This has been bugging me for a while now, hopefully someone here can clarify what's happening: I recently switched carriers. I went from an Alltel Blackberry Curve 8330 to an ATT BB Torch 9800. I have a Blackberry Enterprise Server Express installed on my Exchange 2003 server. With my old blackberry, all browsing ran through BESX which was nice because I was able to set up protection profiles on our UTM for the blackberries. I've never had an issue with that setup. When I got my new phone from ATT, I removed my old BESX account and created a new one for my Torch and sent the Enterprise activation which went well with no problems. Everything works as it should except for 1 thing: The internet browsing is not running though our network anymore, my phone gets an IP from the carrier which totally bypasses our UTM. My understanding was the default configuration on all blackberries using BESx was to use the office intranet, not the carriers public internet. Is there any way to check the phone and force it to use the BESx instead of the carrier?
    05-19-11 11:42 PM
    This has been bugging me for a while now, hopefully someone here can clarify what's happening: I recently switched carriers. I went from an Alltel Blackberry Curve 8330 to an ATT BB Torch 9800. I have a Blackberry Enterprise Server Express installed on my Exchange 2003 server. With my old blackberry, all browsing ran through BESX which was nice because I was able to set up protection profiles on our UTM for the blackberries. I've never had an issue with that setup. When I got my new phone from ATT, I removed my old BESX account and created a new one for my Torch and sent the Enterprise activation which went well with no problems. Everything works as it should except for 1 thing: The internet browsing is not running though our network anymore, my phone gets an IP from the carrier which totally bypasses our UTM. My understanding was the default configuration on all blackberries using BESx was to use the office intranet, not the carriers public internet. Is there any way to check the phone and force it to use the BESx instead of the carrier?

Try heading over to the business section.. I am sure there are some business users / IT experts that can help you better than the general public (BIS users)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f49/

from someone with no BES(x) experience, have you tried contacting your carrier?
    05-20-11 08:47 AM
    Ok, I'll ask there. Thank you!
    05-20-11 02:01 PM
  4. T
    Yes, try the admin forum ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD