OK... here's a weird thing, I downloaded it OTA and cant find it. i looked through the applications list and it's there but cant find the program any other way. tried a keyboard restart and a bat pull still cant find it... any ideas?
    07-11-08 05:33 PM
    OK... here's a weird thing, I downloaded it OTA and cant find it. i looked through the applications list and it's there but cant find the program any other way. tried a keyboard restart and a bat pull still cant find it... any ideas?
    Same exact problem I have. It's showing in my applications list, but I can't find anywhere to open the program.

Can anyone help us out with this?
    07-11-08 11:25 PM
    -----

It looks like there's no interactive program that acts between the Bible and Strong's. I think that's weird, because they've had very sophisticated Bible programs for years, so why they couldn't do it for a BB, I don't know. I think I might just get the Noah KJV and Strong's wherever I can find it. I did the "try it" on the KVJ Noah reader and was very pleased with it.

-----
    07-12-08 12:02 AM
    I use the Noah Bible reader and have two Bible versions on my memory card. Like it so far unless I find something better to use.
    Quick question: I bought the Noah Bible Reader a couple of months ago and love it. I just recently started reading that it can be put on the media card. I haven't found out how to do this. Can you tell me how you did it?
    07-12-08 12:32 AM
    Nevermind. I searched and found the answer. Thanks anyway. It's awesome having it on the card. Freed up a lot of device memory.
    07-12-08 02:09 AM
    Same exact problem I have. It's showing in my applications list, but I can't find anywhere to open the program.

So has no one else ever had this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 08:24 AM
    Hey if I can beta test 4.5 os for blackberry then I can definitely beta test bible software for Olive Tree, lol.

Do you happen to know which forumn they are referring to?
    Had to dig up the Email again to get it:

Olive Tree Bible Software :: View Forum - BlackBerry BibleReader
    07-12-08 09:39 AM
    I checked out the Noah Bible Study stuff; I will stick with waiting on Olive Tree to get their BB upgrade online, because Noah apparently does not have the New American Bible (i.e., the Catholic Bible).
    07-12-08 09:43 AM
    I have Noah from Laridian on mine. Back in my days of running Windows Mobile devices, I fell in love with Laridian. I don't like their bb version as well as I did there WM stuff, but I bought it anyway, in hopes that Laridian would continue refinements to accomodate the rapidly growing bb community. One thing I TOTALLY miss on the bb version is they don't have a One Year Bible! I loved that on my Dell Axim. It was so popular and it behooves me as to why Laridian has not come up with the for the bb

07-12-08 11:31 AM
    Barnett;

Do please either post the instructions how to get the bible files onto my card or tell me where to look for the instructions? I downloaded, but the thing takes up a LOT of room...and I've got tons of room on my media card.

besiderself
    07-12-08 02:11 PM
    If you go to mobile.beiks.com you can download a thing called something like BfTP. It will guide you through the process. It took me a liitle bit to get the hang of it, but I'm not the most technically savvy person in the world. Its great though. It freed up so much memory for me.

07-12-08 03:25 PM
    Just went to the site. Its called BeFTP. Sorry for the error.

07-12-08 03:26 PM
    I remember using this program back in the days of my Palm Pilot IIIxe, and forgot about it until recently: Mobipocket.

You can download it HERE.

And download the Bible for it HERE.

The Bible costs $9.99, however I think it's worth it. This particular one is an illustrated version, and the Mobipocket eBook reader used to read this Bible is one of the best eBook programs I've ever used (again, counting back to my old Palm Pilot days). You can download a trial version of the Bible to see if you like it or not, and then pay to get the full version (see link above).
    07-14-08 09:52 PM
    I can't vouch for Mobipocket, but in my Palm days I used both the Laridian and Olive Tree programs, and liked both for different reasons. Laridian's program (now called Noah Pro) is definitely the more sophisticated of the two, primarily because you can store your Bibles on your SD card -- VERY nice feature if you like to reference multiple versions!

I had Olive Tree's reader for years, even when it wasn't free. They had a greater variety of Bibles and some nice books too, but you could not store them on the SD card, and from what I've read that still isn't an option. If they could change that particular issue, I'd be much happier.

With Laridian's program, I've got the KJV, ASV, and NIV all on my SD card. The major reason I want to keep Olive Tree is that they have the NRSV, which is what my church uses. I still need to try to get that in a Blackberry format if they offer it. Don't know if the various Bibles have to be formatted for the OS you are using or if the databases will work for any version of Bible Reader. I'm still waiting to hear back from Olive Tree to see if I can use the items I paid for previously for the Blackberry.
    07-14-08 11:23 PM

I have the same trouble with Olive Tree's OTA (free) version of ASV...it's right there in Applications, but there's no way to open it. I downloaded BibleReader also...

Can anyone help? I've asked several times about this and never get any responses...are we alone in the (cyber) wilderness???

Thanks!

09-22-08 07:54 AM
    Hi all,

Beiks Noah for me, been using for more than 12 months and really happy (KJV).

To Noregrets --- brother, not only the flesh and senses but emotions. Being married really tests my ability to bridle the tongue and I fall down each day. The scripture is true, whomever can master their lips is the perfect person. Having said that, there was/is one who did/does, and He is our Lord.

Take care Noregrets, keep going, His glory will appear to you at the right time.

09-22-08 12:24 PM
    For a second I was nervous that was this going to turn into "which bible is best"
    09-22-08 12:28 PM
    I'll be posting reviews of the major ones when I get a chance.
    10-06-08 01:21 PM
    I am using Noah Bible study which I purchased from Laridian. I use to have a windows mobile phone so I didn't have to purchase the bibles again. It has been the best that I have found the only problem I don't like is I can't highlight text.
    10-06-08 04:50 PM
    I want the NIV version for Noah but I don't want to pay $25 for it. Come on its just a digital file. I could see paying $25 for a printed NIV bible, but not for a mere digital file. The Laridian bibles are def inflated in price.
    10-08-08 06:20 PM
    I want the NIV version for Noah but I don't want to pay $25 for it. Come on its just a digital file. I could see paying $25 for a printed NIV bible, but not for a mere digital file. The Laridian bibles are def inflated in price.
    Check this out...I just found it! And it's free OTA!

http://www.youversion.com/bb/dl.php

12-07-08 09:15 AM
    Let me if I can post a clickable link this time!

Download Bible

12-07-08 09:19 AM
    Try King James Version of the Bible - Online Search the address is www . Kjv bible . Net all lower case and together
    You go straight from your browser. I bookmarked it for quick access. I like it because it doesn't take up memory on my phone, it pulls up verses by key word or book and chapter. I hardly carry a bible anymore because the site is just a click away and works fast. Now true I lose it if I lose days connection but that isn't very often. Give it a shot. I think you will like it.

Last edited by luvitlo; 12-07-08 at 10:12 AM.
    12-07-08 10:08 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD