Hey!
    I think email experience on BB10 isn't different than any smartphone on the market. I'm missing the real push email on BlackBerry. BlackBerry should integrate BIS into BB10, in that way they can also increase the service revenue which is declining.
    Last edited by hillsider; 07-11-13 at 06:37 AM.
    07-10-13 01:22 PM
    Hey!
    I think email experience on BB10 isn't different than any smartphone on the market. I'm missing the real push email on BlackBerry. BlackBerry should integrate BIS into BB10, in that way they can also increase the service revenue which is declining.
    i agree with you.. this probably wasn't thought out properly.. the should keep bes for large corporations.. bis for small to medium businesses, and individual users that want to pay extra money. i understand it's a new platform.. but did they really need to get rid of it.
    07-10-13 01:33 PM
    The problem is BIS is a dog for network speed compared to these modern LTE phones. Sure it was better for email, if you are using a pop or imap server, it had limitiations though, those of us using EAS are happier now.. the real issue however is multimedia and internet browsing.. no one can argue they'd rather go back to a slow BIS connection for those..
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-10-13 01:37 PM
    The problem is BIS is a dog for network speed compared to these modern LTE phones. Sure it was better for email, if you are using a pop or imap server, it had limitiations though, those of us using EAS are happier now.. the real issue however is multimedia and internet browsing.. no one can argue they'd rather go back to a slow BIS connection for those..
    Many of use did.
    07-10-13 01:53 PM
    They shouldn't require users to use BIS to get all the features of BB10 like the legacy BlackBerry devcies. People who aren't using BIS will be still able to use the apps they want, people who want real push mail and data compression will use BIS. Furthermore, here in my country BIS is cheaper than the normal internet plan. I think we can write a mail to BlackBerry executives.
    07-10-13 02:50 PM