Its clear now that RIM was never in talks to sell the company to Samsung, perhaps a license for some technology but nothing ever beyond that. The media and various bloggers went wild over the last few weeks with RUMORS fueled by BGR and his said inside source.
    Now its clear that those talks never happened just like Samsung and RIM stated. The time lines don't allow for it. RIM had to be planing the transition of the company and the transition of the new CEO during the time BGR states that the takeover talks were happening. These two things don't mix.
    Is it about time people stop giving BGR any credit for his lyes. I for one need no more evidence that BGR is full of it! Clearly he made big money and his site got plenty of hits from him spreading lyes over the internet. I can think of three major news organizations that granted him coverage to further spread his lyes.
    Its the state of all media today that the freedoms that are for fathers fought for allows them to spared lyes and call it the truth.
    Selling BS as news or attempting to change people believes and perceptions, should be punishable!
    If nothing else a little similar treatment for perpetrators of the phony news is in order..

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-23-12 at 02:45 AM.
    01-23-12 02:01 AM
    @boygenius Jonathan S. Geller "Twitter"
    Oh by the way, just in case you figured otherwise, I stand by my RIM / Samsung story.

Question is do you still stand behind it loser..
    01-23-12 04:19 AM
    @boygenius Jonathan S. Geller "twitter"
    On the way to Fox News.

Another quality news source, willing to spread lyes. As long as someone said it, it must be true!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-23-12 at 04:26 AM.
    01-23-12 04:22 AM
    @boygenius Jonathan S. Geller "twitter"
    Research In Motion pushing for sale to Samsung Research In Motion pushing for sale to Samsung [updated] via @BGR

I could go on for ever, the point is this guy is worthless, but for the money he recieves spreading lyes.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-23-12 at 04:26 AM.
    01-23-12 04:24 AM
    @ boygenius Jonathan S. Geller @
    @BBExaminer @MrCrackberry @AgentBlackBerry yeah, was too negative, Just trying to be a D I C K, i'll let them play that part.

It seems as tho @boygenius deleted his insulting tweet to @MrCrackberry and @AgentBlackBerry. Interesting.

Just another example of what a loser this guy is..
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-23-12 at 04:41 AM.
    01-23-12 04:36 AM
    He only does it to churn visits to his website!!
    01-23-12 01:35 PM
    He only does it to churn visits to his website!!
    Quality writing does that too.
    grover5 likes this.
    01-23-12 01:37 PM
    now, come on guys. stop linking his site here. its blasphemy.
    01-23-12 01:42 PM
    In lawn darts you occasionally hit the ring if throw enough of them. Of course it was banned because too many people were hit with darts. Tech bloggers are no different, sling out enough darts and some will hit, but they do more damage than hits from the looks of it.
    blue-b likes this.
    01-23-12 01:43 PM
    While BGR updated their story to say that Samsung was "actively interested in licensing BB10" even though a buyout was off the table. I posted a couple of comments linking several news sites (Reuters, Associated Press, etc.) quoting the Samsung CEO saying that Samsung neither wanted to buy RIM nor license BB10. However, for some reason, my comments never showed up.
    01-23-12 01:51 PM
    The sad thing is, nobody does research anymore. We have well know companies regurgitating blogger's made up stories. It's pathetic and really takes the "you can't believe everything you read" saying to an all time high.
    Present post excluded, of course..
    01-23-12 01:54 PM
    While BGR updated their story to say that Samsung was "actively interested in licensing BB10" even though a buyout was off the table. I posted a couple of comments linking several news sites (Reuters, Associated Press, etc.) quoting the Samsung CEO saying that Samsung neither wanted to buy RIM nor license BB10. However, for some reason, my comments never showed up.
    I read Samsung's statement from numerous sources... They did indeed say they were never interested in purchasing RIM or portions of RIM. They were however silent on the matter of licensing BB10.
    01-23-12 02:11 PM
    I read Samsung's statement from numerous sources... They did indeed say they were never interested in purchasing RIM or portions of RIM. They were however silent on the matter of licensing BB10.
    It's behind the Financial Times paywall but

Financial Times - 6am Cut

Samsung says its not considering buying RIM

Kate Mackenzie

Samsung Electronics on Wednesday denied it was interested in buying ailing Blackberry maker Research In Motion or licensing its operating system, reports Reuters, refuting a tech blog report that RIM was seeking to sell itself to the South Korean company. Shares of RIM, which has been the subject of continuous takeover speculation with its stock valuation lingering at multi-year lows, jumped more than 10 per cent on the report before falling back after Samsungs denial. Product delays and profit warnings have eroded confidence in Canada-based RIM, once at the cutting edge of smartphone technology for business users, and its management. We havent considered acquiring the firm and are not interested in (buying RIM), Samsung spokesman James Chung said. Chung also said Samsung had not been approached by the Canadian firm for a takeover and was not interested in licensing RIMs mobile platform.
    01-23-12 04:37 PM
    Is this like when the owner or GM gives the coach a "vote of confidence" and says we have no intention of firing him, RIGHT before he gets fired?
    01-23-12 04:41 PM
    Is this like when the owner or GM gives the coach a "vote of confidence" and says we have no intention of firing him, RIGHT before he gets fired?
    Exactly.

Denial means nothing LOL. Almost the opposite.
    01-23-12 04:43 PM
    Exactly.

So Samsung says they have no interest in Rim yet you somehow know they are going to acquire them. What, pray tell, would it mean if they said they had an interest in buying Rim? Would that mean they dont? Your logic is migraine inducing.
    01-23-12 04:50 PM
    So Samsung says they have no interest in Rim yet you somehow know they are going to acquire them. What, pray tell, would it mean if they said they had an interest in buying Rim? Would that mean they dont? Your logic is migraine inducing.
    LOL.

Me:

Exactly.

Your interpretation:

So Samsung says they have no interest in Rim yet you somehow know they are going to acquire them. What, pray tell, would it mean if they said they had an interest in buying Rim?
    Explains a lot, actually. Get an aspirin and the Rosetta stone. I can't use smilies all the time. I know the mere mention of BGR exposes some of you to pain that cannot be fathomed, but not comprehending language seems like a medical manifestation worth researching.
    01-23-12 05:00 PM
    So Samsungs denial of the acquisition means just the opposite. That's what you said right? Seems you're the one with reading comprehension issues. Which is bad since you wrote the post in question.

Edit: remedial grammar FTW?
    Last edited by mjs416; 01-23-12 at 07:04 PM.
    01-23-12 06:53 PM
    The thing that gets me is someone prospering for doing nothing. Worse, making something up that detracts from others hard work and gaining from it. BGR is a parasite!
    01-24-12 12:06 AM
    Are you English OP? Just never seen anyone write the word lies as lyes.

Gellar blew that site on nothing more than BS lies and creative headliners.

Site is horrendous! IMO anyway.....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-24-12 10:51 AM
    Just stop following him and dont visit BGR.com. Find a legit news source.
    01-24-12 01:58 PM
    Some of you hate on BGR more than he "hates" on RIM. Just stop reading his site.
    01-24-12 06:16 PM
    So Samsungs denial of the acquisition means just the opposite. That's what you said right? Seems you're the one with reading comprehension issues. Which is bad since you wrote the post in question.

Edit: remedial grammar FTW?
    Read it again; in my experience, "almost" is not equivalent to "just." But please feel free to continue the intentional misquoting; hilarity has ensued.
    01-24-12 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD