I was asked by a close friend what router would provide the best/fastest Wifi service for my phone (friend wants to get it for me as a gift). I've googled it and couldn't really find anything that stood out. Right now my only internet access is my Bold, so searching is a tad difficult.
    Any suggestions/ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 05:40 PM
    I only know that I can't surf the internet using a BT Voyager 2100 wireless router. I have no real idea why, but in case it's the router I suggest you don't get one of those.
    Just noticed where you are located. The BT Voyager range are rebranded by British Telecom. Obviously you won't have these where you are but the same unit might be known as a different model.
    02-12-10 02:03 PM
    The 9700 can handle pretty much anything any consumer router can throw at it. WEP, WPA, WPA2, even Cisco Extensions, so read reviews, find a deal, and keep your receipt.

I prefer Linksys routers for the combination of ease-of-use and advanced options. I have a Linksys WRT120N, their low-end N-compatible router, and I currently have it running in Mixed Mode with over a dozen WiFi devices connected to it including 2 9700s. My 9700 picks it up without fail. I'm using WEP with MAC filtering enabled.

I do NOT recommend Buffalo routers. Documentation is POOR (and poorly-translated to boot), my router dropped devices and required frequent reboots, and the GUI was awful. Not user-friendly, didn't even use standard technical names for things.
    02-12-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD