what does everyone recommend for a good bluetooth for the storm 2 ?
    Thanks
    Tom
    06-07-10 01:02 PM
    There have been many, many threads on this subject (one I started myself way back when). I've not seen much change in the responses. There are several BT devices that consistently rank higher. Jawbone (both Prime and the newer Icon), Voyager Pro and one of the Motorola models (forget which one). I use a Jawbone Prime (though, I really like the Icon features and would buy it if I didn't already have the Prime). The Voyager Pro had the highest "call quality" ratings from Consumer Reports, but it did not have an ear loop which I insist upon (Jawbone has BOTH a nice fitting ear bud AND a loop. Earbuds come with the device in Small, Medium and Large). I have yet to see an earbud only device that will stay in my ear, though some claim no problems. There is another Voyager model that gets high scores but it's way too big for my own tastes, the battery is huge (but lasts longer than my Jawbone).

I suggest you hop over to Product reviews and prices, software downloads, and tech news - CNET and do a search on BT reviews, they have both video and text reviews on tons of BT models. I think this is the best way to begin your search.

One final point. I say my Jawbone "works fine" with my Storm 2 and that is correct, at least, it WAS correct until VZW released the OS upgrade to .607. When that happened, BT volume dropped precipitously low, almost to the point of being unusable while driving. This annoys me no end and many, many here have complained of the same thing. I called Jawbone and they say it's an OS issue, I called VZW and they say it's a BT Device issue. The numerous complaints here seem to indicate that the make/model of the BT is irrelevant, it's happening across the board. To add more confusion, some say "there was no change" which simply blows my mind, LOL.
    06-07-10 01:32 PM
    Just posted on one I got, read the link here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...eadset-479777/

I'm liking them and much better price than MotoRoks. These are stereo bluetooth, but be careful you read the part about the OS, some people have trouble with any bluetooth device depending on the OS you're running.
    06-07-10 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD