I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 and I love it. But it's getting old and scratched and I'd just like something new. I am leaning towards either the Storm 2 or the new Tour/Bold (whatever it is!).

One of the things I love about the Curve is that it takes such great pictures. I know for some of you, that may not be that big of a deal, but I do project 356 (where you take a picture a day), and if I don't have my camera with me, I don't hesitate to use my BB.

I was going to post a link to my blog, which has two BB pictures up today, but it won't let me. If you want to see them, the blog is titled Sidewalkshoes 365.

They are crisp and focused with great color.

Will the Storm 2's camera take pictures this good? It is a newer phone, so it should be be a better camera right?

I use my phone mainly for email, which is why I want to stay with a BB and not go elsewhere. Though having a few more apps would be nice.
    02-27-10 03:54 PM
    Easily any of the BBs with a 3.2mp camera. Tour, 8900, 9700, etc...
    I can't remember which but one of the 85xx series (or all) does not have
    a flash so that is a huge minus.

Just keep in mind it's a camera phone. It will never replicate the results of
    a SLR or DSLR. Ever.
    02-27-10 04:00 PM
    my girlfriend has a curve 8520, and compared to my tour the pictures are ntohing. I love my tour camera, if you look for a 3.2 megapixel WITH autofocus you will not be disappointed.
    02-27-10 04:08 PM
    Easily any of the BBs with a 3.2mp camera. Tour, 8900, 9700, etc...
    I can't remember which but one of the 85xx series (or all) does not have
    a flash so that is a huge minus.

Just keep in mind it's a camera phone. It will never replicate the results of
    a SLR or DSLR. Ever.
    I have a work associate that has a Nokia that has an 8 megapixel camera built in that takes incredible pictures, but he bought it just for that feature as that is what he is into. I have the BB8520, 2 megapixel and no flash, and for what I need, it works. For a photography buff, even a 3.2 megapixel camera would be insufficient from what I have seen/heard.
    02-27-10 04:27 PM
    Storm2 has a fantastic camera (for such a small component found in the device) and a powerful LED flashlight, which can help in shooting photos. Autofocus helps a lot, but still I am not completely satisfied with the final results. Even in good lighting and the camera settings all at their highest possible values the resulting pictures have artifacts, RGB noise and blur in certain spots. Therefore for high resolution pictures it won't do a good job, but for stuff like self portraits for Facebook it's excellent. I'm sure the camera is just fine for your project as well, but just because it's a newer phone don't expect any high quality pictures.

Also as a side note, I own a Nikon DSLR. I'm very picky when it comes to picture quality so take my comment with a good grain of salt.
    02-27-10 04:35 PM
    get the bold 9650 when it comes out.
    02-27-10 05:48 PM
    Unless you are a professional photog any of the 3.2 camera BBs will be fine, the S2, Tour, 9700, 8900, you should b e fine.
    02-27-10 07:27 PM
    I dont know why but my 3.2 AF on my 8900 was clearer than the same camera on my 9700. That thing took GREAT pics
    02-27-10 08:17 PM
    Unless you are a professional photog any of the 3.2 camera BBs will be fine, the S2, Tour, 9700, 8900, you should b e fine.
    +1
    My Tour camera takes fantastic pictures... Couldn't be happier with the camera.
    02-27-10 09:00 PM
    My Curve 8900 takes wonderful pics, even with the flash it is pretty satisfactory. Like what pkcable said, any BB with a 3.2 MP camera is fine
    02-27-10 10:33 PM
    Tour takes pretty good pics but let's face it, for BBs to step their overall game up and make 5 mp cameras for their high end devices, and 3.2 for lower end devices. I know cameras shouldn't be at the top of the "to do" list for RIM, but overall package improvements would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 10:34 PM
    The Tour camera is awesome! It makes the Curve camera look like a toy in comparison.
    02-27-10 11:01 PM
    The Storm 1 and 2 take pretty good pictures, depending on the lighting. They are quite good under good natural lighting (outdoors) and at macro shots. In fact, it's probably the best camera I've ever used for really up close pictures of things like business cards, product labels, etc. They will do the job with flash shots, but it can get ugly if the subject is more than a few feet away. Better than not having a flash at all though! Overall I've been quite pleased with the camera for what it is and how I use it.
    02-27-10 11:50 PM
    Not just saying this because I have one but the 9700 takes some mean pics

02-28-10 12:55 AM
    I have the 9700 and it is better at taking pictures to a lot of other camera phones, however it is just decent. Again nothing like a SLR or DSLR, but those can get pricey. I am sure it will suffice your needs.

02-28-10 10:56 AM
    I dont know why but my 3.2 AF on my 8900 was clearer than the same camera on my 9700. That thing took GREAT pics
    +1 my 8900 also took clearer and better pictures than my current Storm2.
    02-28-10 10:59 AM
    8900 or 9700 both have excellent cameras
    02-28-10 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD