Well after bunch of playing around and testing stuff I have made the decision to have the best of both worlds

I have been using the 9700 since it came out but there are a few things I dont like on it like the Facebook application, Skype (IM) and a few others. However nothing will ever beat a BB for email use and thats a given. So when I was in Australia a month ago I picked up the new iPhone 4 and put it through its paces.

The apps are awesome, the display is great and its social networking apps are hands down better than the BB ones.

So once I checked through all my list of important necessities I came to the conclusion that I am using the Bold 9700 for all my emails and BB Messaging and will be using the iPhone 4 for all my social media networking and normal phone and sms things.

Now while the BB Messenger is awesome I have also found another program called whatsapp which provides a BB Messenger type instant chat service which works on both BB and iPhone so I can basically BB message on the iphone as well. Its actually worth trying

To download it from your BB go to WhatsApp Messenger for Blackberry

And as long as the other person you are wanting to chat with has it on their phone its good to go. Try it out, I was impressed.

So running both phones for me is a great option. And to top it off I have bought an unlocked Torch from the United States and it should be here in a couple of days so I will be using iPhone 4 along with the Torch - aint life sweet.

Cheers

Ned
    08-24-10 02:52 PM
    I think you'll just be using the torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 03:26 PM
    I am staying with the BB. If I want all the fancy apps, I can download them on the iPod touch. The 4th Gen iPod, is suppose to have a camera. Or better yet, I could go with the iPad without the 3G service. I am happy with just WiFi.
    08-24-10 05:23 PM
    Op: where do you keep both phones? In separate pockets? Or hip cases? I have my wallet, keys, and 9700 taking up 3 pockets...and I wouldn't want to store a touch screen device in my back pocket.

08-24-10 05:30 PM
    I solved this problem too. I own both and just interchange my sim card whenever
    I feel like using one or another.
    08-24-10 06:49 PM
    You should plan to use the BB for your actual phone calls too, since the iphone4 seems to have some trouble with that.
    08-24-10 06:53 PM
    You should plan to use the BB for your actual phone calls too, since the iphone4 seems to have some trouble with that.
    If I was going to go that far I would go 9700 or 9800/ Droid. I have a 9700 and also have a 9800 on the way (what's the hold up CrackBerry?? )

08-24-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD