Whats the best size media card for a bb?
    12-13-10 03:08 PM
    I got a 2gb in my Curve 3G.
    12-13-10 03:10 PM
    Depends on what Os you are running. I'll see if I can find the chart for you. Brand wise I stuck with what oem was, Sandisk. Be right back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 03:10 PM
    Here's the link originally posted here by Motorcycle Mama.

KB05461-MicroSD media card sizes supported by BlackBerry Device Software versions

pkcable likes this.
    12-13-10 03:13 PM
    Your device can handle up to the latest available, which is currently up to 32 gb with a 5.0 OS.

12-13-10 03:19 PM
    I'd recommend an 8 or 16 they can be found at reasonable costs. 32s still have a cost premium, and do you REALLY have that much media that you want to store on your BB? I have a 16 and it's about half full.
    12-13-10 03:24 PM
    The other thing that you will want to be interested in the class of the card. The class is a number in relationship to how fast the SD card can upload and download the information. Since Blackberries do not store any of a the data information on the SDCard itself a class 2 or class 4 would be okay. But if you plan on storing alot of pictures/videos or music you might want a class6. Anything faster than that would be over kill.
    Last edited by syb0rg; 12-14-10 at 08:00 AM.
    12-13-10 03:30 PM
    I recommend a class 2 or 4. The higher classifications are reserved for CPU's with a lot more processing power or so I have read.

12-13-10 04:15 PM
    FWIW, I had a 16 GB Class 6 in my 9530 and am currently using a 16 GB Class 2 that came with my 9550. I have never been able to tell any difference in speed. I don't think the BB's can take advantage of the extra speed.

12-13-10 05:32 PM
    the higher the class the faster you can store yes
    but on a blackberry the camara is so slow reloading it wouldnt make a difference you only need a high class when shooting with a slr and rapid photos

so to be honest i dont think it would make a differece but correct me if im wrong
    12-13-10 05:35 PM
    FWIW, I had a 16 GB Class 6 in my 9530 and am currently using a 16 GB Class 2 that came with my 9550. I have never been able to tell any difference in speed. I don't think the BB's can take advantage of the extra speed.

the higher the class the faster you can store yes
    but on a blackberry the camara is so slow reloading it wouldnt make a difference you only need a high class when shooting with a slr and rapid photos

so to be honest i dont think it would make a differece but correct me if im wrong
    The added advantage would come into play if you plan on storing ALOT of music or ALOT of photographs on the phone. that is why i said
    But if you plan on storing alot of pictures/videos or music you might want a class6. Anything faster than that would be over kill.
    Because you can read/write movies, pictures, songs to the card from a PC/Mac/Linux faster. You also have to think of how you would get that media to and off of the device itself.

For the typical user anything over a class 4 would be over kill.
    12-14-10 08:01 AM
    12-14-10 02:35 PM
    Depends on how much music you have. I only gave a 1gb Sandisk in mine and just use it for pictures and files. Dont want to take my BB while working out and break it so just use my cheap mp3 player for music.
    12-14-10 03:18 PM
    I have a 16GB card in my 9650 and I would have a 32GB card if the cost wasn't outrageous. Why? I just took a 5 day round-trip from Massachusetts to Las Vegas. Before I left Massachusetts, I made sure I had plenty of podcasts downloaded and ready for listening (in some case, watching) and I even threw a couple of movies on the card, just in case. My BlackBerry has about 4,000 mp3 songs stored on the card. Who knows what I'll be in the mood to listen to? Why not make sure I have all my bases covered?

My point is: You've got a device that is capable of doing a lot. Since the cost of a 16GB card is reasonable, I see no reason NOT to have one installed. Heck, I've even been known to toss a copy of RAR'ed computer software on my card when I'm visiting a friend and he needs a copy of something - instead of carrying a USB/Thumb-Drive.

The possibilities are endless when you have a massive amount of storage. Again, once the cost of 32GB card drops - or we start seeing a new format instead of microSD being used that can go even higher than 32GB, I'll be increasing the size of my card, for sure...
    12-14-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD