Hi. Just curious how everyone's experience was purchasing their Z10 today. Seeing some conflicting reports suggesting the launch was a success and others suggesting it was a dud.

So what's the scoop?
    03-22-13 03:39 PM
    I personally feel that BlackBerry will have success in the US through word of mouth. Once there are 1 million plus devices circulating through the US, the device will begin to sell itself.

Overcoming the media sentiment should be quite easy once the customer reviews come in and potential customers have hands on experience with using their friends, colleague's and families devices. That is what occurred in Canada and the UK and should be a successful in the US.
    leejayh, sugbo and Dapper37 like this.
    03-22-13 03:55 PM
    Agree with the last poster here.

Blackberry will not win in the US through a humongous marketing campaign. It does not have the money and the campaign would not convince the negative sentiment. What needs to happen is a ever growing grass roots of individual evangelists. Those who are truely converted and want to pass on the wonderful experience and the virtues of the platform.

Unfortunately, that is going to take time. The fortunate side is that i think the pundits vastly underestimate the goodwill that BB has with it loyal base.

At the same time, BBRY needs to innovate on its platform and assets and start to move beyond matching what is in the market today. They need to create differentiation beyond just the customer experience into features and functionalities. Not sure what that is - and it is easier said than done while having to keep pace with the Android developments.

It is a touch world. BBRY need to figure out how to let the loyal ecosystem really help them.
    03-22-13 04:02 PM
    I was the first person at AT&T today to get my Z10. They had 9 in stock. No big display but they had no problem selling me one and didn't try to talk me out of it (though they never do). The manager said he had played around with his demo and liked it quite a bit.
    03-22-13 04:07 PM
    I was the first customer at our Best Buy Mobile store in the mall, and said to say I was the only Pre-Order customer as well. No demos out, no posters, nothing. They didn't even have an assigned workable demo phone for an associate, and won't until next week. The lady has no idea what she was doing when attempting to activate the phone.
    03-22-13 04:10 PM
    I got my Z10 via pre-order mail. I used to set up phones at my old job so I knew it wouldn't be a problem for me. Like a kid in a candy shop I came into work today all excited by my new toy. Only two people were actually excited to see it and play with it. People were impressed with the keyboard though laughed at me for some of my giddiness for things that we common on other platforms and phones. Now if only I could figure out to set up personal notification modes, such as "work" mode where only certain people make sounds....
    03-22-13 04:36 PM
    PS, unlike what it says under my pic, I am NOT a BB newbie, just a posting newbie. Loyal BB user for 6 yrs.
    Suhailone, bb624 and Philip Kaite1 like this.
    03-22-13 04:38 PM
    Stopped by my local Best Buy a bit ago to see if there was any Z10 "buzz" happening. Even though I'm on VZW and couldn't buy one anyway, I just wanted to see a Z10 in person. No display, no demo. The sales rep did go behind the counter and open a cabinet to show me the dummy non-working model.

It really does feel nice in the hand and now I'm excited all over again about getting one hopefully very soon!
    03-22-13 04:51 PM
    I was able to successfully convince two people on purchasing a Z10. I got another person who was looking at an android to reconsider, but I am not sure if he ended up getting the Z. It's all about word of mouth.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:51 PM
    Word of mouth is where the parties at
    03-22-13 04:54 PM
    Well with all the bashing in the media and a hard beating on the stock market will create some awareness about Z10. Almost like free publicity for people to be curious about the new phone. In the end, it's a preference, you can't force someone to like a product if they don't want to invest some time to research about the product. It's like anything out there, salesman are just interested in making a profit don't care for your interest if you are not prepared and gulable.
    03-22-13 05:04 PM
    Typical! I went to my local Best Buy just now in Elk Grove, CA. NO Z10, no place for one, no sign, no nothing! I was expecting nothing less from BB......
    03-22-13 05:48 PM
    I stopped in the Best Buy in Boardman, OH this afternoon and I asked to see the Z10. No display phone as they were never given a working demo but the salesperson immediately pulled one from stock. I am on Sprint so I immediately asked about availability. The Sprint rep was in the store and walked over when she heard us talking. I was told they just learned they are getting both devices however they were not given a confirmed date. I was also at Target and asked them about the phones and was told they are getting the Z10 at the end of April. The rep had a sell sheet of features and benefits already there.

I was the first customer at our Best Buy Mobile store in the mall, and said to say I was the only Pre-Order customer as well. No demos out, no posters, nothing. They didn't even have an assigned workable demo phone for an associate, and won't until next week. The lady has no idea what she was doing when attempting to activate the phone.
    03-22-13 06:42 PM
    The Best Buy employees in the phone section couldn't stop molesting my Z10 while they were setting it up. haha They love it, so that was reassuring.
    03-23-13 12:08 AM
    What's today's scoop?
    03-23-13 01:19 PM
    I bought mine yesterday at radio Shack and although they knew not anything about the device it was ok, I later went to the AT&T store ti buy a memory card since I get a discount and was more than pleased to see people interested in the phone and the sales associate rocking one and talking great things about it

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-23-13 01:46 PM
    There's a lot of shocking in store encounters that suffer from sensationalism. The more I investigate it turns out that many stores are in fact selling well and many customer service reps really enjoy the device. America...land of drama and sensationalism in the media. Sadly Canada suffers from this as well to a lesser degree
    03-23-13 02:50 PM
    I went into Best Buy to pick mine up and most of the phone reps knew about it but didn't know how to work it. They thought I worked for BlackBerry because of my BlackBerry shirt and because of the way that I talked about it. While the guy was getting my Z10 all registered an AT&T rep came in and started to talk to me about it. He hadn't had any hands on experience with it either so once I got it all loaded up I gave him a little demo of it. By the time I had shown him the keyboard and peak and flow in action I had basically convinced him to get one. Once people see the Z10 in action they are going to want it!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:21 PM
    I was the first person to pick up a Z10 at my local at&t store.a friend of mine works there and had just set up the demo unit,like everyone else,i didn't see any kind of advertising.he asked me if i wanted to wait for the demo to load up so i could tinker with or should he just go get the Z10 he put off to the side for me? I said no need,go grab my new Z10.he had some training for the new phone but said it wasn't very good.once we got it up and running,i showed him all the tricks and he told i should be their blackberry person,lol.so far everyone that has seen and used my Z10 like it alot.even a couple of friends who are iphone people were impressed by it.i'm still getting used to it myself,but I'm getting there,and love the phone and OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:41 PM
    What's the scoop?
    03-24-13 03:42 PM
    I was the first person at my Best Buy. I had stopped in the day before and they said they would hold one for me (couldn't sell one then to me). The rep knew nothing about the phone but after helping me he really was liking it. Another rep had played with it and he too was praising it. Both said they would consider getting one. I went to the ATT corporate store close by to cancel my ATT nav and talked to a rep there. The rep is an Iphone user but is going to try and get them to give him the BB to use as his work phone. He agreed with me that if reps would let people choose after being informed that the BB will do ok. He said some reps steer people to their favorite phone. He said he likes to find out what the person is looking for and then show them the phones. He said some times they come in for an Iphone but after talking to them and finding their needs he will direct them to an less expensive android phone that meets their needs.
    03-24-13 07:31 PM
    I got my Z10 at Best Buy in Nashua NH. I pre ordered it, got there around 10am on launch say and was the only one there getting a phone. They didn't have anything up, not even a dummy phone. The rep didn't know anything about it other than that they had a new BlackBerry. They had no accessories for it and he didn't know when they would have any coming in. Today I went to my local Best Buy and Tag et looking for a case. Neither store had anything for it and Best Buy still didn't have anything up for it, no signs, pictures, dummy phone or price. The only way you would know they were selling it is if you specifically ask for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:42 PM
    I went to a bestbuy store just to see the z10. But they only have a demo. I like the hardware so i hope next time i go they have a live one. My girlfriend is an iphone5 user and she like how it feels and look. But we are with sprint and me personally want the q10, but her would like the z10. And bestbuy have the z10 display and boards on front of the store.
    03-24-13 07:52 PM
    I got my Z10 at Best Buy in Nashua NH. I pre ordered it, got there around 10am on launch say and was the only one there getting a phone. They didn't have anything up, not even a dummy phone. The rep didn't know anything about it other than that they had a new BlackBerry. They had no accessories for it and he didn't know when they would have any coming in. Today I went to my local Best Buy and Tag et looking for a case. Neither store had anything for it and Best Buy still didn't have anything up for it, no signs, pictures, dummy phone or price. The only way you would know they were selling it is if you specifically ask for it.

Posted via CB10
    Buy accessories off CB especially if you live in the US

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:04 PM
    My experience was great...I reserved my the week before it launched at my local AT&T...the manager seemed more excited about the phone then I was...the employees were having a debate about the Z10 and the X one of course I put my 2 cents in about the hub flow and peak lol

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:17 PM
31 12