I have just brought a Curve 9320 (sim free) to replace my old Curve 8250.

I am in the UK and have always been with Orange Pay as you Go. I have just found out from Orange that on Pay as you go they don't support Mobile Hotspot (tethering) for Blackberry's.

Do any of you also have a 7.1 device on a UK pay as you go network that allows tethering/mobile hotspot?
    02-07-13 01:37 PM
    Hate orange. Hate T-mobile. Hate Vodafone - although you couldn't doubt them on their great Freebies, but they're only useful if you're on Android. But personally, I like O2. I don't know what it is, but people in the shops seem more tech-savvy, whereas the guys in Vodafone specifically talk to you as if you know what you're doing; and when it comes to BlackBerry's, most don't. Since BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) isn't data sharing, it's BlackBerry's own servers. So, you need to sign up to that. But since BlackBerry's line never seems to work, you need to go through your carrier. All of them seem complected, and as I've mentioned Vodafone before, i'll say again - they have a BlackBerry Freebie, but it didn't work for me at all. So, finally, I think O2 is best. Their BlackBerry bolt on is simple. Get a sim and top up a tenner, and then text "BBBOLTON" to a number they'll give in-store (if you ask).
    02-07-13 03:35 PM
    Hate orange. Hate T-mobile. Hate Vodafone - although you couldn't doubt them on their great Freebies, but they're only useful if you're on Android. But personally, I like O2. I don't know what it is, but people in the shops seem more tech-savvy, whereas the guys in Vodafone specifically talk to you as if you know what you're doing; and when it comes to BlackBerry's, most don't. Since BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) isn't data sharing, it's BlackBerry's own servers. So, you need to sign up to that. But since BlackBerry's line never seems to work, you need to go through your carrier. All of them seem complected, and as I've mentioned Vodafone before, i'll say again - they have a BlackBerry Freebie, but it didn't work for me at all. So, finally, I think O2 is best. Their BlackBerry bolt on is simple. Get a sim and top up a tenner, and then text "BBBOLTON" to a number they'll give in-store (if you ask).
    Thank you for your advice. Does mobile hotspot work on o2 pay as you go?
    02-07-13 04:25 PM