With all of the "beta" versions of a device, such as the 9700, that have been floating around for months... you'd think they'd have all of the bugs worked out. But, I've still encountered some minor hardware issues with my 9000 after a year (such as side buttons not working anymore) that only come from heavy use.

For all I know, these issues were never fixed with later revisions of the 9000... but with the 9700 launch coming possibly as soon as this week....... is it better to wait and buy a new BlackBerry handset later when the prices have come down, or just go ahead and benefit from early adoption?

It's something I've always wondered....
    11-08-09 09:03 PM
    if you start playing that game(the waiting game) you'll never have a new phone. there are always going to be new Blackberrys just around the bend.. my advice, make a decision, but make an informed decision. do some research as to the woes of a new device, but dont let that make the decision for you. other peoples experiences may not be what you experience. i hope that made sense.
    11-08-09 11:15 PM
    9780 was technically the hardware upgrade for 9700. It offered more RAM which allowed for OS6 to run flawlessly.

Beyond that, the minor revisions in hardware don't offer much advantage to the user.
    03-14-13 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD