Can anyone confirm if the update to BIS 3.0 actually happened last night? I'm on Telus and am noticing no change. I resent my service books just in case and nothing.....
    03-28-10 09:59 AM
    I am so damn confused. How can I tell what version of BIS I am using? Also, how can I tell the version # of the enhanced gmail plugin I am using? I've been on my Curve for an hour, clicking through EVERYTHING, tryng to find these things.

I am such a newb.....

Please help. Thanks.
    03-28-10 10:02 AM
    What change were you expecting to see?

I didn't get emails for about 4 hours during a period where I normally receive automatic emails so I'm assuming it happened.
    03-28-10 10:03 AM
    The ability to create and delete Gmail labels was supposed to be added
    03-28-10 10:05 AM
    The update is set for early tomorrow morning.
    03-28-10 10:32 AM
    No, it was early THIS Morning and it happened.

Resend your service books. Youi'll notice one of the changes when you go into Messages...go to Options>email settings. You'll see send delivery receipts which is one of the 3.0 updates.
    03-28-10 10:35 AM
    I don't thin k I've felt so cluless in all of my life. I've gone into options, settings, setup, applications (Core, AddOn and 3rd Party). I can't find the version of my enhanced gmail plugin. And I can't find what BIS I'm running on. I never "log in" to anything. My gmail account is setup and I can send, receive, sync contacts and deleted. What the heck am I doing wrong? Is it something that just isn't easily viewable?
    03-28-10 10:36 AM

Resend your service books. Youi'll notice one of the changes when you go into Messages...go to Options>email settings. You'll see send delivery receipts which is one of the 3.0 updates.
    Man did I screw that up, I still thought today was the 27th, thanks.
    03-28-10 10:40 AM
    So what about that Gmail synching thing we were supposed to get with BIS 3.0? Did they send it, or was it stripped out? I've read both and don't know which to believe.
    03-28-10 10:44 AM

i dont have these options on my gmail accounts
    03-28-10 10:46 AM
    Had BIS 3.0 for about a week now in the UK, for the way I use my phone I can literally see no difference.
    03-28-10 10:50 AM
    So what about that Gmail synching thing we were supposed to get with BIS 3.0? Did they send it, or was it stripped out? I've read both and don't know which to believe.
    As per RIM... "Coming soon: Enhancements to Google Mail integrations

* Google Mail Account to BlackBerry smartphone synchronization of read, unread and sent email message status for new Google Mail integrations
    o Note: this feature will be added throughout the Spring 2010 by region"
    03-28-10 10:51 AM
    The ability to create and delete Gmail labels was supposed to be added
    Only with a new version of the Enhanced Gmail Plugin. As of this morning the available version is still 1.0.0.59, the same as the version I already had (I added it about two weeks ago). This morning I confirmed that the ability to create and delete Gmail labels now exists. You have to click on "Labels," then press the Blackberry menu key to access new options of "New" and "Delete," along with "Update Label List."

I also tested open document text and spreadsheet (openoffice.org *.odt and *.ods) file attachments. BIS can now display those documents.

So, while the BIS page looks the same, the new capabilities are there except the two-way sync which is to be rolled in over the next few weeks. And some users who are in the far East, where the two-way sync has been implemented, say the sync works, but syncing from the gmail server to the BlackBerry is slow, taking hours. So it may still be a work in progress.

BIS 3.0 is implemented.
    03-28-10 11:03 AM

This... (the update happened)
    03-28-10 11:13 AM
    Silly me. I guess I was expecting to see "Add Label" or "Create Label" option. It's there in the GMAIL folder Labels>BB Button>New/Delete
    03-28-10 11:15 AM
    didnt see any changes from 3.0 until i deleted my gmail integrated account and added it again. it then download a new enhanced gmail plugin.

Sprint 8530 v5.0.0.509
    Last edited by shooterfpga; 03-28-10 at 12:33 PM.
    03-28-10 12:18 PM
    I do not have the new/delete on my Gmail folder using TMO in Puerto Rico.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 12:40 PM
    Only with a new version of the Enhanced Gmail Plugin. As of this morning the available version is still 1.0.0.59, the same as the version I already had (I added it about two weeks ago). This morning I confirmed that the ability to create and delete Gmail labels now exists. You have to click on "Labels," then press the Blackberry menu key to access new options of "New" and "Delete," along with "Update Label List."

I also tested open document text and spreadsheet (openoffice.org *.odt and *.ods) file attachments. BIS can now display those documents.

So, while the BIS page looks the same, the new capabilities are there except the two-way sync which is to be rolled in over the next few weeks. And some users who are in the far East, where the two-way sync has been implemented, say the sync works, but syncing from the gmail server to the BlackBerry is slow, taking hours. So it may still be a work in progress.

BIS 3.0 is implemented.
    I just downloaded version 2.0.0.25 from BlackBerry.com.

I've never used the plug in until now, so I don't know whats different.
    03-28-10 01:35 PM
    I just downloaded version 2.0.0.25 from BlackBerry.com.

I've never used the plug in until now, so I don't know whats different.
    When I try to get it from my phone it's still 1.0.0.59

Are those of us not running 5.0 SOL on that front, I wonder?
    03-28-10 01:52 PM
    When I try to get it from my phone it's still 1.0.0.59

Are those of us not running 5.0 SOL on that front, I wonder?
    That may be the case. I'm on the 8330 with 5.0.0.509 Hybrid. One thing though, I haven't noticed the whole "label" thing in my Gmail folder. It looks the exact same as before.
    Last edited by MACKSnare519; 03-28-10 at 02:11 PM.
    03-28-10 02:06 PM
    I don't think I should be happy about BIS 3.0, I don't have a GMail account so I don't see what major benefits it has to me~
    03-28-10 02:14 PM
    Did anybody else have their Calendar duplicate all their appointments with "Groups" calendar entries? I am running Google sync as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-28-10 02:39 PM
    I have labels and filter but my options are exactly the same. It's identical to what it was before.
    03-28-10 02:53 PM
    Did anybody else have their Calendar duplicate all their appointments with "Groups" calendar entries? I am running Google sync as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    yes yes but then again i always have
    03-28-10 05:28 PM
    I have labels and filter but my options are exactly the same. It's identical to what it was before.
    in the labels menu, hit the bb button. there is now a "new" option. not much, i know
    03-28-10 05:28 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD