The Note is like putting a paperback to your face lol. My limit is the SGS3. The curvy shape helps it feel smaller than its actual size which is nice.

My test is one handed typing. I can't on the Note, I can on the SGS. I can't even one hand dial on the Note.
    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    I'm holding my new Samsung Galaxy III right now and I LOVE the screen size! I read a lot online about "how big" the SG3 is...before I actually went and played with it myself. I am not finding it big at all. It fits really nicely in my hand - and I can type one handed if I want. Perhaps it is the design that makes it feel smaller... but it's just beautiful. The Note I felt was a little too big for my taste.
    07-06-12 04:05 PM
    I have - I threw my sim into the store demo for about a week while I was at work. It's WAY too big for my girl hands.

If I can't dial with one hand, it's too big FOR ME. I can absolutely see the appeal for others though, particularly for CAD or photo editing.
    That's exactly the point. Atleast you did try it before calling it out. Some like bigger screens, others dont. I just find it funny all the people who have never tried a larger screen and put it down saying it's too big, or unnecessary, etc...

Try before you buy/judge. That also goes both ways too.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-06-12 04:10 PM
    And an update...

Samsung Galaxy Mega - 6.3� in the palm of your hand
    Andrew Stevenson
    48 minutes ago 16 Comments

submit to reddit

Don�t ever let anyone tell you that size doesn�t matter! Samsung clearly thinks so, and is introducing a two new handsets to topple their current 5.5 inch behemoth, the Galaxy Note II, by nearly an inch. Say hello to the next phone + tablet to the market � the Galaxy Mega, all 6.3 inches of it!

Galaxy Mega 6.3

On paper, you�re getting, what can almost be described as a generic, run of the mill, Android handset:

6.3 inch HD TFT
    1.7 GHz dual core processor
    1.5GB RAM
    8GB or 16GB onboard storage + up to 64GB microSD
    3G, 4G Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
    8MP rear camera and 1.9MP front facing camera
    Android 4.2 � Jellybean
    3,200 mAh battery
    167.6 x 88 x 8.0 mm , 199g

The standout detail is most definitely the screen size. With the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire starting at 7 inches in screen size, it�s not going to be long before the lines between phone and tablet are completely blurred or simply won�t exist.

Samsung Galaxy Mega - 6.3
    04-11-13 09:07 AM
    Wow, Samsung flooding the market

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-13 09:15 AM
    And an update...

Samsung Galaxy Mega - 6.3” in the palm of your hand
    Andrew Stevenson
    48 minutes ago 16 Comments

submit to reddit

Don’t ever let anyone tell you that size doesn’t matter! Samsung clearly thinks so, and is introducing a two new handsets to topple their current 5.5 inch behemoth, the Galaxy Note II, by nearly an inch. Say hello to the next phone + tablet to the market – the Galaxy Mega, all 6.3 inches of it!

Galaxy Mega 6.3

On paper, you’re getting, what can almost be described as a generic, run of the mill, Android handset:

6.3 inch HD TFT
    1.7 GHz dual core processor
    1.5GB RAM
    8GB or 16GB onboard storage + up to 64GB microSD
    3G, 4G Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
    8MP rear camera and 1.9MP front facing camera
    Android 4.2 – Jellybean
    3,200 mAh battery
    167.6 x 88 x 8.0 mm , 199g

The standout detail is most definitely the screen size. With the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire starting at 7 inches in screen size, it’s not going to be long before the lines between phone and tablet are completely blurred or simply won’t exist.

Samsung Galaxy Mega - 6.3
    TWSS! Seriously.

I have a female friend who is using the Note 1 now, and when I asked her recently whether she will get the S4, she said she wants the next Note instead, presumably Note 3. Her comment, size does matter. lol.

Personally I am not a fan of obscenely huge phone. One hand operation is important to me. I can't handle a Note/Note 2 properly, at least not without adjusting the position in which i'm using the phone to hit something across the screen or reach the top for notifications. I've had a couple of Android devices, Xperia Sola, Note, S3, Note 2, and Nexus 4. For me, the Sola is a little too small, while Note/Note 2 is too big. My preferred phone size would be Nexus 4 and S3, and of course now S4. Now the bezels on phones are getting smaller and smaller, thus screens can get bigger and bigger. I do hope that there can be a BB10 phone with that kinda size.

Anyway, on to the new Galaxy Mega (somewhat in between the phablet and a tablet), i think Samsung is just covering all sort of sizes.
    04-11-13 09:24 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD