I was just wondering what you guys think is the carrier for a blackberry is? Im currently on tmobile(which is horrible i might add in my area, hopefully that new hdspa or whatever thats coming is good) and my girlfriend has a sprint bold, and im not a big sprint fan, what do you guys think is the best for a berry?
    06-26-10 01:03 PM
    It depends upon which one has the best service and coverage in your area an in the areas in which you travel.

There is no one answer. And for the most part, it's not device specific.
    06-26-10 01:39 PM
    I was just wondering what you guys think is the carrier for a blackberry is? Im currently on tmobile(which is horrible i might add in my area, hopefully that new hdspa or whatever thats coming is good) and my girlfriend has a sprint bold, and im not a big sprint fan, what do you guys think is the best for a berry?
    It's entirely up to you and where you plan to use the phone, I needed a phone that worked in 4 specific areas of the country because those are places I visit. T-Mobile was the ONLY carrier that offered coverage in all 4 areas!

Figure where you'll be, use carrier's coverage maps (you'll find them on each carrier's website) along with information such as AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more. and Cell Phone Towers - Mobiledia.

Note that WiFi on a T-Mobile phone allows voice calls over UMA, I don't know if other carriers allow that?
    06-26-10 01:52 PM
    Sprint bcuz it's the most reliable 3g network and they have 4g.
    06-26-10 02:19 PM
    Best for a 'Berry? It doesn't matter. BlackBerry works largely the same on any carrier.
    06-26-10 03:48 PM
    Verizon if you plan on using 3G a lot of the time. They have the largest coverage area and have all the different brands of phones. Bold, Storm, Curve, Pearl..
    06-26-10 03:56 PM
    I have Sprint and really like it and never had problems with reception. However, I went from and old cheap Katana II (because my phone was stolen & I couldn't figure out what I wanted for an upgrade) to a BB and I have to say my BB doesn't have as great reception as the cheap basic Katana had. I did call Sprint out of curiousity and everything was fine with my phone and the towers. Some phones just simply have better reception then others. It's not always the carrier. I still love Sprint though
    06-26-10 06:09 PM
    I guess it all depends on your carriers coverage area but my 9700 does really well on AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 06:12 PM
    As others have said it depends on where you will be using your phone. I would check out the websites that xs11e posted. They could be helpful in figuring out what towers are near where you will be using your phone.
    06-26-10 06:50 PM
    I've had BB's on AT&T, switched to Sprint a few yrs. back, no complaint's with Sprint. Super Co.
    06-26-10 06:59 PM
    I think Sprint is great, never had a problem

06-26-10 07:09 PM
    ONLY drawback to T-mobile is coverage.
    The best part is UMA and free tethering! So that is why , in my opinion for me, that TMobile is the best carrier!
    06-26-10 08:03 PM
    ONLY drawback to T-mobile is coverage.
    The best part is UMA and free tethering! So that is why , in my opinion for me, that TMobile is the best carrier!
    Coverage isn't bad if you don't go out into the middle of nowhere. Unless you mean building penetration, but that's a characteristic of the bands T-Mobile uses.

It all depends on where you live. From my experiences, AT&T is terrible. Verizon and T-Mobile have been the best. Sprint is alright too, but they haven't done as well as VZW and T-Mobile for me.
    06-26-10 08:06 PM
    you can go on the carrier site and check their coverage map with your zip codes and also try the zip codes on the areas you frequent. I am with Verizon and have been for a number of years and I sold it as well. I have always had an LG . I had a Samsung once and it didn't work well for me. Blackberry works fantastic for me as well on the Verizon network. You also have 30 days to try out Verizon
    Good luck
    06-26-10 10:45 PM
    i've used all US Carriers except T-Mobile. imho AT&T is the best. the fact that it is GSM, and also you can talk and browse on AT&T's 3G network. great for the ultimate multitasker.
    06-26-10 10:50 PM
    Seriously, you are going to get two types of answers:

Reasonable: i.e. those who have told you it depends on the carrier that gives you the
    best signal / coverage where you live and travel frequently

Somewhat biased opinions: i.e. those making recommendations based on their personal
    experiences despite the fact that they have no idea where you live / travel.

Guess which ones you should pay attention to
    06-26-10 10:57 PM
    Seriously, you are going to get two types of answers:

Reasonable: i.e. those who have told you it depends on the carrier that gives you the
    best signal / coverage where you live and travel frequently

Somewhat biased opinions: i.e. those making recommendations based on their personal
    experiences despite the fact that they have no idea where you live / travel.

Guess which ones you should pay attention to
    now THAT is moderating at its finest
    06-26-10 11:15 PM
    Where do you live and work? Do you travel? If so, where?

The best way to determine which carrier is best for you is to ask your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. The folks you live and work with will be able to offer better information to you than folks on an Internet message board.
    06-26-10 11:19 PM
    For me, its more of a feature thing. I had Verizon since it's inception. What's that? 10 years? I live in New Jersey. In 10 years, I could count on both hands my dropped calls. OK, yay for me. I got a blackberry on Verizon. Still same service. Then I saw my sister in laws AT&T Bold 9000 and I was smitten. I saw how she could be on the phone and receive/send emails, bbm, yim, etc. This was something that bothered me with Verizon. My customers would be sending requests while I was on an hour long phone call. I would hang up and receive 35 emails. True, before my blackberry, my office would notify me of each service call and I would write it down. But I enjoy advancing in technology, not the other way around. Add to that, the fact that I was in deep lust over the size of her 9000's keyboard (ooh that sounds terrible!).....I went for it. I ETF'd my remaining Verizon contract and went to AT&T. And what HORRIFIC service they have!!!!! Oh my GOD! Its the worst I've ever seen in my LIFE! Yet.....I keep them. Yes, I keep them. (I would like all of you to read those last couple sentences as if you were William Shatner, you will then understand why I wrote them as I did). So yes, I enjoy the features of GSM and the AT&T 3G service on a Blackberry Bold 9000 and 9700. If, one day, Verizon has these same capabilities, I will switch back in a heartbeat. For now, I will suffer the dropped calls and keep what works for me.
    Thank you.
    PS: +1 on AG's advice. Just use what works for you in your area.

06-27-10 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD