iPhone 4S launch drives record number of BlackBerry trade-ins

To quote REM.....'It's the end of our world as we know it.....'

The handwriting is so on the wall, waiting to hear from the poster who mentioned 70 million active BB users.....on what planet, in what galaxy? Maybe since inception, but very doubtful. I will apologize profusely if someone can give a verified source for that number...I doubt if even worldwide there is that reach.
    10-27-11 05:27 AM
    You're grossly underestimating the use of Smartphone technology, and those figures have been confirmed by RIM multiple times. As well as carriers. Listen to one of RIM's investors calls, if you're too sceptical on relying on the web for actual figures.

Yet another ignorant post, this really does get annoying after a while ... And people wonder why RIM receives so much negative attention, it's mainly due to people like this severely exaggerating and presuming they're right when they're far from it.
    Last edited by Wretch 64; 10-27-11 at 05:57 AM.
    10-27-11 05:50 AM

The handwriting is so on the wall, waiting to hear from the poster who mentioned 70 million active BB users.....on what planet, in what galaxy? Maybe since inception, but very doubtful. I will apologize profusely if someone can give a verified source for that number...I doubt if even worldwide there is that reach.
    From another CB to you: you're just asking to be moved, aren't you?

Merged thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...-trade-664695/
    10-27-11 05:52 AM

Trade yours in and leave.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-27-11 06:47 AM
    What, you going to call my mom? Free speech, I see endless opinions posted here, so get a life.

One of RIMs CEOs announced the number during an earnings call where he also released BBM user statistics of ~50 million users. Because corporate officials have a fiduciary duty to share holders you can take them as fact. They could be lying, however since they produce only one line of product (phones) and now tablets, it is incredibly easy to deduce the number of units sold as per income and balance sheet statements. It seems only you are disputing these numbers.

I'll call your mom.
    10-27-11 08:13 AM
    What, you going to call my mom? Free speech, I see endless opinions posted here, so get a life.
    There's no Right To Free Speech on a privately owned Canadian forum. The mods are your mom here and they'll most likely close or merge the thread. Duplicate threads aren't needed or helpful.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-27-11 at 08:24 AM.
    Kaz75 likes this.
    10-27-11 08:18 AM
    Additionally, Android trade-ins jumped 72% during the past month.

So long Google! And good riddance! The internet will be a better place without the worlds largest spyware company.
    grover5 likes this.
    10-27-11 10:09 AM
    Additionally, Android trade-ins jumped 72% during the past month.
    Yeah, wouldn't that Android trade in number be the bigger headline? We all know RIM sales are down, but Android was poised to take over the world. Especially with the new devices that were on display to be released in the coming months. But it's BGR so we'll see nothing negative against Android or Apple.
    10-27-11 10:28 AM
    I'm sure the day there is positive news from RIM, BGR will report it. BGR isn't pro or anti RIM but for a zealous BB enthusiast that may seem to be reality since they deem any tech blig or analyst reporting bad news from RIM biased.
    I just hope they don't end up like Engadget anytime soon cause I really like BGR.
    10-27-11 10:55 AM

you gotta realize that the world is bigger then NYC! i'm not saying RIM's marketshare is down and is continuing to drop, but to confirm 70million users isn't that difficult if u research.. and i'm pretty sure u can't fake numbers on earnings calls .. if that was the case why not just report RIM exceeded expectations to make themselves look good....

this was from JUNE 2011 in Canada:

shows rim at 38%

Symbian isn't that dominant in the USA, but it's doing pretty well around the world...

so u gotta look outside ur little bubble...
    10-27-11 11:31 AM
    Obviously a Blackberry wasn't for them in the first place.

2 totally different phones, so it doesn't seem like only an outage would cause someone to jump ship so soon unless having a BB wasn't suiting their needs anyway.

This also doesnt state what model Blackberrys people are sending in. I just heard about that site, and I would probably send one of my old Blackberry's in too ( I still have a Blackberry).
    10-27-11 01:11 PM
    I'm sure the day there is positive news from RIM, BGR will report it. BGR isn't pro or anti RIM but for an overzealous BB enthusiast that may seem to be reality since they deem any tech blog or analyst reporting bad news from RIM biased.
    Careful when you use a word like I bolded above. Make no mistake, these "writers" are not journalist, or professional for that matter. They get paid by the word to write on a blog site. The majority have their own agenda. I'm not a BB enthusiast in the least, nor am I am Apple or Android fan. I like tech. I need to use a lot of products to test my stuff on, so I tend to not get attached to 1 product.

My comment was based on the fact that BGR has a history of reporting only bad news when it comes to RIM, or any non Apple product. Like many of the other "tech" blogs.
    10-27-11 01:21 PM
    From another CB to you: you're just asking to be moved, aren't you?

Merged thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...-trade-664695/
    One doom and gloom thread on this article definitely enough.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-27-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD