View Poll Results: I think that its OK to TXT and Drive

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes its OK -- I can TXT and still keep my eyes on the road.

1 25.00%
  • NO -- No way. TXTing and Driving is dangerous!

3 75.00%
    Hi Guys

Need non Verizon, Continental US Blackberry users for Beta testing software that Blocks TXTing while Driving.

I know that lots of folks on this forum will be AGAINST anything that limits use of your Blackberry -- even when driving. But, distracted driving is a real problem and it's not just teen drivers. Help make a difference!

Please send me a PM for web address and coupon code. We DO NOT want the web adress on the forum just yet.

The goal of the product is to create a safer mobile phone experience by limiting phone use while driving or at inappropriate locations. The software also allows the phone’s location to be pinpointed on an interactive map. The phones location history can also be analyzed. Geofence email alerts can be created to let parents know that children have made it to school, soccer practice, etc.

On the website there are links to articles and news reports on the dangers of TXT-ing while driving if you’re interested in learning more about this.

The test requires you to create a user account, select phone settings and install the beta software onto the BlackBerry. Creating the user account and installing the beta software takes skilled users 8 to 10 minutes and average users about 15 minutes. During the set up and installation, we would request that you also “play dumb” and use our live support operator (when they are on line) to ask questions. We are trying to get the bugs worked out of that too!

Once the software is installed, we would ask that you test and “live” with the software for a couple of days, then send us the log file that the software automatically creates along with any issues that may have occurred.

Along with your message, please send the following details:

BlackBerry Model (must have GPS)
    Carrier
    Software version
    Brower version
    Country (we are only ready for testing in the US)
    State
    City

Thanks
    Last edited by laker072; 08-30-09 at 11:52 PM.
    08-30-09 10:32 PM
    Not available to test, but that sounds like an amazing app. Great work!
    08-30-09 10:33 PM
    The only people who I can see using this is parents making kids put it on their Berries. But most kids don't have a BB... Sounds interesting none the less.
    08-30-09 10:54 PM
    Aside form the fact I'm not a big fan of "big brother" type software applications designed to act as a substitute for common sense, why would someone who likes to text while driving want to install this app? Even if it's designed to be a parental control tool, wouldn't it be pretty easy to defeat simply by turning off the GPS (or deleting the app altogether)? Also, how can the app determine whether you are a driver or a passenger?
    08-30-09 11:07 PM
    You would think that that would be the market, but check out this youtube video!!

08-30-09 11:07 PM
    This sounds like a useful app.

I'm not available to beta test any more than I currently do, my head might explode. But, good luck on this app - it looks like you have something great!
    08-31-09 12:49 AM
    I agree with an above poster - how would the app know if you're in the passenger or driver's seat?

I'd personally say let the users make their decision. But that's just me.
    08-31-09 12:57 AM
    So... Actually.... Your asking people to txt when driving? Seems to defeat the purpose ... Hah hhah
    08-31-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD