I am willing to pay what it takes if necessary and would like to know what the options are and what they cost/how good are they. Telenav has many pitfalls and I am wondering if it is really the best option to use on my BB. I don't mind paying to get service that is good and has all the normal features like voice prompt and business search. Thanks in advance
    12-29-07 09:23 PM
    IMO, TeleNav is the best.
    12-29-07 09:56 PM
    using mapquest navigator $4.95 a month and loving it.
    01-01-08 12:18 PM
    I like Google Maps and its free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-08 12:35 PM
    Google Maps is great for locations and search, and I use it myself, but for true voice prompted, turn by turn directions with automatic rerouting, etc., TeleNav or Mapquest or the like is necessary.
    01-01-08 12:45 PM
    I must say, when it comes to driving, and driving long distances for that matter, I am to put it bluntly, incompetent I can't remember anything, I'm constantly lost, making 500 phone calls and scrambling to get back on track. I just purchased TeleNav and I got to tell you, if your thinking about it and can afford it, do it. It is phenomenal, it got me where I needed to go with no problems, very easy to follow and the voice GPS is great. I'd highly recommend it.
    Last edited by GotThaTech3188; 01-03-08 at 11:12 PM.
    01-03-08 11:08 PM
    So I have the 8300 maps feature and I want to download gps where do I do this?

01-11-08 06:25 AM
    Yes TeleNav is absolutely the best, I have tried and tested almost all. I still keep Google Maps (love the Satellite views!)

@exotiktoni--Your profile says you have the 8310, which has built-in GPS. You can download a GPS app
    such as TeleNav here:
    TeleNav - Always find your way!
    01-11-08 06:45 AM
    I use Sprint Nav which is included in my plan.

01-11-08 07:02 AM
    I just downloaded the Garmin 30 day trial and am loving it so far. Has had a few tweeks when it needs to re-calculate, but so far hasn't got me lost. I will probably purchase it for $99 when the 30 day trial is up.
    01-11-08 07:45 AM
    I use google maps and BB maps.
    01-11-08 11:22 AM
    As i'm working in Thailand "Google Maps" is great but limited to the amount of favourites you can save. Not really suitable for the work i have to do when taking down various points and backing it up with photos from that location.

BB Maps do NOT have GPS map for Thailand.

Trying out the GPSed "beta" version to track my movements and then pin my photos to "Google Earth". Downloaded it yeaterday and still in trial mode.
    01-12-08 06:23 PM
    I just realized that Sprint Nav is operated by Telenav so I guess its cool!
    01-12-08 11:29 PM
    Been using TN for several months now and I really like it. They take a lot of crap on their user forum site from some folks, but my sense is that it's a very small percentage of TN users. I am interested, though, in Garmin's monthly fee option.
    01-15-08 08:34 AM
    Not read into Garmin too much. I only saw the $99/year payment plan. Which is definately cheaper than the Telenav $9.99 monthly option. But I think I read where Telenav also has a $99/year plan.
    01-16-08 08:29 AM
    does anybody have the link to google maps, i need to download it for my 8310 curve. thanks
    02-01-08 04:53 PM
    Telenav sounds pretty cool. For the 8320 is an additional gps receiver needed. In my are through google it can get up to a mille off. Or can I download telenav and go. (T mobile-curve)

02-05-08 03:44 PM
    Live Search Mobile is great, free, works well with bluetooth GPS receivers.
    02-18-08 05:12 PM
    I am an absolute addict when it comes to navigation and mapping applications. I use Telenav, Telmap, Yahoo Maps and Google Maps more regularly than you can imagine. Telenav is by far the sleekest of the group and for driving (safely) it works pretty great. The one problem is it is constantly updating the route. It seems to update the route right when you need to make the turn. The other problem is inputing the address in is a bit annoying and you can't cut and paste an address into the field because it tries to have it put into it's own format. I am finding it more and more frustrating, especially the route update at the worst possible time. The next one is Telmap, Mapquest's mobile mapping application. This one isn't as sleek as Telenav, but it downloads the entire route initially. The download is a little longer, but once the route is in, it doesn't re-download every couple of minutes, unless you go far off route. It is a lot more consistent than Telenav and you can cut and paste an address into the address field easily. It's probably the best of the premier mapping apps. The other one is yahoo maps, it's pretty nice but you have to have the whole yahoo operating system in the phone and that is a bit annoying. Lastly is google maps. If you are walking or looking a place up, it is the best. The satellite aspect is really cool as well. The scary thing is, if you are driving, the Telmap or Telenav is by far the safest option. There you have it.
    02-20-08 01:02 PM
    And Garmin is far better than all of them. Check out a 30 day trial, you won't be disappointed.
    02-20-08 02:44 PM
    I just downloaded it. I look forward to trying it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    02-20-08 03:34 PM
    I can't get the Garmin demo, so I can't compare it with TN. Anyone used both?

Patrick
    02-26-08 03:40 PM
    I can't get the Garmin demo, so I can't compare it with TN. Anyone used both?

Patrick
    Bump for that question!

-Evan
    04-23-08 02:39 PM
    For those looking for free GPS on your BlackBerry check out Amaze and Nav4all. I'm not going to say that there as good as TeleNav or Garmin but they will get you where you need to go for sure.
    04-24-08 03:16 PM
    For those looking for free GPS on your BlackBerry check out Amaze and Nav4all. I'm not going to say that there as good as TeleNav or Garmin but they will get you where you need to go for sure.
    I've used both Amaze and Nav4All on my Verizon 8830 with puck. I've had problems with VERY long loading and processing times with Amaze. It also had a frustrating time delay latency when scrolling to menu items (wrong one would be chosen). It also has non-standard Blackberry-type controls.

So far I've travelled a couple thousand miles with Nav4All and it has worked flawlessly and accurately for me. AND it stays locked onto the bluetooth GPS signal!
    04-24-08 04:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD