07-14-10 09:52 AM
29 12
tools
    Hmm. I must be mistaken about GMaps. GPSed is another free app. It doesn't have any maps, but will track your path on a grid. There are some geocaching apps as well. I think BlackStar is one, that you might look at.

If you want maps, and trekbuddy won't load for you, then you may need to buy a standalone handheld GPS. All the BlackBerry solutions (other than trekbuddy) that feature maps download the maps in realtime and require you to have a data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 01:10 PM
    I am new to the Blackberry community...How do I d/l BBMaps if it did not come with my phone? And will having more memory on my memory card help apps and the phone in general run more efficiently?
    07-14-10 07:31 AM
    I am new to the Blackberry community...How do I d/l BBMaps if it did not come with my phone? And will having more memory on my memory card help apps and the phone in general run more efficiently?
    You can't download BBMaps as a separate application. It's installed as part of your OS. As long as your carrier is not AT&T, you can install and run it. AT&T blocks BBMaps because they want you to use their very capable (but not free) app.

If you have your BlackBerry OS installed on your PC, and you are not an AT&T user, run the Desktop Manager App Loader. Check the box for BBMaps and the app loader will install it.

If you don't have your OS installed on your PC, you'll have to do that first.

Having more memory on your memory card won't help apps or the phone to run more efficiently. A memory card can be used to hold items that would otherwise take up space in application memory, and that helps performance, but empty space on the memory card cannot be used as application execution memory.
    07-14-10 09:09 AM
    thanks jeff!
    07-14-10 09:52 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD