Oh no sorry not bitter. I have never been one to ever do anything with a girl after the breakup.
    03-06-08 12:22 AM
    Well i have no regrets, everything is a lesson and i wouldnt change a thing....plus i have to blackberries now
    03-06-08 12:24 AM
    bitter sweet, sh*t relationship are a bit overrated
    I know that. I also learned the hard way. 3 yrs and 1/2 gone down the drain...

But life's better when you have no strings attached.

Regrets? Pffffft.
    03-06-08 12:26 AM
    Yikes!! I can only speak from personal experience with an ex and a phone. We were on the same account so when we broke up it was such a hassle!! I didn't wanna change my number and he didn't either so we tried to keep it together and (since the account was in his name) I just paid my part of the bill...only problem was he didn't pay his!! OMG I would never do that again!! It took forever but I finally got off his (he had to request the removal). I say, take your phone and she is outta luck! Have fun with the double shot of crack!! (:
    03-06-08 02:52 AM
    Definitely take it back...Its yours!!!!
    03-06-08 08:32 AM
    I agree...the phone's yours. But if you'd allowed her to keep it and she ran up the bill and refused to pay, you could have called to get on Judge Judy or one of those court shows in order to sort it out. That or a Springer show, I guess... I can just see the title now:

"My ex stole my Berry...and she won't give it back!"
    03-06-08 09:59 AM
    I just hope my berry comes home unharmed
    03-06-08 11:30 AM
    **** hath no fury and all that...

it will probably come back disintegrated or powdered...

-db
    03-06-08 11:33 AM
    i'm still singing the Folgers song... I wonder why the little Columbian man on the donkey hasn't showed up at my office yet...
    03-06-08 11:44 AM
    that's jaun valdez....

-db
    03-06-08 11:51 AM
    man give her back the phone and just tell her to keep up the bill and if she doesn't then yes take, but for the most part, your and " Indian giver ".

its wrong to give someone a gift and take it back b/c it didn't work out, sh*t i should get all the money i've spent on girlfriends at malls, movies, bills etc over the years.

now if she doesn't want to pay the bill, then enjoy your new/used toy
    LOL, I've seen enough court shows to know that d*mn right, you get the phone back...it's the easiest way these days to mess over an ex--wreck their credit through the cell phone they gave you....and bbs are NOT cheap phones.

As a woman, I'd take back the phone I gave a man, or cut the service.....and I would give a man back the phone he gave to me--I did it to my ex.
    03-06-08 12:28 PM
    After you have been single for a bit and gone through a few people, a casual hookup might not be bad. I am talking about years here. Of course you can't see it right now. And of course, you might meet a woman who is so dope that you never have to even think about another. But until that point, my logic holds.

And I would pay to see SCARFACE on the bigscreen any day of the week. I have the video, the DVD, the video game. I think that you need a better metaphor.
    That's because you think Scarface is a good movie(and btw, I agree).....if he thought his gf was a good movie (to stay with your metaphor), he'd still be with her.

They are not (in Ross and Rachel terms), "taking a break" they are breaking UP....which if BOTH parties are smart means no booty calls.
    03-06-08 12:33 PM
    if he thought his gf was a good movie (to stay with your metaphor), he'd still be with her.
    I was inclined to make that same point yesterday, but then thought I'd better just cut my losses and strike it up to those crazy Verizon peoples!
    03-06-08 12:51 PM
    haha you make valid points, but from my point of view, what person ever completely gives up on a relationship until the other person is with someone else?

obviously at one point they were happy together and now they cant stand each other..

well most of the time people have second thoughts and thats when the ex-booty call chimes in and hey its actually pretty awesome, there is no cuddling necassary etc.. then they start chatting again and then they remember why they hate the other person...it can sometimes potentially enforce closure..which can be a good thing i guess...
    03-06-08 12:57 PM
    I'm certainly not looking down on you guys who are advocating the ex-booty call.

It's just not something I'd be interested in. The OP doesn't sound like he's inclined to indulge in it either.

[Insert dirty old man tone]Oh course none of my ex's ever looked quite as good as you do hal![/dirty old man tone off]

Haha
    03-06-08 01:50 PM
    with every choice lies a consequence.

but in all seriousness, good luck with whatever you decide!
    03-06-08 02:24 PM
    [Insert dirty old man tone]Oh course none of my ex's ever looked quite as good as you do hal![/dirty old man tone off]

Haha
    hahahaha and im sure that's a lie
    03-06-08 02:29 PM
    That's because you think Scarface is a good movie(and btw, I agree).....if he thought his gf was a good movie (to stay with your metaphor), he'd still be with her.

They are not (in Ross and Rachel terms), "taking a break" they are breaking UP....which if BOTH parties are smart means no booty calls.

The original point was if someone has a movie in their collection, why go see it at the theatre.

If that point had been about a sucky movie in their collection, or getting rid of the movie...then maybe. Point is that the movie is in the collection.

But whatever. It is a splitting of hairs...and my past experiences with late-night ex-booty calls have been positive. So much so, that I would advocate them.

And Hal is right, it is a wonderful way to close a door. No more anger and mud-slinging, but a deep down realization that the thing won't work, and you have pushed it as far as you can push it.

Verizon's slogan should be "To each his or her own."
    03-06-08 03:11 PM
    Well my phone arrived today!!! Thats the good news.....can you guess the bad?????
    03-06-08 07:15 PM
    If the contract is in his name, leaving the phone with her and telling her to "keep up with the bill" is just asking for trouble.

Oh man, I totally agree. I broke up with my first girl five years ago. At that point of time (since it was my first, I was lacking experience), I was being the nice guy and said that she could keep the phone I bought for her and she could keep using the phone until she decided to change her number.

For the next two months, everything was still normal (her bill was still in the affordable range). But on the third month, she racked up triple her normal usage amount. I went nuts. Tried to call her after that but she changed her number already.

Ever since then, a break up means 'You get on with YOUR own life. Give me back everything".
    03-06-08 08:05 PM
    Well my phone arrived today!!! Thats the good news.....can you guess the bad?????
    There goes your plan to have use two BB's at the same time...
    03-06-08 08:07 PM
    Did she break it or did it crack in the mail?? If she did it, what a b-!

And hey, don't anyone here hate on ex-sex. That stuff can do wonders.
    03-06-08 10:56 PM
    "Denise23 - Carrier: Verizon"

SEE! I'm telling you it's a Verizon thing!
    03-07-08 07:51 AM
    I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years. Sad times but what makes them 150% better is that i get back the 8700g that i bought her! Since i dont want to end the contract early i will be keeping it and keeping the data package. Its like a junkie with 2 handfuls of crack instead of 1! Does anybody think that i should be feeling guilty for being so happy????? Would anybody trade their boyfriend/girlfriend for another blackberry????
    You are lucky she didn't give it to a crack head and let him run up a 1000 dollar bill on it.
    03-07-08 09:01 AM
    damn man, what did u do?

just tell me u didn't get caught on cheaters
    03-07-08 11:15 AM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD