01-29-11 02:31 PM
32 12
tools
    Can I get some opinions on what people find to be the best BB keyboard? I have large hands and my Storm keyboard is a constant type and delete with me, so I'm looking for not necessarily larger keys but maybe more space between them and so forth. So far I've read that the Curve has the best keyboard of all BBs.

I'm looking to switch to Sprint so if you can chime in on the Curve and Bold, that would be perfect.
    01-22-11 06:15 PM
    83xx series probably, especially if you have big hands. Not available new from Sprint anymore, so you could pick up a used one if you wanted.
    01-22-11 06:18 PM
    83xx series probably, especially if you have big hands. Not available new from Sprint anymore, so you could pick up a used one if you wanted.
    Okay, so add a new requirement: I'm looking for a new phone.
    01-22-11 06:26 PM
    The Curve is more spacious, but the Bold is just as good once you get used to it. The Style from Sprint has raised keys like the Bold but a bit more room.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 06:34 PM
    the 8900 has had the best keypad of all time.

I like the keys on my 9700 too though.
    01-22-11 06:35 PM
    On Verizon, I find the Bold works best for me. The keys are a little larger than on the Curve.
    01-22-11 06:40 PM
    OP: I've heard mixed reviews. I'd say best bet is to go to the store and do some "hands on" research! see which device fits your hands better
    01-22-11 06:44 PM
    I personally feel like the 9700 has the best keyboard, but that is what I am currently using. You can get used to just about anything if you use it long enough. I never thought I would like anything other than the 88xx series keyboard, but here I am, bragging about the 9700.
    01-22-11 06:50 PM
    8310 8520 9700 9800 in that order

01-22-11 07:52 PM
    I agree with this. I have big hands and I can type very fast with 83xx, which I can't do otherwise on most other phones..
    01-22-11 08:06 PM
    The storm with the the reduced keyboard in portrait has the largest "keys" I think on any phone. They look to be over a quarter inch each. I know there not physical but with predictive typing or SureType seems to be a winner to me.

My bad I see you said larger keys not really the issue. My bad my blunder hehehe
    01-22-11 08:54 PM
    The storm with the the reduced keyboard in portrait has the largest "keys" I think on any phone. They look to be over a quarter inch each. I know there not physical but with predictive typing or SureType seems to be a winner to me.

My bad I see you said larger keys not really the issue. My bad my blunder hehehe
    I went back and added the 'maybe more space' because the problem with my typing on the Storm is my thumbs cover such a large area I cannot directly press on the letter I want but instead usually get the letter to the left of what I want. This is why I think a physical keyboard is what I need because at least I can feel the letter I'm typing.
    01-23-11 01:30 AM
    I have pretty fat thumbs and while the Bold keyboard works okay for me, what I really miss is using SureType on my old Storm and Storm2. I was really fast with that set-up. I think I would be just as happy with a Pearl 3G if one were available for Verizon, but all for naught...
    01-23-11 02:01 AM
    How can you have this convo without mentioning the Pearl 3G?

By far, hands down the easiest to use. Its the main reason I had the 8220 & it was the deciding factor in the upgrade to the 9100.
    01-23-11 02:02 AM
    The Pearl series (81xx and Pearl 3G) without doubt. The Bold 9000 would come in second.

01-23-11 06:11 AM
    It's tough adding the Pearl series into consideration, though, since you have to deal with the fact that it's not an actual QWERTY. It depends on your preferences, but for me that's a huge turn-off, so the increased key size isn't really a benefit.

I personally really like the Curve-style keys, with separation between them. It's always been the easiest for me to use. My last few BlackBerries have been in the Bold series (9700 and now 9650) and while the keys are good, I still highly prefer those on the 8320 and 8520.
    01-23-11 11:53 AM
    It's tough adding the Pearl series into consideration, though, since you have to deal with the fact that it's not an actual QWERTY. It depends on your preferences, but for me that's a huge turn-off, so the increased key size isn't really a benefit.
    I discounted the Pearl for the same reasons. SureType just did not work for me and it wasn't something I could get used to.
    01-24-11 03:31 AM
    My favorite was the 8330, being the first, and all. Had a lil' trouble adapting to the Tour, but after a while, it was pretty decent. However, I have really taken well to the keyboard on the Style, being the same width as the Bold-series (9K excluded), but with a taller keyboard overall. I managed to come across a 9780 for some comparison Saturday night, and put together, the keyboard section of the Style was identical (or indistinguishable) in size (overall width) to the smaller Bold, but the height of the keys gives the Style a big edge, and the 'feel' of the keys is very close. I didn't go with the 9650 because it wasn't a big enough difference from the Tour, while they crammed the keyboard even tighter to fit the trackpad in there. Not having the trackpad and keyboard jammed up against the screen is actually very nice.

01-24-11 06:09 AM
    My favorite keyboard would be the 8900 keyboard. Love that keyboard to death!!! If only the 9650 had it....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-24-11 08:39 AM
    It appears even though the Bold is a minority favorite, the Curve is by far the hands down winner of the keyboard battle here.
    01-26-11 02:19 AM
    It depends, it seems you may benefit from having space between the keys, so therefore a Curve would be best. However, I would go into your local Verizon store and try them all out. Also, for bigger fingers, have you tried the Desire Z or 7 Pro. Or are you someone who wants a new BlackBerry and nothing else? Might be worth trying out the Desire Z if you can. Then if you don't like the Android software on it or it's not for you, then fair game.
    01-26-11 02:52 AM
    I think BB BOLD series!
    01-26-11 03:38 AM
    It depends, it seems you may benefit from having space between the keys, so therefore a Curve would be best. However, I would go into your local Verizon store and try them all out. Also, for bigger fingers, have you tried the Desire Z or 7 Pro. Or are you someone who wants a new BlackBerry and nothing else? Might be worth trying out the Desire Z if you can. Then if you don't like the Android software on it or it's not for you, then fair game.
    Well no offence but he is asking this in a blackberry forum, why the need to suggest an Android?

Bold 9000 by far has the best keyboard, 9700 and 9780 are good but if you switch back and forth between them you really notice how much better the 9000 is.

01-26-11 04:59 AM
    My favorite keyboard would be the 8900 keyboard. Love that keyboard to death!!! If only the 9650 had it....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    agree! i loved that keyboard back when i still had my 8900. i always preferred having spaces between the keys, so the bold-style of keyboard never appealed to me. i do think the curve line has the best keyboard out there.
    01-26-11 05:43 PM
    The Pearl. Definitely.
    01-26-11 05:46 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD