I have a 9700. Wife has an 8900. We are on T Mobile. She hates her phone. I don't want to upgrade the 8900 until the 9780 or 9800 comes out. SO, I want to switch phones with her.

On the technical side, I know I need to do a backup on both phones and then wipe them, then switch sim cards. But what about apps? What about BBM, that keys off the phone, not the sim, right? What else am I missing?

I want this to go as smoothly as possible.
    08-28-10 06:56 AM
    Do a Back up of YOUR phone

then do a Device Switch Wizard of her phone, clearing her phone when done, she'll have everything transferred over, and you'll just need to update your phone and make sure you got everything
    08-28-10 07:46 AM
    I have a 9700. Wife has an 8900. We are on T Mobile. She hates her phone. I don't want to upgrade the 8900 until the 9780 or 9800 comes out. SO, I want to switch phones with her.

On the technical side, I know I need to do a backup on both phones and then wipe them, then switch sim cards. But what about apps? What about BBM, that keys off the phone, not the sim, right? What else am I missing?

I want this to go as smoothly as possible.
    BBM: There is an option where you can create a backup of your BBM contacts through the BBM application which will associate your backup with your default/preferred email. Once you wipe/restore OS on your wife's 8900 you will be prompted to restore your contacts when you open up the BBM. This will restore and resend the invitation to all your contacts and they will have to accept it so they can be successfully added.

Applications: If you purchased your apps from the Appworld then I believe your apps are associated with your Appworld Account. So when you switch over to the new phone, just log in and you can re download/activate your apps.
    08-28-10 10:00 AM
    Seems to have gone fairly uneventfully. Thanks.
    08-28-10 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD