Just left best buy in Plymouth Ma. I asked if they had the new Sprint blackberrys and I was informed they can direct ship them but they aren't going to stock phones no one wants. I was told by a young salesman that blackberry is just about out of business laying off half of it's people. He suggested I get a free iPhone 3GS they had on special today. I wanted to freak out but just left feeling like I was just insulted for being dumb enough to want a phone he said is no good.
    Last edited by Heaterman61; 08-22-11 at 03:02 PM.
    08-22-11 02:59 PM
    It's called ignorance. You should have freaked out. Slapped yourself and told the manager he hit you.

Jk. But really. Calmly tell him that yo9u know more than he does and RIM is still in the game. Obviouslt he hasn't used the PlayBook yet.
    08-22-11 03:14 PM
    When I bought some phones late last year the Best buy sales people tried thier best to steer me away from BB to Android.

If it had not been for the fact they were then the only ones around that waived the 100.00 mail in rebate I would have made my purchases elsewhere.
    08-22-11 03:14 PM
    I would of let him have it. I am tired f all this BB hate. It seems that every time I talk to a sales rep, I know more about all the phones then they do. I even herd a rep once tell a customer that 3G phones can be upgraded to 4G with a software update. It seems like everyone hates BB. It makes me sick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 03:21 PM
    That's really strange because I've bought my past 2 BB's from BB (ha!) and both times they were really helpful and seemed satisfied with my choice. The first guy was very knowledgeable and had 2 BB's on his belt. The second time (4 months ago) the girl that sold/activated mine had the same one I was getting and was talking about how much she loved it.
    08-22-11 03:22 PM
    How much are they from best Buy btw?
    08-22-11 03:23 PM
    If you search the forum you'll see numerous stories like yours. Even if you go to many of the major carriers you may get steered toward a different brand other than BlackBerry.

Buying a BlackBerry these days can be a true labor of love.
    Obviously the salesman was ignorant of facts about RIM. However, it is a retailer's prerogative to stock items it thinks will sell. If shelf space is occupied by something that is not selling, the retailer will replace that product with an item that will sell.
    i was in Best Buy yesterday to buy a PC for my son. I was pressured by several sales people to buy an Apple product and one individual noticed my Playbook which was running via BB bridge. He laughed and said he had heard that Playbooks were "difficult" and "unfriendly". He had no clue how to use the PB and seemed genuinely surprised by my ease in navigating the device. For some reason these people have no clue about the utility or basic functions of PB.
    08-22-11 03:46 PM
    I imagine that Best buy is like any other retailer they will push whatever products they have the highest profit margins on.

I have spent a lot of time in BB the last several months purchasing phones and have witnessed their sales tactics. They never ask a customer what kind of usage they require in a phone. they simply start out by pushing them to the high end androids or Apple products.
    08-22-11 05:01 PM
    i was in Best Buy yesterday to buy a PC for my son. I was pressured by several sales people to buy an Apple product and one individual noticed my Playbook which was running via BB bridge. He laughed and said he had heard that Playbooks were "difficult" and "unfriendly". He had no clue how to use the PB and seemed genuinely surprised by my ease in navigating the device. For some reason these people have no clue about the utility or basic functions of PB.
    i dont know how people can be willingly ignorant of information and products that they are supposed to be versed in. Do people really like sucking at their jobs? Do they really like being exposed as know-nothings by the same customers they are supposed to be helping?
    08-22-11 05:31 PM
    Guess it depends on the salesperson. I've never seen bb get much mention anywhere unless they are pushing a deal to get rid of them.
    08-22-11 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD