I am thinking that I am going to want the Bold when it comes out in the US....the only problem is that I hav alltel and they won't get it right away I know and Alltel support won't even say if they plan on getting it. Also I just got a new contract since it expired so I would have to pay retail anyway. With my situation what would you say is the best way to go about getting a Bold?
    07-10-08 09:02 AM
    You answered your question already unless I'm misunderstanding it. You go to whatever store is selling it, pay full retail, unlock it to work with AllTel (make sure possible before buying), bask in the glory of the new bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 09:53 AM
    Well I'm not sure if there will be a cdma version for a while. You know its being released to att first? Its going to be while before anyone else gets it. At least a couple of months I would think.

07-10-08 10:19 AM
    If yo can't wait, then pay the ETF and go to another carrier. It will be much cheaper paying the ETF plus paying the reduced price with a new 2 year contract, than paying full price.
    Just my $0.02 worth.

07-10-08 10:24 AM
    ben...if you have alltel; a cdma version of the Bold would have to be flashed for it to work on alltel. That is assuming the Bold comes out on another cdma carrier before it comes to Alltel.

Then again, that's all wishful thinking for now...because the Bold with the cdma radio in it would have to be released for all this to even happen (who knows when that'll be).
    07-10-08 10:27 AM
    Yeah my dad has been thinking of changing to At&t for a while...not sure if it is going to happen. I was just wondering if there was going to be a place to get them at a better price or would it be the same everywhere?
    07-10-08 11:22 AM
    Just like hi-def said...you cannot get a bold until it comes out for alltel (verizon). Alltel uses cdma and all of the bold's that are coming out now (rogers, att, t-mobile) are all gsm. Can't be done my friend. You would definitely be better off switching carriers. Not to mention you would probably save money in the long run. I don't knoe about Alltel's plans but Verizon is the most expensive carrier around me.

07-11-08 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD