Since blackberry is probably over and there may well be lack of support, which OS should a BB user switch to? At the moment all I see is android - iphone is just way overpriced and too small screen, windows phone I basically don't like the OS at all and it has a massive lack of apps.

So which is worth moving to, for someone who needs to type a lot like long emails.
    09-27-13 07:22 AM
    Since blackberry is probably over and there may well be lack of support, which OS should a BB user switch to? At the moment all I see is android - iphone is just way overpriced and too small screen, windows phone I basically don't like the OS at all and it has a massive lack of apps.

So which is worth moving to, for someone who needs to type a lot like long emails.
    Get the photon q
    09-27-13 07:24 AM

It seems as though you hate/dislike iOS and Windows Phone 8. Doesn't that pretty much leave you with Android? Unless you want to wait and see how Firefox, Tizen, and the other new players do.
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-27-13 07:38 AM
    I'm a tech head who likes to tweak. I liked that about BB. I like that about Android, maybe even more because there's just so much you can do with it. Not saying you can't be a tech head and have an iPhone, but . . . just sayin'.
    09-27-13 07:51 AM
    I'll stick with BB long after it's over (if it's over) I'll buy used Z10's and Z30s here and there.
    09-27-13 07:52 AM
    Get the photon q
    Seems a bit outdated and with low specs. Also doesn't particularly look good. If Samsung or HTC made a nice looking one with a 4.7"+ screen and flagship specs I probably would get it.
    09-27-13 08:00 AM
    I'm not sure what it will be but I may just buy a couple of Z30's and keep them if they go cheap. Once my Z10 fails I will start using them...

Posted via CB10
    big_time2, nevertoofar and badiyee like this.
    09-27-13 08:57 AM
    Dreading the day I have to go back to the S3 if BlackBerry winds up. I hope they won't, cos the Z10 has been just too good..

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:37 AM
    I like having my phone and tablet using the same OS . I will be looking at buying a Nexus or a Iphone. We have those two tablets.
    09-27-13 09:41 AM
    You research, test out and keep trying different operating systems, until you find the one that fits the best and works most efficiently in your own personal life. Not what we say on the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:43 AM
    The Bundy 9 is a great phone

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-27-13 09:45 AM
    Why would you want to switch? Who said Blackberry was over?
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-27-13 10:03 AM
    The most popular phones are all the same, with slightly different user experiences. Its up to you to figure out what OS issues you can live with.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    09-27-13 10:05 AM
    i think still Android kit kat
    09-27-13 10:09 AM
    but said that no one comes near 10.2 bb os
    09-27-13 10:10 AM
    it is far better than rest of crowd,still the company on the brink of extinction,sounds very bad after so many years of glory
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-27-13 10:11 AM
    This is where the problems come in to play when statements like "blackberry is over" are made. I understand your question and if you are looking to go to another platform that is your choice. I have used a windows phone and Android before and only used them for a short time because I missed the performance and the way blackberry handles emails and messaging and other things that are native to the platform that I was getting apps for on the other platforms. I have friends who use Iphones and I have messed with them but really was not interested in owning one. With that said, If you are looking to switch I would go to a store that has working models and test drive them. If it is apps you want (I am not really a app guy so I look at phones a little different) then android might be the way to go. If you want some good integration with windows then I would look at the windows phones but they do lack apps so you would have to be careful there. I will keep using and buying blackberry as long as they are selling and supporting the phones. I think with them going private things are going to get better. Best of luck to you in what you choose.
    09-27-13 10:20 AM
    BB10 is still the most powerfull OS around, so no way to compare with others, May be iOS linked to the hardware!
    Keep my Q10 and for sur BBRY Will survive this!

Posted via CB10
    nevertoofar and npunk42 like this.
    09-27-13 10:33 AM
    In a perfect world, Apple would buy BB and integrate the BB email platform and document folders allowing for real email and the grabbing of attachments after an email is composed. Add that to the already simple approach of iOS and you have a REAL winning combination. Better still is the iOS ecosystem that is in place and you will be able to say bye bye Windows Phone and watching Android slip further and further into the abyss... Just my thoughts... MJB
    09-27-13 11:26 AM
    I think I'm going all in with windows after blackberry
    09-27-13 11:30 AM
    Which is the best mobile OS to switch to after blackberry?
    BlackBerry 10

iPhones are way overpriced and bad build quality, and Android: java. You'll see soon
    09-27-13 11:32 AM
    Since blackberry is probably over and there may well be lack of support, which OS should a BB user switch to?
    If you liked the legacy features in BBOS (profiles, automated bedside mode, BeBuzz type notifications, etc.), you can recreate most of them with Android using popular apps. I'm not sure iOS has that kind of flexibility. And many/most Androids have a notification LED.

For input, SwiftKey with Flow (swype-typing) is fantastic for swiping out long emails. Not everyone likes it, but for those that do... it's pretty amazing.
    09-27-13 11:47 AM

Nokia Series40. Go on, you deserve it.
    Last edited by David Murray1; 09-27-13 at 02:19 PM. Reason: lol
    shahyaz and bennelong like this.
    09-27-13 11:52 AM
    Blackberry is not gone yet. And by the time they might be gone, the mobile landscape is likely to be significantly different. Don't make plans just yet, unless you are jumping ship early... and you would be jumping ship early right now.
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-27-13 02:11 PM
    This is where the problems come in to play when statements like "blackberry is over" are made. I understand your question and if you are looking to go to another platform that is your choice. I have used a windows phone and Android before and only used them for a short time because I missed the performance and the way blackberry handles emails and messaging and other things that are native to the platform that I was getting apps for on the other platforms. I have friends who use Iphones and I have messed with them but really was not interested in owning one. With that said, If you are looking to switch I would go to a store that has working models and test drive them. If it is apps you want (I am not really a app guy so I look at phones a little different) then android might be the way to go. If you want some good integration with windows then I would look at the windows phones but they do lack apps so you would have to be careful there. I will keep using and buying blackberry as long as they are selling and supporting the phones. I think with them going private things are going to get better. Best of luck to you in what you choose.
    I think the OP wants to say is what phone will you buy if and when BlackBerry folds up and no new phones are available. Let's face it that 2 years down the line, if BlackBerry folds, our phones will need replacement. Till I have my BlackBerry working I am not going to part with it. What about after? Is there an OS which is comparable to what we expect them to have. Messaging, mailing, etc etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 02:26 PM
35 12