cards of two different operators, both with BIS active. (It's because I use to move and don't really like roaming costs)

Will I have to setup BIS on the second operator only once, or will I have to repeat the setup each time I swap the sim cards?

And with BES, would I have to reregister each time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 11:53 AM
    So to get this straight, you have one blackbbery and two sim cards? And you would like to swap sim cards between the one blackberry
    09-08-10 12:03 PM
    your BIS will have to be set up each and every time to switch SIM cards to register the PIN number via your carrier. Once it activated on Carrier A, Carrier B will drop it, and once Carrier B activates it Carrier A will drop it..

The only way to get to BIS accounts to work for one person seamlessly is to have 2 blackberries.. .. ..

if you want two numbers tied to one phone try Google Voice if it around in your country.

and BES is separate from BIS, you need to make sure which one you have.

09-08-10 12:18 PM
    Thanks!

To get this straight, I have one BB, and two sim cards. On one I have a BIS plan, on the other not yet, but the intention was to activate it (if I don't have to buy another BB).

I knew that when inserting carrier A's sim, the pin would get dropped by carrier B.

What i would like to know is, when I insert again the carrier B's sim, will the phone automatically start to receive mails as per previous carrier B BIS settings? Or will I have to re-set all the mail accounts?

What I would like to do is have two sim cards, with identical BIS settings, so when going from one country to the other, I would just swap the sim cards and continue to get emails with no roaming costs

09-08-10 04:10 PM
    Some things to get straight.

Your BIS is tied to the PIN.

The PIN is tied to the BlackBerry device

You can't have your PIN active on more than one BIS at a time.
    09-08-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD