I'm looking to get another phone but want a full touch screen. Love the BlackBerry Hub and ease of use. Looking at Android phones but found the S6 was a horrible choice when it came out. Any help would be great!
    03-30-17 08:33 AM
    DTEK 50/60

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 08:36 AM
    Best HUB experience is going to be on a BlackBerry branded phone.... for now the best SLAB is the DTEK60.
    03-30-17 09:01 AM
    Bought my son the Dtek50 to replace his Leap. Great device for $249 and he seems happy with it. And he is a heavy Hub user.
    03-30-17 09:25 AM
    Best HUB experience is going to be on a BlackBerry branded phone.... for now the best SLAB is the DTEK60.
    In your view, why is the native Hub better than the subscription Hub ?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 10:23 AM
    DTEK60 would probably be a good choice. I have the Priv after my Z30. I like the Priv and wanted to try the pkb. The essentials of Android won't be much different between S6 and any other Android phone though. Why didn't you like the S6?
    03-30-17 11:36 AM
    The native hub is incomparable because its accessibility from any part of the BlackBerry 10 OS but BlackBerry made a great job with the android app.
    03-30-17 11:47 AM
    Hmmm... might have to check out the DTEK's. I had the s6 for 5 days as a replacement phone. Chewed through 1G of data and battery was dead every 5-6 hours. Apparently there was always something running in the background. With the BB 10 os when a screen is closed, the app/program is too. Not with the Samsung. I didn't have the time to learn a new OS since I was away on vacation but still needed to access business and work emails. Anyway, I'll have to find something that runs somewhat similar to what I'm used to or take the time to relearn a new OS. On another side note, why do apps/programs stay open when you "close" them on Android? Seems like a waste to me.
    03-30-17 12:00 PM
    Hmmm... might have to check out the DTEK's. I had the s6 for 5 days as a replacement phone. Chewed through 1G of data and battery was dead every 5-6 hours. Apparently there was always something running in the background. With the BB 10 os when a screen is closed, the app/program is too. Not with the Samsung. I didn't have the time to learn a new OS since I was away on vacation but still needed to access business and work emails. Anyway, I'll have to find something that runs somewhat similar to what I'm used to or take the time to relearn a new OS. On another side note, why do apps/programs stay open when you "close" them on Android? Seems like a waste to me.
    Whether you use BlackBerry Android or Samsung, the OS will be different from BB10. It isn't what you're used to. BlackBerry basically added some apps and features onto Android but the UI isn't BB10.
    Maybe the S6 had an older version of Android? Marshmallow seems pretty good at optimizing apps. On my Priv I'm not running through data like you describe (maybe your S6 was syncing email accounts?).
    As for when apps are minimized, I believe they are suspended until you open them again. When the app is closed it's closed like on BB10. But both BB10 and Android allow apps to run in the background even when closed; for example in BB10 an app can be set to run headless to allow it to send notifications.
    03-30-17 12:55 PM
    In your view, why is the native Hub better than the subscription Hub ?

Posted via CB10
    Pricing
    Setup Issues

Neither is a deal breaker, as knowledge can get you around both.
    03-30-17 01:27 PM
    I went from the Z30 to the Dtek50 a few months ago. It is a learning curve, but decided to go for the Dtek50 first to learn on, then maybe upgrade to the Dtek60 or a newer one when available. I am getting used to it and am happy with my decision for several reasons:

1- price. Cheap enough that I wouldn't regret it too much if I hated it. (Actually traded 2 great BB10 phones for it, but still have 2 more left).

2- size. Afraid Dtek60 is too big, but will see when I'm ready to upgrade.

3- pretty good reviews and I agree it's a pretty nice phone.

4- a few BB10 characteristics that make me feel at home.
    03-30-17 06:35 PM