SureType has to be the fastest I have ever been able to type on a mobile phone outside of when I found the grove with my EnV, it's a bummer that the 9550 for some reason couldn't keep up with me. Although the 9550 is miles ahead of the 9530, it's still not yet there. Love the SurePress and Peizo buttons, it still needs some work IMO. The second best for typing would be the 8330, the keys are spaced just right and had a good feel to them, but you still need two hands to use it. Still adjusting to the 8530, which I think the keys are to close to each other and feel "softer" then the 8330, but I'm getting better. There is no way I could live w/o wifi and OS5.0 and the 9550 just didn't cut it so I found myself moving to the 8530 for that reason. I see myself getting the 3rd gen pearl/9100 series when that comes out so that I can have SureType again. I'll miss the screen size, but I'll enjoy being able to pump out emails/txts/BBM/etc with one had and still being accurate and feel that SureType, once it gets the feel for the common words you use, can do that quickly and accurately.

So my vote is for any device supporting SureType.
    03-25-10 03:31 AM
    SureType has to be the fastest I have ever been able to type on a mobile phone outside of when I found the grove with my EnV, it's a bummer that the 9550 for some reason couldn't keep up with me. Although the 9550 is miles ahead of the 9530, it's still not yet there. Love the SurePress and Peizo buttons, it still needs some work IMO. The second best for typing would be the 8330, the keys are spaced just right and had a good feel to them, but you still need two hands to use it. Still adjusting to the 8530, which I think the keys are to close to each other and feel "softer" then the 8330, but I'm getting better. There is no way I could live w/o wifi and OS5.0 and the 9550 just didn't cut it so I found myself moving to the 8530 for that reason. I see myself getting the 3rd gen pearl/9100 series when that comes out so that I can have SureType again. I'll miss the screen size, but I'll enjoy being able to pump out emails/txts/BBM/etc with one had and still being accurate and feel that SureType, once it gets the feel for the common words you use, can do that quickly and accurately.

So my vote is for any device supporting SureType.
    Try typing in two diferent languages tho, that's where it fails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 08:08 AM
    Try typing in two diferent languages tho, that's where it fails.

You know, someone mentioned a shortcut to change languages. Damn if I forgot it.

My favorite keyboard was the 9000. But I adapted to the 9700 in a nanosecond.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 03-25-10 at 08:12 AM.
    03-25-10 08:10 AM
    You know, someone mentioned a shortcut to change languages. Damn if I forgot it.
    Sorry, I meant a language that is not supported, in my case romanian.

03-25-10 08:12 AM
    Sorry, I meant a language that is not supported, in my case romanian.

Or Gaelic.
    03-25-10 08:15 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD