Hi all,

I am not new to BES although I am to BIS!

I have an 8100 and I can already see that via BIS it will not get my contact/calendar.

My question is in relation to newer models/firmware, do device such as the 9000 with latest firmware sync the contacts/calendar? Or do they simply push your email?

Please let me know, thanks in advance!

P.S: If BIS doesn't work I am going to have to bite the bullet and set BES on a 2k3 Hyperv machine, which I really don't want to!
    05-06-09 02:24 AM
    My question is in relation to newer models/firmware, do device such as the 9000 with latest firmware sync the contacts/calendar? Or do they simply push your email?
    BIS only pushes your email, no matter what model or firmware you have.

You can use a 3rd party app like google-sync to sync your gmail calendar & contacts, there are other apps available for OTA sync if you're not using gmail.

Of course you can always simply plug-in and sync with Outlook via USB data cable.
    05-06-09 05:50 AM
    Thx shanek83, the more I looked into BIS and underastood it the more I can see that it wont be doing it anytime soon and it wont be a firmware update, RIM will need to completely revamp BIS.

I guess I will have to run up a Hyper V machine with server 2k3 and install BES again, fun fun!
    05-06-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD