For some reason my storm has an alarm go off everyday one of my contacts has a birthday that day. My questions is how on earth do i turn that off? it drives me nuts..
    03-03-09 08:06 PM
    hello saranita- you need to go into your address book and take out the birthdates you entered in to stop that feature in the calendar. take care-good luck!
    03-03-09 08:09 PM
    You don't have to remove the birthdays to stop calendar alerts. There are two different things that you can do . The first and longest procedure is to go to each birthday and set the reminder field to none. Using this method, the birthday alerts won't go off but every other alert you set will go off. The second and easier procedure is to go into the calendar reminders in the sound profile and set it to silent. Using this method, every alert will go off but you won't hear any of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 08:19 PM
    there is no option under each birthday to turn the alerts off.. and i need my other alerts to still go.. :S
    03-03-09 09:38 PM
    there is no option under each birthday to turn the alerts off.. and i need my other alerts to still go.. :S
    You have to go to the birthday in the calendar. Open up your calendar and click on one of the birthdays. This will bring up the appointment details screen. Look for Reminder, set it to none and save. Now just repeat for the other contacts. I find this process to be easier if you synchronize with Microsoft Outlook. Then you can just do it on your computer.

03-03-09 10:16 PM
    I suspect the problem is your settings for new calendar entries. Do you have it set up to have an alert automatically? If so, turn that off so new birthdays won't have alerts associated with them without you putting them in.
    03-04-09 11:16 AM
    Under the calendar options, I set "default reminders" to NONE
    This way I have to activate reminders with each new entry
    But it prevents entries like anniversaries and birthdays from going off

Alternativelt, go to the birthday entry, go to options and set reminders as none

03-04-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD