what's the best html email viewer?
    07-28-08 02:58 PM
    3 choices -

BBSmart email viewer: I used this one, very nice.

Empower Pro or Std: I tried the Standard version, not bad at all.

Upgrade to OS 4.5: My current HTML viewer, and love it.

Between BBSmart and Empower, not a huge difference IMO- both work well.
    07-28-08 03:00 PM
    3 choices -

BBSmart email viewer: I used this one, very nice.

Empower Pro or Std: I tried the Standard version, not bad at all.

Upgrade to OS 4.5: My current HTML viewer, and love it.

Between BBSmart and Empower, not a huge difference IMO- both work well.
    Ditto! .55 to be exact
    07-28-08 03:02 PM
    I tried a trial of BBSmart today and am not caring for it. It takes forever to download the images. I thought is was going to be instant or fastER anyways.

Also ever since I installed it my Berry has been draggin' some serious A$$.

Is bbsmart the same for you guys? I have not tried empower yet < but its got to be better than bbsmart
    07-28-08 08:11 PM
    the CDMA user who is the OP doesnt have the option of the last. CDMA 4.5 is not released. I used Empower and BB Smart and both performed what they were intended too well. OS 4.5 will bring true HTML email and it works a bit better than the other two apps for rendering the emails.
    07-28-08 08:19 PM
    the CDMA user who is the OP doesnt have the option of the last. CDMA 4.5 is not released.
    Well, I believe the option is there regardless of the circumstance.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 07-28-08 at 10:22 PM.
    07-28-08 10:17 PM
    I have 4.5 and I'm CDMA Curve... does that mean HTML will not work?
    07-28-08 10:20 PM
    Empower pro is great. Lots of options to customize, no icon, automatically takes over e-mail. Very nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 10:24 PM
    Is 4.55 available for CDMA (Verizon)?
    07-30-08 12:56 AM
    anyone know when 4.55 is coming to CDMA users(Sprint).
    07-30-08 01:25 AM
    I'm totally confussed about the new os. Is it avilible for verizon? And if so, please tell me how do get it. I'm so teck challenge it isn't funny. Lol ya!

Lindaga35
    07-30-08 01:39 AM
    Empower pro is great. Lots of options to customize, no icon, automatically takes over e-mail. Very nice.

I use empower pro ,also. I really like it. There is a free trial at the Crackberry store.

07-30-08 01:45 AM
    I did the Empower Pro trial for a few days. It seemed to integrate nicely, made messages easier to read, and really cleaned up emails with links.

My impression is that the app did slow down the whole system. I got hourglasses more frequently and swithing apps seemed to drag. I haven't seen an hourglass since I uninstalled it.

I'll be loading up BBSmart today just to compare.

4.5 will be loaded as soon as I get the time.

08-05-08 07:48 AM
    Well I just got BBSmart via OTA. It's OK - cleans up emails & such. The +ptions/settings look simple & useful, and the instal was painless.

There is a major drawback already...
    Why does it pop a status bar when opening every message? Even opening messages I know are plain text, I need to watch a status bar load for a couple seconds before I can read the message. That's crap.

I'm 1 step closer to 4.5.

There

08-05-08 08:19 AM
    @ballinsol
    @imdakine1
    @alphaomega
    @lindaga35

OS 4.5.0.51 Beta can be found for your CDMA phones. However it is a BETA use at your own risk. People in the forums seem to think it will be another couple months before the 4.5 official is released , sometime in September maybe?

Anyways I thought the BBsmart veiwer SUCKED big time. It was so slow on my 8330 with 40+ mb filefree and it constantly got hung up loading the email itself or the images.

I think empower is supposed to be better BUT I never did try it because after my trial of bbsmart was almost up I upgraded my phone to 4.5.0.51 and the html email now rocks!

With 4.5 the images load super fast and smooth, look a lot better than the bbsmart renders and you are never stuck watching a progress bar , ie bbsmart.

There truly is no reason to pay out $30 for a third party email veiwer when 4.5 is this good. Especially bbsmart , there is NO way that app is worth $30 ,it stinks.

08-05-08 08:23 AM
    i have empower pro, its awesome, however the 4.5 HTML email is better
    08-05-08 09:04 AM
    4.5 is great.

08-05-08 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD