So I know Verizon pushes Bing to their BB's, but how can I get Bing if I am on Sprint? Is bing exclusive to VZW? I tried to search but all I can find is people whining about how VZW pushes bing to them. Thanks.
    08-21-10 08:00 PM
    In your browser go to m.bing.com
    08-21-10 08:05 PM
    No ****. I meant so it shows up with google and wikipedia and the rest of those when I go to the "go to" option in the menu.
    08-21-10 08:21 PM
    You answered it in your OP. Bing is exclusive to Verizon.
    08-21-10 08:23 PM
    Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks.
    08-21-10 08:35 PM
    No ****. I meant so it shows up with google and wikipedia and the rest of those when I go to the "go to" option in the menu.
    Great response...........

I have the Bing app on my phone and use it to launch my browser. If you can learn to ask a question properly you can get more help.........
    08-21-10 10:46 PM
    Seriously? I know how to search before I post a thread on a forum. I went to the link you posted before I started this thread and there's no download link.
    08-22-10 01:39 AM
    Seriously? I know how to search before I post a thread on a forum. I went to the link you posted before I started this thread and there's no download link.
    Seriously I do not think you do. That link takes you here where you can choose your phone and download the app......

Then you go here:

Last edited by andyahs; 08-22-10 at 09:00 AM.
    08-22-10 08:58 AM
    Chill out dude. You are in a different country so it probably shows up different for you. I just get this page:
    08-22-10 02:47 PM
    You guys ALL need to chill out.

You all are talking about different things.

The OP wants Bing (for whatever reason) to show up in the BlackBerry Browser search options. He's on Sprint. So, it's not going to happen.

The Bing download (m.bing.com/download) (which to the OP you must download and INSTALL and RUN and not just visit the Bing home page) puts the Bing app on the device. It doesn't install it as a search option in the BlackBerry Browser. But it's a suitable work around perhaps.
    08-22-10 03:32 PM
    When I go to m.bing.com/download, I just get the message, "We were unable to detect your phone type or we do not offer support in your region. To try Bing anyway, click here" And that just redirects me to m.bing.com. So it must only be available on Verizon in the US.
    08-22-10 05:00 PM
    I don't think so. The Bing app is compatible with the Bold 90xx and 97xx line which aren't on Verizon.

In your BlackBerry browser is the browser emulation/identification set to BlackBerry?

Edited to add: I just looked at your screenshot again. You need to visit the site on your BlackBerry not on your COMPUTER.
    08-22-10 05:25 PM
    You dont need an ap just to get Bing - just save it as bookmark - then it's only one more click away than google - no biggy

Dont even know why people bother with Facebook app - I get emailed any notices and they're pushed to my BB - sorted
    08-22-10 05:45 PM
    Yes, browser identification is set to Blackberry.

I just used my computer to post the screen shot because the site appears the exact same on my bb as it does in the screen shot. Thanks.
    08-22-10 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD