So I need to make a new email account so that I come across a bit more professional for when I apply for jobs and my current address is anything but! This new address I'll be making will be used for a very long time from now on so it will need to have a good range of services and be compatible with my Z10's push email facility. Do any of you guys know of the best email experience out there?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:06 PM
    they all work, just pick one. i have gmail, 3 work accts, and an att account - all instant
    ruhban likes this.
    06-26-13 09:08 PM
    they all work, just pick one. i have gmail, 3 work accts, and an att account - all instant
    I have noticed several times that GMail emails came at the next sync (30 minutes late (at max)).
    annon91221 and ruhban like this.
    06-26-13 09:10 PM
    I just switched over to outlook.com and love it. Everything syncs perfectly with my Z.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    donmateo, annon91221 and ruhban like this.
    06-26-13 09:39 PM
    Outlook.com, the artist formerly known as Hotmail, is great. E-mails come in quick and the Z10 picks up on it quick also, and when I check them on computer, ipad or Z10 they all get updated in less than a minute. I wish my work e-mail would do the same...
    donmateo, pili4 and ruhban like this.
    06-26-13 09:47 PM
    I too switched from Yahoo, to Outlook.
    I LOVE Outlook!!!

Posted via CB10
    donmateo and ruhban like this.
    06-26-13 09:56 PM
    Outlook is the way to go. I had it when it was Hotmail, but it's the only reliable syncing email with my Z10, plus since nearly all professionals use Microsoft, it looks the most professional. Yahoo and Gmail are common spam emails too, IE spammers often host through them.
    annon91221 and ruhban like this.
    06-26-13 10:10 PM
    I ve been using outlook.com it's been very good, works nicely with my BlackBerry.
    ruhban likes this.
    06-26-13 10:22 PM
    Definitely look at Outlook.com. Email, contacts and calendar all work great with BB10. The layout is very simple. You can set up aliases, so you don't have to give out your main address to questionable sources. You can have a solid "business-like" address, as well as quirky ones for casual use. You also pick-up 7gb of online storage via Skydrive integrated into the account.
    ruhban likes this.
    06-27-13 06:24 AM
    I have been with Gmail since it was available by invite only. I have created an outlook account last year when I heard of the revamp, let me tell you I have been pleasantly surprised. The Web interface is cleaner and faster than gmail and I find it works better with the z10 as well. It feels like the bb7 push email I used to have.

Posted via CB10
    yellowhammer likes this.
    06-27-13 06:40 AM
    Another vote for outlook.com
    ruhban likes this.
    06-27-13 07:21 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! Wasn't there some sort of problem with Outlook? Where the user has to sync their device to Link and add their emails to their device. What @____ bit is there of the address? Sorry I don't know what that bit's called.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 01:00 PM
    I completely agree with the Outlook suggestions. I joined early and was fortunate enough to get my [email protected] address. I just think it's a lot more professional looking than gmail. I had no problem setting up my Outlook account to my Z10 just by entering my name and password.
    ruhban likes this.
    06-27-13 01:03 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! Wasn't there some sort of problem with Outlook? Where the user has to sync their device to Link and add their emails to their device. What @____ bit is there of the address? Sorry I don't know what that bit's called.

Posted via CB10
    That's related to using the Outlook desktop software. What most of us have been recommending is the Outlook.com web-based email service. Depending on your country, you can set up using @outlook.com; @live.com or @hotmail.com. The web-based uses the ActiveSync protocol. It's near instant delivery of email to your device.
    pantlesspenguin and kbz1960 like this.
    06-27-13 01:15 PM
    So I wouldn't have to do that then?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 03:39 PM
    So I wouldn't have to do that then?

Posted via CB10
    If you're asking if you would have to sync an Outlook.com email account via Link... No. It's a very painless setup from your device once you have an Outlook.com account activated.
    06-27-13 04:19 PM
    If you plan syncing your computer with MS Office Outlook then yes you have to do all the stuff. If you are not going to do that then no.
    06-27-13 05:23 PM
    Use Outlook

Posted via CB on my Z10
    06-27-13 05:39 PM
    There's no .co.uk but for the end. Do I have to have a .com for the end or am I trying to set it up wrong? Or is there no .co.uk version? I'd rather it was so it's clearer for my correspondent that I'm not American (not that there's anything wrong with being American of course).

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:46 PM
    Did you select your country? That gives you options aside from .com. (USA is the default country.)
    06-27-13 10:30 PM
    GMAIL for the win. Google recently introduced tabs that split up your whole inbox into four tabs which is amazing. All the important stuff in the first, social (facebook, twitter, etc) in the second, coupons and other stuff in another, and news and updates in another. It's amazing and so productive

Posted from Q10 and CB10.
    06-27-13 10:37 PM
    GMAIL for the win. Google recently introduced tabs that split up your whole inbox into four tabs which is amazing. All the important stuff in the first, social (facebook, twitter, etc) in the second, coupons and other stuff in another, and news and updates in another. It's amazing and so productive

Posted from Q10 and CB10.
    Unless you don't want any of that garbage on top of your email. Outlook has a slick, clean interface and works really well. Unlimited storage is nice too.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 11:04 PM
    I think I'm being extra ******** today but how do I get past this screen? I've tried logging in but for some reason it keeps coming back to this. I set the alias as my first name, last [email protected] or was I not supposed to do this?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 176987
    06-28-13 01:34 PM
    Outlook.com. I've kinda started dropping gmail because of their push changes and lack of EAS.
    06-28-13 01:46 PM
    Outlook.com. I've kinda started dropping gmail because of their push changes and lack of EAS.
    Me too. Been seeing more spam in gmail also. I have AOL still for a garbage account. Gmail might assume that role now.
    06-28-13 02:27 PM
42 12