I have been searching for one for a while now, and finally I found one that works. The site says it is only for the Curve and not the Storm, but it works great on the Storm.

here is the link... EveryTrail Blog

everything uploads to EveryTrail - GPS Travel Community, Share your GPS Tracks, Geotag your photos
    03-02-09 11:59 AM
    You can try GPSed...I'm using that and haven't had any trouble. It has a post back function to let others know where you are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 12:26 PM
    You can try GPSed...I'm using that and haven't had any trouble. It has a post back function to let others know where you are.

Yeah that was one of the first one I tried... I wasn't all that crazy about it.

I am still trying to replace reperion and noniGPS, which I had on my WM phone.

I was not at all impressed with GPSed. Instamapper is ok, but it is more for driving. Sanoodi was very close, I really liked the online community stuff, but their app was lacking.

What I really like about the one I posted is the display. It updates our speed, distance, etc so you can see it while you are running. The only thing lacking is that it isn't made specific for the storm yet and it doesn't update your status live online
    03-02-09 06:12 PM
    i like gpsed but it wont update to the website and i have all of my login info setup i dunno why its not working
    03-08-09 08:32 AM
    What is this app? Track your jogging route? Like if you forget? I sippuse you can track distance and time too which I guess is cool

03-08-09 09:31 AM
    Anyone able to sign up or sign in from their phone? Every time I try, it fails instantly with error message 'null' - so it has stored my routes beautifully on the phone, but I can't access them or upload them
    03-12-09 07:49 AM
    I use them to track my time and distance.
    I don't do laps and my route can very.
    Its also cool to let people keep track of you online [facebook] if you are in a long race.

What is this app? Track your jogging route? Like if you forget? I sippuse you can track distance and time too which I guess is cool

03-12-09 08:22 AM
    How do you get people keeping track via Facebook?

03-12-09 08:26 AM
    Gpsed sends your route to an online google maps mash up if you want.
    It can also post a link directly on your facebook page for you.
    You need a free account for each site. It'll ask you whenvrt you start a new route.

How do you get people keeping track via Facebook?

03-12-09 08:50 AM
    Anyone able to sign up or sign in from their phone? Every time I try, it fails instantly with error message 'null' - so it has stored my routes beautifully on the phone, but I can't access them or upload them

No I think you have to sign up on their website. I did and it works great. I hope they come out with a storm specific version so it doesn't have to run in compatibility mode, and many they could add live updates to the web, but other than that it is perfect.
    03-12-09 09:37 AM
    What method do you use to carry your Storm while running? I have never carried a device of this size while running and am curious to know of a comfortable way to do so.
    03-12-09 09:57 AM
    What method do you use to carry your Storm while running? I have never carried a device of this size while running and am curious to know of a comfortable way to do so.

I have a generic arm sleeve that it fits into. I couldn't find one specifically made for the storm, but that was about a month ago so maybe something is available now.

I have also heard that ones for the biggest zunes may also work.
    03-12-09 10:20 AM
    I have a generic arm sleeve that it fits into. I couldn't find one specifically made for the storm, but that was about a month ago so maybe something is available now.

I have also heard that ones for the biggest zunes may also work.
    Thanks, I will check into one of these. Is the arm sleeve made for a Blackberry, just a different model?
    03-12-09 10:38 AM
    is this free?
    03-12-09 10:45 AM
    Forget what I said about every trail, Sanoodi is now the best... again.

When I first tried this app, it was in compatibility mode. I searched and found out they had a storm version, which I already had. For some reason, it defaults in compatibility mode, so once you disable it, it works better than every trail. Also their site allows you to edit your track, so if you get those crazy readings from walking around tall buildings in a city, you can fix it and it adjusts your distances.

Try it out... http://www.sanoodi.com
    03-12-09 11:20 AM
    is this free?

Yes, both are free.
    03-12-09 11:21 AM
    Thanks, I will check into one of these. Is the arm sleeve made for a Blackberry, just a different model?

It didn't have any specific brand on it, the storm just happened to fit into it. But I would like to find a Storm specific one
    03-12-09 11:22 AM
    03-12-09 11:57 AM
    I too like Sanoodi the best for tracking my runs. I've been using it for a month or so now and it seems to be working just fine. It has a few little bugs, but the route uploader is pretty nice and the user community seems larger than at Everytrail.

I am hoping that a MapMyRun app will be released soon for Blackberry.

As for the armband, do a search for "armband for workout" or something to that effect in the Storm forum. Someone uploaded a photo of a cheap armband from Target made for the iPhone that seems to do the job OK for me.
    03-12-09 12:06 PM
    An old 60gb ipod sleve padded with some playing cards.

03-12-09 12:22 PM
    No I think you have to sign up on their website. I did and it works great. I hope they come out with a storm specific version so it doesn't have to run in compatibility mode, and many they could add live updates to the web, but other than that it is perfect.
    I signed up on their site, but it still won't log in on the app

03-12-09 01:24 PM
    meh, I'll stick with GPSed, as the app gives far more information than Sanoodi and appears to give evrything Everytrail does, if not more.
    03-12-09 01:44 PM
    With GPSEd I get very inconsistent upload success

With Sanoodi I lose my settings every time I exit the SMap app

Anyone else?

03-12-09 01:50 PM
    As for an armband case... This one works well, it is a pretty tight fit though:

w ww.rei.com/product/760138
    03-12-09 01:53 PM
    With GPSEd I get very inconsistent upload success

With Sanoodi I lose my settings every time I exit the SMap app

Anyone else?

I just tried a test with GPSed where I created a track and am having problems uploading it. On one of my attempts it said it completed, but when I logged into their site I did not see any tracks saved.

I am new to this so I could be doing something wrong
    03-12-09 01:55 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD