I'm struggling a little to find a good use for it, so either I don't get how it works or have no real need for it.

This is not meant as a knock against it as I'm trying to figure out if I'm using it right. With my 9900 I used the note pad a lot for grocery lists and small tasks and such then docs to go for documents. Now since BlackBerry 10 no longer comes with a note pad and uses remember instead I'm trying to use it but find it a little too cumbersome and complicated for note taking etc, so I'd like to here of your situations where you find it handy and why.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:15 PM
    I agree, Remember is too cumbersome but that is because they combined Tasks and Voice Recorder in with Notes.

Its nicely feature rich and can do more powerful things but sacrifices speed quite a bit.

As with most things BB10, I've learned to slow down and just deal with it. I don't have a choice if I want a keyboard and tool belt now do I.
    02-27-15 12:31 PM
    That's why there is third party apps that can take care of each of those things more efficiently you can get.
    02-27-15 12:51 PM
    I use remember all the time. For grocery lists it's great. I just check each item I've gotten as I shop and it checks and goes to the he bottom of the list. And each time I shop I scroll through my list and uncheck what I need. So it serves as a great list of things without having to think about what I need. I have tons of lists.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 02:06 PM
    I use Remember to keep track of accounts, bills, room measurements for my renos. ,Pictures of plumbing items I may need (better than any sketch!). I save items from Reddit, Chive, Rss savvy etc into remember, to show kids later, or to forward when I have time.
    I flag certain emails. I save web addresses. On and on....
    Remember is one of my top 5 apps. Absolutely indispensable!

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    stanhanks, Saulii and niss63 like this.
    02-27-15 02:13 PM
    Thanks everyone, Alajack how do you set your grocery list to do that? That would be very handy for many things I'd think.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 02:16 PM
    I use Remember app a lot work and home. It keeps me organized and sane!!

My family and I use BBM Groups for the grocery list. In that way we just have one list to work from.

Posted via Classic
    02-27-15 02:20 PM
    Aside from taking notes, I find sync with emails & calendar to be a nice feature. I use it for reminders as it states, appointments, professional memos etc.

Posted via CB 10 from rockin' Z30
    02-27-15 02:25 PM
    I use Remember app a lot work and home. It keeps me organized and sane!!

My family and I use BBM Groups for the grocery list. In that way we just have one list to work from.

Posted via Classic
    Good idea! I can't count the times my daughter requested an item, only to forget by the time I actually went shopping. BBM group grocery list! Love it.

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    02-27-15 03:50 PM
    Thanks OP and others for starting this discussion. I've found it cumbersome too but have heard of its great features. I'll give it another shot.
    (I love this keyboard! Would you believe it anticipated(?; it's late, I'm not thinking straight anymore) every word in that last sentence above?!)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:50 PM
    I use Remember in a variety of ways.

I use tasks usually for a list of errands or things to buy to which I regularly add or delete as I go.

For notes I have folders for school schedules and files. I have a folder where I jot down new vocabulary. And I have a folder for quotations that I like to collect.

In the home screen, I have a list of accounts.

Basically it can be used for any little idea you get and you need to quickly jot it down.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    02-28-15 02:10 AM
    At work, all the time. I could not manage several clients' multiple projects, requests, meetings, bills, etc without some integrated software. As one smart guy, Jerry Weinberg, warned consultants, "What you don't know may not hurt you, but what you don't remember always does."

My home country work environment generated insane amount of paperwork everywhere. If I kept all the stuff I work with, both as reference as well as output, on paper, I would have had to rent a vault with 24 hour security. I take pictures, and scan instead, and keep the stuff indexed in Remember. I still carry a laptop to clients, but hope to ditch it soon, thanks to Passport.

Even more important usage of Remember for me is making and developing long term personal plans (more for life overall, than for just business). Again, no paper.
    Saulii and niss63 like this.
    02-28-15 02:39 AM
    Read thru..

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=993703

Posted via my SEXY RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-28-15 03:08 AM
    Why?, to recycle those reminders of course. Collect dry cleaning, buy coffee beans, etc ....
    niss63 likes this.
    02-28-15 04:19 AM
    I hope they put Remember into Blend. Another feature I'm missing is to backup remember on the SD Card.

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-28-15 04:30 AM
    I use it as a wallet to hold my loyalty cards. Anything to help me carry around less plastic.

Starbucks
    Indigo
    Library card
    SCENE card
    Air miles

On my Z30 I can confirm they all work. If you need a template for your card, and your OK downloading Android apps, install Stocard. Insert your card details, take a screenshot, and then deleted Stocard.

Otherwise look for templates online or I can upload a few I made for myself. Please keep in mind if you end up using one of my templates you have to use the correct bar code format for it to work. Let me know

You could even snap pics of cards which have information you're requested for from time to time (e.g. Car insurance, AAA, blood donor card).
    ALToronto, thymaster and niss63 like this.
    02-28-15 06:26 AM
    I like the remember app only for the notes part because I can sync with Evernote

For the tasks, do they sync with anything? I tried with outlook/hotmail but I don't see them anywhere on the web version of outlook

The idea is that ideally don't back anything up, so I end up using calendar as a task list

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:28 AM
    For those using Remember for grocery list, try Ourgroceries app. A little gem I discovered years ago. It allows you to share your grocery list with other, so they could add/subtract and it is updated automatically on everyones list. One of my favourite apps.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    02-28-15 07:40 AM
    For those using Remember for grocery list, try Ourgroceries app. A little gem I discovered years ago. It allows you to share your grocery list with other, so they could add/subtract and it is updated automatically on everyones list. One of my favourite apps.

Posted via CB10
    We already use BBM groups for this.

For Remember, I've struggled on and off between using it and Evernote. I go with one for awhile, then I go with the other. As they are synced I can usually find everything, but I can't decide which I like better.

I should try using Remember more for tasks though.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:56 AM
    I tried to share an email to remember the other day so I could save it and not have to remotely search for it all the time, but it didn't work. I thought I had done it before but maybe I'm wrong. Was this ever a feature?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:00 AM
    I tried to share an email to remember the other day so I could save it and not have to remotely search for it all the time, but it didn't work. I thought I had done it before but maybe I'm wrong. Was this ever a feature?

Posted via CB10
    If you flag an email in the Hub, it will show up in Remember, in the Tasks folder under Flagged Messages.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Andy_bb_king and Marauder2 like this.
    02-28-15 09:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just flag it and it will be in the flagged messages folder under Tasks.

Posted via CB10
    Marauder2 likes this.
    02-28-15 09:09 AM
    I like these threads to get the best use from the built-in apps!

Posted via CB10
    Meshdow and last_attempt like this.
    02-28-15 09:37 AM
    I primarily use Remember as a Task Manager. I used to use SlickTask for a long time, until I learned about Remember's integration with the Calendar app. They have even further improved it in 10.3.x, where you can now create a new task right from within the Calendar. You no longer even need to open the Remember app!

By the way, I use Noted for my notes. It's a great app!
    02-28-15 09:47 AM
    Good idea! I can't count the times my daughter requested an item, only to forget by the time I actually went shopping. BBM group grocery list! Love it.

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    We also post group photos etc. And it's cross platform with BBM on Android and BlackBerry.

Posted via Classic
    02-28-15 09:55 AM
104 123 ...