HAHAHAHA!!! Too funny. Did you expect a different response from a 17 year old? Not really geared towards a younger generation. When I start talking QNX nobody knows what in the heck I'm talking about. Tell them you can take a picture of your food and post it on the Internet and suddenly "they have come a long way". LOL.
    I'd say your wrong when you mention it's not geared towards a younger generation,
    Bb10.

The commercial is good but yes, a younger mainstream person wouldn't care so much for it.

Posted via CB10- FINALLY
    05-19-13 03:36 PM
    I showed a 17 year old. His response was "does it have Instagram?"
    *FACEPALM*

I weep for the future...
    Supa_Fly1 and eddy_berry like this.
    05-19-13 04:41 PM
    Different commercials will attract different groups of customers just like different screen sizes or colors...BlackBerry should put a variety of commercials for all segments and age groups.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 and Bobcat665 like this.
    05-19-13 05:18 PM
    Different commercials will attract different groups of customers just like different screen sizes or colors...BlackBerry should put a variety of commercials for all segments and age groups.

Posted via CB10
    I thought about that as well, but I'm pretty sure the new Marketing head at BlackBerry is focused on a single message to be used in world wide marketing.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 05:28 PM
    If you like this commercial tweet at @BlackBerry I am sure someone is there collecting feedback

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 05:31 PM
    Ask the US military what they think.

Sent from the future on my Z10.
    I'd say they like QNX and quite a lot; considering all their drones run on it.
    eddy_berry and Bobcat665 like this.
    05-19-13 08:17 PM
    I thought about that as well, but I'm pretty sure the new Marketing head at BlackBerry is focused on a single message to be used in world wide marketing.

Posted via CB10
    A single message can still be used worldwide for marketing - most likely this ad would best fit since its about brand name recognition - reminding the world that BlackBerry is here, fighting, innovating, and her to stay. Remind users of an alternative, and that would be the BlackBerry brand!

It's very powerful yet subtle what their trying to ... lots of undertones here that is not known to the average consumer, let alone analyst or business IT group.

BlackBerry still should focus a particular ad for each major target segment, then adjust the language used in correct use/phrase/tone/etc and run it. No need to make 12 different commercials for Argentina, then another completely different ones for another latin country. RIM did this and it didn't care of the costs because the revenue and profits where so high 4yrs ago.

BlackBerry I hope, even if highly successful, will continue to run efficiently, not letting the profits goto their heads.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-19-13 08:35 PM
    I'd say your wrong when you mention it's not geared towards a younger generation,
    Bb10.

The commercial is good but yes, a younger mainstream person wouldn't care so much for it.

Posted via CB10- FINALLY
    And I would say you are right. BB10 is geared toward youth. THIS ADVERTISEMENT ISN'T. That is what I said. So how was I wrong sir?
    05-19-13 08:59 PM
    A single message can still be used worldwide for marketing - most likely this ad would best fit since its about brand name recognition - reminding the world that BlackBerry is here, fighting, innovating, and her to stay. Remind users of an alternative, and that would be the BlackBerry brand!

It's very powerful yet subtle what their trying to ... lots of undertones here that is not known to the average consumer, let alone analyst or business IT group.

BlackBerry still should focus a particular ad for each major target segment, then adjust the language used in correct use/phrase/tone/etc and run it. No need to make 12 different commercials for Argentina, then another completely different ones for another latin country. RIM did this and it didn't care of the costs because the revenue and profits where so high 4yrs ago.

BlackBerry I hope, even if highly successful, will continue to run efficiently, not letting the profits goto their heads.
    Don't get me wrong.. i love this ad and the unofficial one Pixelcarve did around Superbowl time. I would love to see this ad and it's message become the "Tone" of all their Marketing here on out. So agreed.

Unfortunately, under CMO Frank Boublin (sp?).. the single message I think blackberry is using in all their marketing here in Canada and the US is the 'beats and the whole keep moving' message literally showing people 'keep moving', sometimes touting a feature that can help them do that. lol.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-19-13 09:03 PM
    And I would say you are right. BB10 is geared toward youth. THIS ADVERTISEMENT ISN'T. That is what I said. So how was I wrong sir?
    no I was saying that if you were saying that bb10 wasnt catering towards youth as well, then you would be wrong.
    But in fact you were saying the same thing I did in my reply. My misunderstanding.

I wasn't sure what you were saying in your comment, so I tried to ask/ clarify by replying.

You're not wrong. Haha I got what you're saying now. we're on the same page.

Posted via CB10- FINALLY
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-19-13 10:27 PM
    Yes, some think this commercial would not target the right audience. Well, they may have a good point? For me though, it's impressive and that's what makes a good commercial. This would be a great way of re-introducing the BlackBerry brand. Let people know how incredible the operating system is and how BlackBerry has come full circle. So many commercials don't even come close to the feeling you get after watching this. This is not just because I'm a huge BlackBerry fan, it's because it's true. Get it out now! For the love of God!Now!!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 05-20-13 at 12:47 PM.
    05-20-13 11:37 AM
    a truly inspiring video... makes my proud of my z10 ...
    05-20-13 12:12 PM
    I have watched it many times and shared on my fb page.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:20 PM
38 12