now that BIS 3.2 is out everyone wants to abandon the google sync app(and rightfully so since the general consensus is that its mediocre at best).

I had been hoping integration with BIS would finally bring a push syncing of my Gmail calendars to my blackberry without the app or using desktop manager but I'm disappointed to see that at present it only syncs your main gmail calendar. Anyone have any idea how to get your other calendars using the BIS version of the sync. Obviously in the app you'd select the other calendars you want but I see no option for that using the BIS syncing.

I don't want to revert to iCal and DM syncing but until I see a workaround I don't know!

Thanks much
    10-16-10 05:35 PM
    I have the same issue. I want to sync both mine and my wife's calendar to my BB. I was doing this using the Google Sync app but found I was constantly having problems with it. I've added my wife's google email account to my BB for now and that seems to work but only because she doesn't actually use it for email so I don't have to worry about getting all her emails. Come to think of it...will this screw up having her gmail account on her blackberry? That is having a gmail account setup on 2 different blackberrys??
    10-16-10 08:21 PM
    I agree. I have my friend's calendar and was perfectly synced on the application, but ever since I removed it, his calendar doesn't sync with mine!
    10-16-10 09:58 PM
    I have the exact same issue - I have 5 different calendars for different types of events and for U.S. holidays. I'm really disappointed that not only did BIS 3.2 not one-up Google Sync and actually place each different calendar into a different-colored calendar on the phone, but it entirely lacks syncing capability for multiple calendars.

I'd love for that to appear in BIS 3.3 (hopefully coming soon, although I suppose that's unlikely), or for a workaround to be found.
    10-16-10 11:49 PM
    I have 2 different Google calendars sync'd with my device.

1 - my main calendar with my main gmail account

2 - my shared calendar with my wife on a secondary gmail account that we use for joint emails etc.

I think my difference is I have 2 gmail accounts set up on the device and sync one calendar with each account.
    10-17-10 10:58 AM
    I ended up turning off the 2-way sync with the BIS method. In fact, I only have to use Google Sync to sync my Wife's and my own calendar, with no need to create a different account for sharing.

To sync to calendars, first you share your calendar with the person you want, and then you have them share their calendar to you. After that, you should see their calendar entries and your own, and vice versa. From here, you must use Google Sync. Within the Google Sync application, go to Options and scroll all the way down to "Sync These Calendars." Click it, and you can check which calendars you want to sync. Be aware since the BB thinks that it is actually one calendar, events will always show up under one account; meaning if the other person creates and syncs a entry, it will show up on your BB as if you created the event and therefore not able to tell each entry apart from yours or the others. I suggest using a prefix designator when creating entries to avoid this.
    10-25-10 12:13 PM
    I have the exact same issue - I have 5 different calendars for different types of events and for U.S. holidays. I'm really disappointed that not only did BIS 3.2 not one-up Google Sync and actually place each different calendar into a different-colored calendar on the phone, but it entirely lacks syncing capability for multiple calendars.

I'd love for that to appear in BIS 3.3 (hopefully coming soon, although I suppose that's unlikely), or for a workaround to be found.
    Other option is to manually copy the events to your calender. This is only a work around . Hope thay will bring the option to sync our subscribed calenders.
    10-25-10 12:21 PM
    Other option is to manually copy the events to your calender. This is only a work around . Hope thay will bring the option to sync our subscribed calenders.
    I cringe even thinking about doing that every time I want to sync my calendars

Hope support for this functionality to at least match Google Sync is released soon (hopefully with different colors... one can wish).
    10-27-10 03:16 AM
    Hey peeps, anyone notice any changes? ever since I upgraded to OS6 and my calendar was a flood with all the multiple entries Google created.

Do they support multiple sync or not yet?
    11-03-10 12:00 PM
    I'm still unable to see multiple calendars even with Google Sync. It says 'updating calendar list' each time I sync, but my only option is "default calendar." When I click on "default calendar" it takes me to a secondary list, but "default calendar" is the only option there too. Sigh -- has anyone gotten this to work on newer BBs? I have a curve 9330 3G.

Thanks!
    11-17-10 08:03 AM
    I have 2 calendars sync'd on my phone. I just created a new gmail account and set it up on both mine and my wifes phone. Now we can add events and it syncs on both devices.
    11-17-10 11:05 AM
    Another option to use BIS to sync shared calendars is to set up all of the shared google calendar email accounts in BIS, then check for all of them to sync calendar. If you don't want emails from these shared accounts showing up on your BB, set a rule in BIS to not send emails from those accounts to your device.
    11-17-10 11:48 AM
    Another option to use BIS to sync shared calendars is to set up all of the shared google calendar email accounts in BIS, then check for all of them to sync calendar. If you don't want emails from these shared accounts showing up on your BB, set a rule in BIS to not send emails from those accounts to your device.
    This is the best work-around I've found. I set up my wife's GMail account on my phone, then set it up so I wouldn't receive e-mails from her account. So now I can sync the calendar without getting the e-mail. It sucks that I have to do it like that, but it works just fine for now.
    11-17-10 01:45 PM
    This is the best work-around I've found. I set up my wife's GMail account on my phone, then set it up so I wouldn't receive e-mails from her account. So now I can sync the calendar without getting the e-mail. It sucks that I have to do it like that, but it works just fine for now.
    Glad it helped. I use SBSH Calendar Pro and wanted to use the different colors that are available in that app if you use more than one calendar database. Had to play around for a while to figure out how to make it work without my wife's email showing up on my BB.
    11-18-10 11:48 AM
    I was fed up with Google Calendar and the multiple entries (sometimes up to 10 of the same recurring event), so today I made the switch to "Nice Office LITE." It's a free app and so far, so good. I was able to sync my contacts and calendar. Better yet, there is a "task" function that syncs w/ my BB Bold 9650 (VZW)! Google was never able to do that for me. Syncing with my laptop or desktop is quick tool. I just thought I'd suggest it if you were as frustrated as me with Google Calendar/Contacts/Sync.
    11-27-10 03:37 PM
    I am so thankful to find this thread! I just noticed the contacts and calendar items in BIS (3.2, I guess) and thought it had something to do with Google's Enhanced Gmail Plugin, since they only showed up for my Gmail account and not for others. Now I know there is a difference between "BIS sync" and the enhanced Gmail plugin, and that I cannot use BIS sync to take care of the multiple calendars I use in Gmail.

I just finished experimenting with BIS sync and though it seemed to work okay on the contacts, my calendar items are screwed up in part because it no longer knows what to do with the multiple calendar entries. I'm afraid once I go back to Google Sync that I'll have a ton of duplicate entries to clean up now.

I do not want to manually add all items from my other calendars to my default calendar, that's for certain. Great info in this thread! Wish I'd found it BEFORE I experimented with the BIS sync for calendar though.
    12-24-10 01:40 AM
    I too looked endlessly for a solution as to why my google sync was not working anymore with my shared calendar, it happened after an OS update.

I found a tiny post somewhere in the interweb abyss and it worked!!
    So I'm paying it forward and posting it here to pass it along.

I found the fix hidden in the options of Google Sync.

First open up the Google Sync App.
    Press the Blackberry menu key and select Options.
    Scroll down to the last section in the Options screen which is called 'Sync these Calendars:'.
    This will highlight your calendar(s). [You will notice that your missing calendar is not listed here but needs to be.] Now press the Trackpad on that calendar listed to select it.
    You should now see the 'Select Calendars' window.
    Here you will see that your missing calendar is not checked. Go ahead and check the box, press the Escape key twice and select Save.

You will then be prompted to sync now. Select 'Yes' and your missing Google calendar is now back on your BlackBerry!!!
    11-22-11 10:55 PM
    I used to use the Google BB sync on the BB for calendar and contact sync. Recently found a better way. I have multiple Outlook email accounts and set up a Google account corresponding to each. Then use Google calendar sync on each computer to sync that Outlook calendar to the respective Google account. Then set up each Google account onto BB using the normal email setup that now has a sync option for contacts and calendar. When you select the sync on the calendar in both Google email accounts, the appointments show on the BB calendar with different colors for each source calendar. I also keep all contacts on one Google account and use the BB email account to sync with BB contacts. So far works great with no duplicates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD