We have heard so much about people wanting a slider....

I'm curious why don't people just want a larger phone with a physical keyboard on it. No slider needed.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 11:10 PM
    Galaxy note 2. No slider, OR keyboard required.
    08-01-13 11:27 PM
    Excellent idea !

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 11:28 PM
    It'll look weird I assume. Big screen with a keyboard don't look right, unless they draw out a great form factor.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 12:36 AM
    This form factor would make much more sense to me.

Posted via my Q10
    08-02-13 01:01 AM
    I feel like it would make more sense, especially with the market ok with larger phones. In addition you would get a better feel of the keyboard when compared to the slider.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 09:04 AM
    I feel like it would make more sense, especially with the market ok with larger phones. In addition you would get a better feel of the keyboard when compared to the slider.
    I kind of disagree on the "better feel" thing. A bigger portrait phone with a static physical keyboard would by design be top heavy and a bit cumbersome. A portrait slider is the best of all options as I see it. You get the benefit of a physical keyboard when you want it AND a large screen.

A landscape slider I don't think will have much appeal as it would be inherently difficult to operate one-handed (I will never for the life of me understand why people make so big a deal about that, but there it is.)

The one thing I would personally like to see IF there is a slider of any type a trackpad.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    08-02-13 09:18 AM
    Galaxy note 2. No slider, OR keyboard required.
    Ya you just need to Andre The Giant to use it. The average person with both hands on the phone still cant reach half way across the damn thing.
    08-02-13 09:21 AM
    Doesn't have to be huge, and keyboard letter keys could be strategically set. Think of maybe the 'A10' with a physical keyboard.

I have average hands and on my z10 my thumb can reach across all the way to other side and more.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 12:33 PM
    I kind of disagree on the "better feel" thing. A bigger portrait phone with a static physical keyboard would by design be top heavy and a bit cumbersome. A portrait slider is the best of all options as I see it. You get the benefit of a physical keyboard when you want it AND a large screen.

A landscape slider I don't think will have much appeal as it would be inherently difficult to operate one-handed (I will never for the life of me understand why people make so big a deal about that, but there it is.)

The one thing I would personally like to see IF there is a slider of any type a trackpad.
    I think the track pad is dead... I say good riddens.

Posted via my Q10
    08-02-13 12:39 PM
    Ya you just need to Andre The Giant to use it. The average person with both hands on the phone still cant reach half way across the damn thing.
    Yet 5 million were sold during the first two months of its release alone. I guess all of those people were giants.
    08-02-13 01:12 PM
    I 'd like to see a bb10 slider like sidekick
    08-02-13 01:21 PM
    You may say good riddance - but you just can't spell it.
    08-02-13 01:37 PM
    The Q10 could have had a taller screen. A 4:3 aspect ratio, where you would only ever turn it sideways during full screen videos.

But also an A10 sized phone with a physical keyboard would be cool. Sliders have many drawbacks, but they have the potential for the greatest screen size with a kb

Posted via CB10
    Nine54 likes this.
    08-02-13 01:47 PM
    I think the track pad is dead... I say good riddens.
    Fortunately you do not get to speak for the rest of the world...and the word is spelled RIDDANCE
    08-02-13 05:44 PM
    This could work but BlackBerry would have to nail the design. Any device with physical KB underneath a screen would have to have a square screen like the q10. This is so that there is no need for landscape mode on the device. (imagine playing a landscape game or using a landscape app with your q10. ) So a big square screen (4inch +) with a physical KB underneath might not look to pleasing to the eye. That is of course unless BlackBerry pulls out some amazing design.

The most obvious from factor is still the portrait slider to get the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 06:46 PM
    That's what I was wondering too. I was disappointed that the Q10 was small in this day and age of screen size being everything. a larger size with a keyboard would be ideal.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 02:19 AM
    I 'd like to see a bb10 slider like sidekick
    Please no! My first cell was the Samsung Moment and I enjoyed it about that long. The Q is perfect if, you need the physical keyboard.
    08-03-13 02:23 AM
    I don' t feel as though a slider would sell past the few BB faithful. I agree with the original poster. What about that TK victory concept? That was a great looking concept. The screen was bigger than the Q10 and it was still on the small end. You could likely get close to a 4 inch screen and still have a great keyboard.

This is the qwerty phone BB should have released for BB10.
    Blackberry TK Victory concept looks pretty awesome | Ubergizmo
    08-03-13 02:43 AM
    My husband has a Torch and he would love a BB10 slider. The reason is that he loves a keyboard but wants it to be hidden so he's not interested in the Q10. He is impressed with the performance of BB10 but is still holding out.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 07:16 AM
    I am totally interested in a bb10 slider. I live in Canada and the torch sold very well here. I think that a BlackBerry 10 slider could be better than a large screen phone with a keyboard. It would be more visually appealing because you could hide the keyboard and have a sleek device and it doesn't compromise screen landscape.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 07:57 AM