Blackberry 8800
    Although Roblock seems like a good program in theory, it does not work (at least in my case). I purchased this software three days ago and repeatedly I receive the message: unable to connect to internet, when I attempt to input the Registration Code. My phone's APN is correct, full service bars, EDGE is on, and I can access the internet via my phone's browser. I Uninstalled and Reinstalled the software, to no avail. All permissions are set to �allow�, so this is not the culprit. I completed a soft reset, and no dice. In other words, my end is fine.

The company (DexMobile) responded once, over 24 hours later, and informed that in cases like this they are able to activate accounts manually, via email. I never heard from DexMobile again.

Since their response, I have sent six emails to Dexmobile, and have not received a follow up response. I replied that I am interested in the manual activation. No response. I asked when I can expect a resolution. No response. On day three, I requested a refund. No response.

Because this is an electronic download, Paypal does NOT cover it.

Looks like I am out of 10 bucks.

Seems like the perfect scam. No way to recoup your money, and no way to make Dexmobile cough up a refund.
    02-18-09 03:03 PM
    Wow, I am sorry to hear that, I had the same problem and they responded promptly and activated my account manually by email. Maybe something is going on with the company, hopefully they will respond back soon with an apology.
    02-18-09 03:55 PM
    Same problem here. I purchased the software two days ago. They sent me the CD Key, and I put it in where it asks me to. Then the program just sits there. I have written 3 e-mails with no response. I purchased this on my other BB about 8 months ago with no problems, but it seems the company just recently sold, or is in the middle of some changes. Hopefully I will get a response. The program works great on my other phone. No problems at all. I'm hoping this is a temporary problem. 8330 Curve - Alltel
    02-18-09 08:56 PM
    You know what's amazing. I posted this same complaint on Blackberry Forums earlier today, and the Moderators jumped all over me. They essentially accused me of heresy, and closed my post! One moderator posted the initial response which, in short, challenged my claim and gave the impression that I am making this up. I then responded, and one of his/her peers (another Moderator) jumped in and accused me of being the instigator! My post was simultaneously closed. I am almost convicned that they have a stake in the company, and receive some form of compensatory kickback for sales via their site. I later reposted in another of their forums, and suddely my acess was restricted. I was truly put off because this is how scam businesses are allowed to perpetuate their dishonest craft. As long as websites quash honest reviews of software, unsuspecting consumers will continue to purchase the bad products.

I do, however, see that you purchased this for another phone, and it worked. So I do believe that it is not a complete scam, but rather poor management of customer service.
    Last edited by blueenigma; 02-18-09 at 09:40 PM.
    02-18-09 09:35 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having such issues with Dexmobile and Blackberry Forums.

I bought Roblock during their Christmas Sale for $5 and am completely satisfied with it. Even when I bricked my phone (more than once ) and had to reinstall it, I was always prompted for permission for the program to access my location.

When I first became a BB owner, Blackberry Forums is the first board I found and I have to say, they were helpful to me before I outgrew them. I think its a shame that they did that to you and quite uncalled for.

As the other poster stated their problems more recently with Dexmobile, it VERY well could be a re-structuring issue and in these economic times this is going to become more frequent, and unfortunately customer service tends to fall through the cracks when some companies merge and shift things around.

If I were you, I would save a copy of each email you sent and continue to email them. It wouldn't hurt to request a read receipt and mark it high priority too if you are able too. The best way sometimes to get satisfaction or what you paid for is being the "squeaky wheel" and drive them nuts until they help you just to get rid of you. Ya' know?

Best of luck to you and let's face it Crackberry is a lot more fun than those other folks anyway

~Jazzi~

Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 02-19-09 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Added Info
    02-19-09 12:08 AM

As the other poster stated their problems more recently with Dexmobile, it VERY well could be a re-structuring issue and in these economic times this is going to become more frequent, and unfortunately customer service tends to fall through the cracks when some companies merge and shift things around.

~Jazzi~

you took the words right out of my post Jazzi - was about to post the exact same thing.
    02-19-09 08:46 AM
    Well if it is due to the economy (lets all jump on THAT bandwagon!) it is still pretty sad they are taking your money. Hopefully you will get a refund or they will get their booty's in gear. Good luck!
    02-19-09 09:13 AM
    Just when I had given up, I decided to email PDATopSoft, which is the site I purchased Roblock from. Initiallly I thought that they could not help since they are not the software creaters but only the "store" selling the product. Surprisingly, they are the ones who got results. Within minutes they emailed DexMobile (and CC'd) me. In short, they told DexMobile that they had 24 hours to respond or they would issue me a refund and remove the software from their site. Within a few more minutes, DexMobile sent a pop up message to my phone informing me that the software was manually activated! Unbelievable. So had I purchased this software directly from DexMobile's site, and not a third-party site, I would have been stuck; I would have had no leverage to make them respond or cough up a refund. From now on, I will purchase software from PDATopSoft! I urge anyone who purchased this from a third-party vendor to contact the vendor. If you purchased directly from DexMobile, you might have to sit tight and hope they eventually respond
    Last edited by blueenigma; 02-19-09 at 02:49 PM.
    02-19-09 02:43 PM
    Response from Roblock.... After a few e-mails, I did get this response. I re-entered my CD Key, and it worked. So I believe it is a temporary issue....

>>Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Vapssky Customer Support.

We were having technical difficulties with Roblock Activation and Web Interface connectivity.

Kindly try activating Roblock again on your device and the Web Interface connectivity.
    The web Interface will start working only after you have activated successfully.
    If you receive Unable to connect to the internet error, kindly check your APN settings and try again.

We also recommend you to update to the latest version from

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

With Regards
    Technical Support
    02-20-09 06:07 AM
    To be fair about this, any provider can have technical problems from time to time. It is extremely embarrassing when it happens, and there's not much they can do to let anyone know when the website goes offline.

There's a learning experience in this. Use due diligence in selecting suppliers, deal with recommended suppliers or those you trust, and expect the occasional gremlin to disrupt things even for the good guys. If you hit problems most suppliers will want to sort it out as soon as possible, so try to deal with them as humans until they prove otherwise. Best problem solving is usually obtained by starting with the calm approach and escalating if necessary (speak quietly but carry a big stick).
    02-20-09 06:33 AM
    Exact same problem here. I just sent them an email, hopefully they get back to me quick cause it looks like a lot of people have had problems getting a response.
    05-11-09 01:19 AM
    Ok now I have to recant my earlier statement as I purchased a new BB and although I have my orignal activation code, it still won't work. I have emailed both DexMobile as well as their new company Vapssky but still no response after 4 weeks. At this pont I have given up on getting a response and am seeking a new anti theft app.
    05-11-09 09:07 AM
    Purchased RoBlock from their website about a week ago. Unable to register the software... all connections are on yet it tells me its an activation issue.

Good thing that I paid for it using my credit card that was issued at the bank that I worked at. That would make the charge back so much easier for me.
    03-03-11 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD