Well I decided to finally get a bluetooth headset. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one to get???
    09-07-07 05:33 PM
    Jawbone! But, if you want A2DP support, you'll have to get something else...
    09-07-07 07:42 PM
    Whats A2DP???
    09-07-07 10:01 PM
    I JUST got my hands on a BlueAnt Z9 headset...and I gotta tell you, I think it might just be a Jawbone killer. Smaller, easier controls, slick, and it looks like the technology inside might be just as good. I had seen pictures of it online and thought not much of it...but let me tell you, the pictures don't do it justice. In person it is coool!

I've been using the Jawbone for a couple of months now. For the most part I love it...but I do find its a controls finickity at best (i loved the simplicity of my old motorola H700), and lately people on the other end of the line tell me I sound far away when using the Jawbone. Not quite sure what's up with it...but for whatever reason, my love affair with the Jawbone is dwindling a bit. Plus it feels heavy on the ear after a while. As of now it's probably still my #1 pick...and you really can't go wrong with the Jawbone... especially when you look at how much its dropped in price - $89.95 for the Red Jawbone in the Crackberry Store.

Will hopefully get a review of the Z9 up in the next week or two. Going to pull it out of the box and let it charge. Super excited to use it. I've heard good things about it. It definitely looks like it has potential.
    09-07-07 11:52 PM
    Whats A2DP???
    Found this here: Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A2DP[2] is designed to transfer a 2-channel stereo audio stream, like music from an MP3 player, to a headset or car radio. This profile relies on AVDTP and GAVDP. It includes mandatory support for low complexity Sub Band Codec (SBC) and supports optionally: MPEG-1,2 Audio, MPEG-2,4 AAC and ATRAC, and is extensible to support manufacturer-defined codecs. Most bluetooth stacks implement the SCMS-T DRM (digital rights management) scheme. In these cases it is not possible to connect the A2DP headphones for high quality audio. E.g. the Motorola HT820 can be used for high quality audio only with certain versions of the Toshiba bluetooth stack.
    09-08-07 07:41 AM
    That does look like a nice unit. I have the moto h500 and I don't like it with my 8830. I will be looking forward to your findings, or I might just try it myself.
    09-08-07 07:43 AM
    I like my Jawbone fine, but I understand a lot of people have problems with the fit, and some seem to have a problem with the sound quality. The people I have asked told me they could not even tell I was on a headset.

I got my wife the Plantronics 655, and she loves it. Small, unobtrusive, easy to use, good fit, excellent sound quality, and you can charge it up 7 different ways from Sunday! Battery life is exceptional, as is it is with my Jawbone as well.

Of course, if you're independently wealthy and have some cash to burn, get the new Bang & Olufsen Earset 2 (~$350US) and write us a review. I like the look, and it comes with a charger that doubles as a compact carrying case. B&O makes electronics that are d34d teh s3x4y! *drool*

[pout]
    I want my Jawbone carrying case, darnit! C'mon, Aliph! *poke*
    [/pout]
    Last edited by rrrebo; 09-08-07 at 01:24 PM.
    09-08-07 01:21 PM
    Wait wait wait...Nokia BH-700

Nokia BH Series. I have the 700 and its awesome. Will have some news on the 800 but i have to say it (BH700) stamps on all of the other headsets out there...in my opinion.

Also...Where is BlueSpoon when you need them - remember them?
    09-08-07 04:37 PM
    I am going to buy to day or tomorrow and really would like to know what your thoughts are on the Jawbone 2 VS Blueant. have you had enough time to compare the two and come to a conclusion?
    06-02-08 02:19 PM
    I have a H680 and I really like it. It has great battery life lite and I really like the on and off switch.
    06-02-08 02:39 PM
    I JUST got my hands on a BlueAnt Z9 headset...and I gotta tell you, I think it might just be a Jawbone killer. Smaller, easier controls, slick, and it looks like the technology inside might be just as good. I had seen pictures of it online and thought not much of it...but let me tell you, the pictures don't do it justice. In person it is coool!

I've been using the Jawbone for a couple of months now. For the most part I love it...but I do find its a controls finickity at best (i loved the simplicity of my old motorola H700), and lately people on the other end of the line tell me I sound far away when using the Jawbone. Not quite sure what's up with it...but for whatever reason, my love affair with the Jawbone is dwindling a bit. Plus it feels heavy on the ear after a while. As of now it's probably still my #1 pick...and you really can't go wrong with the Jawbone... especially when you look at how much its dropped in price - $89.95 for the Red Jawbone in the Crackberry Store.

Will hopefully get a review of the Z9 up in the next week or two. Going to pull it out of the box and let it charge. Super excited to use it. I've heard good things about it. It definitely looks like it has potential.
    I LOVE my Z9! (From the CB Store, I might add)

I love it even moreso today! I made a mistake...I left my headset in my pocket, threw it in the washer...yeah, I know.

I remembered it between the wash and rinse cycle. :P

I took it out, cried on the inside and thought: "Maybe, just maybe, she'll be ok..."

Sure enough, I let it dry out overnight, powered it up today and it's working great! Now I don't recommend this by any stretch, I know I got lucky! I had to order a replacement earpiece as it got chewed on a little, but $9.99 is a far cry better than $80!

So, it's a tough little headset, and now BlueAnt has the Z9i out. Has the ability to connect to multiple devices simultaneously, and comes with two different sized earpieces now. Also comes in red.
    06-02-08 02:53 PM
    Moto H710 has been working well for me, there ara also stereo headsets (more suited for music) w built in microphones.
    06-02-08 03:18 PM
    I got one of the new Jawbones and am going to send it back. It came with several ear loops which appear to all be the same size. I've tried the different ear pieces and no matter what I do I can't keep the thing in my ear. Half the time when I turn my head it falls off. The sound quality is great but not when it's laying on the floor of my car.
    06-02-08 05:41 PM
    I have a Plantronics Discovery 645 and it has work very well. Next I really want an Invisio Q7, which look like it should have the better noise reduction than any headset to date.
    06-02-08 06:53 PM
    I have a Plantronics Discovery 645 and it has work very well. Next I really want an Invisio Q7, which look like it should have the better noise reduction than any headset to date.
    I've read a few comments about the IQ7, and most of them werent that great. Many people complain of the headset making them sound like their talking inside a tin can.
    06-02-08 07:44 PM
    I love my Z9.....Haven't had a problem with it at all. Fits in my ear just fine. The sound is great and when I use the maximum voice isolation, it blocks out all ambient noise. I would highly recommend it. Now I see there is a Z9i, which is the latest version. I don't know anything about it. The Z9 firmware is upgradable too and it has a two-year warranty. I talked my boss into one too and he loves it as well.
    06-02-08 07:57 PM
    I love my Z9.. I would highly recommend it. Now I see there is a Z9i, which is the latest version. I don't know anything about it.
    The Z9i allows connections to multiple phones at the same time instead of having to disconnect and tap the button multiple times for different profiles on the Z9, and it comes with two different sized earpieces as well.
    06-03-08 10:35 AM
    I like my plantronics 520. It's not the most amazing thing in the world but it works good for me.
    06-03-08 12:39 PM
    The Plantronics Voyager 815 is the best BT Ive ever had.
    06-03-08 01:01 PM
    To revive an older thread - I have the Plantronics 520 also and the range on it is horrible. Yesterday, on Black Friday, I went and bought a BlueAnt Z9i and a Motorola H375 ($9.99) to try out. The Z9i ($69.99) had the same problem with range as the 520. When the phone is on my left hip it gets static. Charging up the H375 to test.

OK - the H375 is charged up and much better range. The sound quality was about the same as the Z9i on my 8330. Hope that helps someone down the road.
    Last edited by howie; 11-29-08 at 08:02 PM.
    11-29-08 07:32 PM
    To revive an older thread - I have the Plantronics 520 also and the range on it is horrible. Yesterday, on Black Friday, I went and bought a BlueAnt Z9i and a Motorola H375 ($9.99) to try out. The Z9i ($69.99) had the same problem with range as the 520. When the phone is on my left hip it gets static. Charging up the H375 to test.

OK - the H375 is charged up and much better range. The sound quality was about the same as the Z9i on my 8330. Hope that helps someone down the road.
    Weird. I've never had a static/range issue with either of my BlueAnt Z9's (not the Z9i).

One of the main tests for me is how you sound to the person on the other end when you are in a noisy/ier environment. This is where the Z9 and Z9i really shine!
    11-29-08 08:45 PM
    depends on what you want it for, the new blue ant v1 is AMAZING. It has voicedialing in the bluetooth and not part of the headset...meaning if you have a device that doesn't have voicedial you can still voicedial by the bluetooth itself and has as good noise reduction as the jawbone 2
    11-29-08 08:48 PM
    depends on what you want it for, the new blue ant v1 is AMAZING. It has voicedialing in the bluetooth and not part of the headset...meaning if you have a device that doesn't have voicedial you can still voicedial by the bluetooth itself and has as good noise reduction as the jawbone 2
    I agree...the V1 is an amazing new device. If it had the same voice isolation technology as the Z9/Z9i, it would be da*n near the perfect BT headset.

BlueAnt FTW!
    11-29-08 08:54 PM
    Weird. I've never had a static/range issue with either of my BlueAnt Z9's (not the Z9i).

One of the main tests for me is how you sound to the person on the other end when you are in a noisy/ier environment. This is where the Z9 and Z9i really shine!
    The biggest problem I have is that when I put my phone in my jacket pocket or holster it gets crackly and some static appears when the other person is talking. But, if I have to hold the phone at my chest to hear it clearly, then I might as well not use a headset since it doesn't free my hands. Both headsets the other person said sounded about the same (the Z9i was a tad better of course).
    11-29-08 09:21 PM
    I agree...the V1 is an amazing new device. If it had the same voice isolation technology as the Z9/Z9i, it would be da*n near the perfect BT headset.

BlueAnt FTW!
    it does.....it's the exact same other then having the voicedial feature now
    11-29-08 09:51 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD