If in search in the browser bing results come up I select one and it just goes to bing homepage. Huh?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 12:59 PM
    I am on Verizon, who has done us the "favor" of ramming that crap commercial-loaded search engine into our O/S, and we can't get rid of it.

Whenever I start a search in Google - which I do frequently - and then want to further refine a search, that POS bing jumps into the process. No matter what you do, you CANNOT get rid of it easily. You need to re-select Google - or whatever your favorite flavor search tool - each time through the process.

Thanks a lot, Verizon - in your greed to get $$ from microsoft - who specializes in crap software lately (see "Windows 8), you have saddled us with a true albatross, and eliminated one of the best features of the O/S - allowing us to set our own preferences for search, among other things!
    Last edited by ThePhlash; 10-03-13 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Spelling
    10-03-13 01:40 PM
    I am on Verizon, who has done us the "favor" of ramming that crap commercial-loaded search engine into our O/S, and we can't get rid of it.

Whenever I start a search in Google - which I do frequently - and then want to further refine a search, that POS bing jumps into the process. No matter what you do, you CANNOT get rid of it easily. You need to re-select Google - or whatever your favorite flavor search tool - each time through the process.

Thanks a lot, Verizon - in your greed to get $$ from microsoft - who specializes in crap software lately (see "Windows 8), you have saddled us with a true albatross, and eliminated one of the best features of the O/S - allowing us to set our own preferences for search, among other things!
    Ah I think I was not clear. I know that the default search is always bing but the weird issue is that when search results appear. Say a Wikipedia article and some other stuff, when I click/touch the link I want it brings me to the bing.com splash page instead of the wiki article.
    10-03-13 02:07 PM
    Anyone who has encountered this issue find a fix, as my Z10 is currently exhibiting the issue?

I've tried:

1. Deleting search, history and cookie cache.
    2. Reinstalling Bing api.
    3. Switching from desktop to mobile view, and back.
    4. Reboot with rip & side buttons; battery pull.

Last night, it (native Bing browser search) started working again, then it stopped working again this morning.

Hopefully, any insight? Thanks in advance.
    03-15-14 04:45 PM
    Anyone who has encountered this issue find a fix, as my Z10 is currently exhibiting the issue?

I've tried:

1. Deleting search, history and cookie cache.
    2. Reinstalling Bing api.
    3. Switching from desktop to mobile view, and back.
    4. Reboot with rip & side buttons; battery pull.

Last night, it (native Bing browser search) started working again, then it stopped working again this morning.

Hopefully, any insight? Thanks in advance.
    Same thing here. Only thing I haven't tried is a security wipe. Not sure what's going on but it's annoying as isht.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 07:45 PM
    Just change your default search engine to Google or Yahoo or whatever other you prefer to use.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:00 PM
    I can see where you can set the home page, but how do you change the search engine?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:04 PM
    Start typing in the search bar. On the top right, you'll see a box with the Bing icon. Tap that and choose another. It will save it as the default engine.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 255383
    Engire likes this.
    03-15-14 08:07 PM
    Who uses Bing

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:13 PM
    Start typing in the search bar. On the top right, you'll see a box with the Bing icon. Tap that and choose another. It will save it as the default engine.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 255383
    It worked, thanks CJ. The default was Verizon search, so I changed it to Google and now it works like it should.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-15-14 08:14 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Yup; I had already changed the search engine, but I have slight OCD, so Bing still bothers me even though I don't even use it!

So if anyone has an actual solution, I'd still like to hear it. Probably, be good for the BlackBerry troubleshooting data books too.

Thanks.
    03-15-14 09:21 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Yup; I had already changed the search engine, but I have slight OCD, so Bing still bothers me even though I don't even use it!

So if anyone has an actual solution, I'd still like to hear it. Probably, be good for the BlackBerry troubleshooting data books too.

Thanks.
    I think it's an issue with Bing not the carrier I have had the problem on Z10 and Z30, it's annoying I know but I see you got the browser of choice sorted out, let's hope they fix it. You can also just bookmark you browser so that you don't have to be bugged all the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 11:02 PM
    So I did a security wipe on my Z10 and when I was done the browser worked perfectly. This lasted a couple of days till I installed Snap and some android apps last night. Just went to search something and the links took me to the Bing home page once again. For what it's worth here are the apps I installed.

Snap
    Speedtest
    Pandora
    Toyota Entune

All my other apps came from BlackBerry World and were installed on the phone right after the security wipe. I did not use a backup to restore.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:15 PM