Sorry if this has been discussed before... I searched, but couldn't find the infoI need.

My question is, when you go to the map app on your phone does it give you directions from your current location or do you have to put in a starting address.

I really want to get a bold and one of the main reasons I want a "smart phone" is for map purposes. I was playing with my friends iphone and it will give you directions from the location it gps's or triangulates for you. I really don't want an iphone, but this is a big feature for me.
    03-13-09 06:32 PM
    In the native blackberry maps app You can search from address to address, or you can search from "where I am"which will be your gps location
    Lol the iphone uses google maps
    You can use google maps aswell

If you want that feature make sure you get a gps enables bb
    8*10
    I'm not sure but 8800?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 06:36 PM
    The Google Map app will allow you to look up directions starting from your current location.
    03-13-09 06:37 PM
    I have a new 9530 with the 'free' 30 day VZ Nav. app. Don't think I'll keep the VZ app.

Is the Google map app. 'free'?

I already pay enough for my data/text/phone service.
    03-13-09 07:04 PM
    I have a new 9530 with the 'free' 30 day VZ Nav. app. Don't think I'll keep the VZ app.

Is the Google map app. 'free'?

I already pay enough for my data/text/phone service.
    googlemaps is free as long as you have unlimited data
    03-13-09 08:07 PM
    In the native blackberry maps app You can search from address to address, or you can search from "where I am"which will be your gps location
    Lol the iphone uses google maps
    You can use google maps aswell

If you want that feature make sure you get a gps enables bb
    8*10
    I'm not sure but 8800?

Don't forget the 8330. Comes standard on that one.

Google maps works really well. I downloaded it for awhile but just chose to use the one sprint gives you on the device.

03-13-09 09:09 PM
    Google maps won't give you turn by turn directions like VZW Nav. If you get rid of VZW Nav. VzW will disable your gps.

03-13-09 10:46 PM
    Google maps got me UNlost this afternoon after I followed my husbands directions! Since I had my GPS on I was able to get to where I was supposed to be... I was only 7 miles off course. My fault for listening to directions given by a MAN!

03-14-09 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD