View Poll Results: Should RIM include an ability to disable 1st or 3rd party app VPLs (Service Books)?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 90.48%
  • No

2 9.52%
    Who here thinks that along with the 3.0 BIS Updates and the BIS Admin tools update being applied and distributed to carriers that our ability to "Opt Out" of Carrier/RIM pushed VPLs for Apps should be included? (This pertains to all those pushed app icons you don't ever want, but seem to get no matter what and then can't delete because the Service Books (VPLs) just get pushed back down on the next network registration of the handheld.)
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 02-07-10 at 10:57 AM.
    02-06-10 08:53 PM
    I do I think they're annoying and I dont use any of them and I will say that at&t has more of them then verizon had
    Last edited by noaim; 02-06-10 at 09:17 PM.
    02-06-10 09:10 PM
    Abso friggin lutely
    02-06-10 09:17 PM
    it would be wonderful.
    02-07-10 02:11 AM
    I doubt it will happen.... The whole reason they are there in the first place is by agreement with RIM to enable them in the first place. The carriers would have a COW if RIM enabled us to block them. They've gotten out of control. I just picked up a Bold 9700 on T-Mo yesterday and there were probably about 15 of them..... (Menu-Hide, Menu-Hide, Menu-Hide......)
    02-07-10 03:57 AM
    I doubt it will happen.... The whole reason they are there in the first place is by agreement with RIM to enable them in the first place. The carriers would have a COW if RIM enabled us to block them. They've gotten out of control. I just picked up a Bold 9700 on T-Mo yesterday and there were probably about 15 of them..... (Menu-Hide, Menu-Hide, Menu-Hide......)
    And therein lies the problem. RIM constantly cowering to carrier requests. Probably the #2 reason why the suck so much... #1 still being truncated email.

I think more people should speak out about Carrier VPLs... after all, that's about the only thing that carriers and manufacturers listen to. Remember when VZW tried to get rid of the "delivery" confirmation for SMSs a year or so ago?... everybody raised he11 and they decided not to get rid of it. I wish more people realized there really is "power in numbers".
    02-07-10 11:01 AM
    And therein lies the problem. RIM constantly cowering to carrier requests. Probably the #2 reason why the suck so much... #1 still being truncated email.

I think more people should speak out about Carrier VPLs... after all, that's about the only thing that carriers and manufacturers listen to. Remember when VZW tried to get rid of the "delivery" confirmation for SMSs a year or so ago?... everybody raised he11 and they decided not to get rid of it. I wish more people realized there really is "power in numbers".
    Who would we contact to let them know? I'm in if you can provide some contact information.

I really hate the Carrier VPLs more than the truncated emails. The only truncated emails I get are when somebody sends me MP3s. Other attachments are fine. I absolutely despise the Carrier VPLs. AT&T is the worst for that.
    02-07-10 02:32 PM
    Who would we contact to let them know? I'm in if you can provide some contact information.

I really hate the Carrier VPLs more than the truncated emails. The only truncated emails I get are when somebody sends me MP3s. Other attachments are fine. I absolutely despise the Carrier VPLs. AT&T is the worst for that.
    Complain to [email protected]. Call your carrier and complain/ask to have the VPLs taken off your BIS profile (T-Mobile can do it, why can't AT&T or VZW?) Along with that, there's also planetfeedback as well.
    02-07-10 06:28 PM
    I'm shocked that anyone has even voted No to this question.
    02-07-10 06:49 PM
    Complain to [email protected]. Call your carrier and complain/ask to have the VPLs taken off your BIS profile (T-Mobile can do it, why can't AT&T or VZW?) Along with that, there's also planetfeedback as well.
    Thanks! I will contact my carrier and planetfeedback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD