Just a question/Opinion for you guys whom are a lot more in touch with how markets work and companies function etc.

Just my .02 on how this looks to me anyway.

I Have a friend who upgraded to IOS7 and now despises apple, I explained that while BBRY looks bleak, if the deal with FairFax goes through (which it appears it will), BBRY then goes private, and the phones are still available but they will be out of the run trying to fight with Samsung or Apple. Which while in a lot of ways sounds bad, but could be good to return to their strong points in Enterprise yada yada yada.

Like myself, this friend doesnt care about apps, we both like to browse the web, check youtube maybe now and then, send texts and use the phone as a phone, and we want a nice phone... and honestly the Z10, 30, Q10, 5 etc fills all those things.

So if I have been reading the posts on here correctly and FairFax wants to keep BBRY whole and push them to work in a niche market and actually help them do this properly. This could work out for BBRY? This could be a blessing no? Is it what we wanted? obviously I think we wanted the Rimpire to strike back, but even anakin lost his arms and legs before becoming darth vader ... (spoiler alert?)

All im saying is perhaps this could be a bonus. Did BBRY Launch BB10 well? A resounded groan from the community... I think Crackberry cared more about the launch then the actual company at times, however we're here now, the history is something we look to not repeat. Keep moving forward right?

I have no reason to switch platforms, and if I have to take an extra step to get an enterprise device from blackberry in the future because its a "niche" market so be it. Its Canadian, I like the product, i like the OS, and having a financial partner while not what we wanted, could be what bilges out the water from this otherwise sinking ship.

/Rant

thoughts? Comments? Hate mail?
    10-02-13 01:27 PM
    Like myself, this friend doesnt care about apps, we both like to browse the web, check youtube maybe now and then, send texts and use the phone as a phone, and we want a nice phone... and honestly the Z10, 30, Q10, 5 etc fills all those things.
    Why settle for only what you want to do today, why not get a device that can do more.

I kinda understood when push email made a difference. I kinda understood when I had a BIS connection. But today?? Other than a different UI what make a BlackBerry BB10 device a BB10 device? Is it because someone stamped a logo on it? Is there some feature that you can point too that is implemented better on a BB10 device than on iOS or Android?

If a BB10 works for you and your friend and you are both happy with the decision and can live with it.... that is really all that matters. As long a you do realizes that most people are not going to be willing to "settle" for what BB has to offer.

Personally, I wanted BB10 to be BETTER and to PROVIDE MORE. I took a risk and was an early adopter (yet again), had high hopes for the new BB10 platform and for BlackBerry.... I don't want to settle with what we have gotten!
    10-02-13 01:41 PM
    I'm very happy with both my Z10 and Q10 and look forward to owning a Z30. I believe this is the best OS available and will continue to get better.
    A few of my iphone friends are very unhappy with ios 7. I hand them my Z and say try it. First they are shocked Blackberry has a full touch and a little scared of the swipe. After a few minutes they love it. Once their contracts (February & March) are up they will upgrade to Z10 if Blackberry is still here.
    10-02-13 02:42 PM
    If you are happy with your device and what it does - what's the problem?
    10-02-13 02:45 PM